Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2014, 10:13 PM   #4231
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Silicon Valley California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 121
Q7 Akihabara

W/ Q7






















Rick

11-13-2014, 05:34 AM - 3 Likes   #4232
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Beijing
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 64
my little middle child loves dogs

And she gets in close with dogs of all sizes... Trying to teach her not to
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
11-13-2014, 06:07 AM - 1 Like   #4233
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 969


01 Prime on original Q
11-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #4234
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 128
Showing off my inexperience here

Sorry for throwing this in here, but I went out and got myself a Q7 a few days ago and had my first outing with it at night using the 5-15. There were sources of light (lampposts) in my photos, and I ended up with these circles on them that would appear whether the lamps were far away or close by. Are there techniques (or something) for getting light sources in the picture without provoking these circles? Are they something that would have to be PP'd out? Crops of them below:

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
11-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #4235
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,735
QuoteOriginally posted by goodnight Quote
There were sources of light (lampposts) in my photos, and I ended up with these circles on them that would appear whether the lamps were far away or close by. Are there techniques (or something) for getting light sources in the picture without provoking these circles? Are they something that would have to be PP'd out?
If they're bothering you, yes.

Otherwise, we'll just have to live with them
until they bring out an HD version of the 02.

Flare circles like this are much worse on the 03 fisheye.
11-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #4236
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 128
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
If they're bothering you, yes.

Otherwise, we'll just have to live with them
until they bring out an HD version of the 02.

Flare circles like this are much worse on the 03 fisheye.
Ah. Thank you, lytrytyr. I went out today in similar conditions with my K-30 and 35 ltd and also witnessed the same effect, but less pronounced. It was a learning experience that increased my appreciation for both cameras. I'm not sure I can remove the circles in Lightroom. I guess I'll just have to watch out with lights at night, or maybe try the 15
11-16-2014, 06:21 AM - 2 Likes   #4237
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Beijing
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 64
Quick shot with the 01. My friend laughed at the camera until I showed him his face at 100%
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
11-16-2014, 07:20 AM - 1 Like   #4238
New Member
plsbecarepaul's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 20
Im enjoying my new 03 Fish eye lens and played with it today Here goes some pics















11-16-2014, 10:56 AM - 1 Like   #4239
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,657
Panorama of Navajo Mountain Q7/06

This was made with ICE from 5 photos taken with the Q7 and 06 lens. Navajo Mountain on Navajo Reservation, Arizona. The full size photo has tremendous detail of this 10,382 ft mountain. EDIT: Geez, I put A7 in the original post.


Last edited by Mikesul; 11-16-2014 at 01:22 PM.
11-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #4240
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,254
QuoteOriginally posted by Hinomaru Quote
W/ Q7
Rick
Akihabara brings back memories I was there in 1992 before digital thanks for sharing

---------- Post added 11-16-2014 at 03:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by plsbecarepaul Quote
Im enjoying my new 03 Fish eye lens and played with it today Here goes some pics

That's the first thing I did with my 03 took it to the mall during the holidays, I may have to do it again, nice shooting
11-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #4241
Site Supporter
CWRailman's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Photos: Albums
Posts: 504
QuoteOriginally posted by PANGU_yien Quote
Quick shot with the 01. My friend laughed at the camera until I showed him his face at 100%
I'll bet he's not laughing when he asks for a copy of that image to use for his social media.
11-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #4242
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,657
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
I'll bet he's not laughing when he asks for a copy of that image to use for his social media.
Yes! Another instance of a picture speaking a thousand words.
11-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #4243
Senior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Silicon Valley California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 121
QuoteQuote:
=hnikesch;3026058]Akihabara brings back memories I was there in 1992 before digital thanks for sharing
Hi hnikesch

Wow, 1992 is still a while back... but for me it was since the 1970s - 40 years ago I was a military brat growing up in Tokyo and revisiting Akihabara was an eye opener or better yet Tokyo for that matter. In my teens I used to take the train downtown and now I'm pushing 60 - those stairs at train stations felt quite daunting but thank goodness some have escalators. Used to carry a half frame Olympus Pen EES-2 with B&W film - walk around Tokyo then go back to the Base Hobby Shop Darkroom to develop & print photos. Now Tokyo is a fascinating place but I'm glad to be back in California. Things are not as fast paced and more relaxing - however the traffic here in the San Francisco Bay Area is pretty awful.

Rick
11-17-2014, 05:01 PM - 2 Likes   #4244
Site Supporter
Erdž's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SEQ
Posts: 293
QuoteOriginally posted by madskillz06 Quote
More shots with the 02 zoom lens
Based on this and a couple of your earlier posts, I suspect you're having difficulty displaying the images within your post?
In Flickr, if you click on the right pointing arrow (the "Share this photo" icon) at the bottom right of your images, select "BB Code", choose the size you wish to display, then copy the code and paste it here.
I hope you don't mind...this is an excellent example of the Q's (and the 02's) capability and is definitely worth sharing (if you prefer I remove it, let me know):

Last edited by Erdž; 11-17-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: typo fix
11-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #4245
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 13
QuoteOriginally posted by Erdž Quote
Based on this and a couple of your earlier posts, I suspect you're having difficulty displaying the images within your post?
In Flickr, if you click on the right pointing arrow (the "Share this photo" icon) at the bottom right of your images, select "BB Code", choose the size you wish to display, then copy the code and paste it here.
I hope you don't mind...this is an excellent example of the Q's (and the 02's) capability and is definitely worth sharing (if you prefer I remove it, let me know):
Thank you for the tip and by all means it's ok for reposting. As you could tell I was having problems uploading. Lol
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:09 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top