Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5700 Likes Search this Thread
02-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kirill_est Quote
Thank you! Been in HK 3 times and still have not had enough of that amazing city. But the shadow shot was made back home in Estonia, on the beach in Tallinn, although I am sure any beach anywhere can be used for such fun photography. The only thing I regret is that this is not a proper 180-degree fisheye, just 160 degrees.
LOL, i disagree on the fisheye field of view because that means for me to get close up (like i do) i'd have be under 6" to my subject constantly and not 12" - 3' which is normal for most of my shooting but i do really love this lens now it's my standard

I'm going to have to post one that i really like with no resizing to show how sharp it can really be but i haven't seen that shot as yet but i have a few ideas when it gets warmer

02-26-2012, 04:38 PM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

The FE is a ton of fun IMO. Just got one recently, and the first thing I did was to torment my cats by sticking the Q in their faces -- I couldn't help myself.

This one's at ISO 3200, 1/10, Jpeg, with Sharpening and Contrast turned down in the image settings. The only PP done was I cloned a few minor background distractions out then resized in steps to 1024 on the long side. This was shot from about 3" from her nose. I preset the focus and was just holding the camera, not even looking at the LCD.
Attached Images

02-26-2012, 10:30 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Did some street shooting today and wanted to try out my OVF with my prime, the framing seems to be spot on...

Last edited by wanderography; 03-27-2012 at 07:23 PM.
02-27-2012, 02:52 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Thank you! Been in HK 3 times and still have not had enough of that amazing city. .
It seems you were here over Chinese New Year, as even Times Square isn't usually that busy!

02-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #35

QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
It seems you were here over Chinese New Year, as even Times Square isn't usually that busy!
That is 100% spot on. Oh and Kung Hei Fat Choi!
02-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #36
Veteran Member

That is 100% spot on. Oh and Kung Hei Fat Choi!
To you too!
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #37
Veteran Member

heres one from today

02-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Holy doo doo! Is that straight out of the camera, or did you slip with the saturation slider? It's certainly got a unique look!
03-01-2012, 06:43 PM - 3 Likes   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Woohoo! My 02 zoom lens arrived. To celebrate, I thought I'd use it to test out some lighting gear with a self-portrait.

This is 10mm wide open. The Q is a pleasure to use in this setting. My battery died during the shoot. Since Pentax put the battery door in the side, I didn't have to unmount it from the tripod to replace it. And my Pentax remote works with the camera too. :-)
03-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice job with the self portrait. Not easy to get good shots of yourself. Lighting looks excellent- what did you use? The zoom is on my list to buy. Don't forget the firmware upgrade.

thanks for sharing
barondla
03-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Nice job with the self portrait. Not easy to get good shots of yourself. Lighting looks excellent- what did you use? The zoom is on my list to buy. Don't forget the firmware upgrade.

thanks for sharing
barondla
Oh, thanks for reminding me! I have to update the firmware on the lens still. As for the lighting:

60" Softlighter II umbrella with diffuser at camera left as key light
Lumiquest Quick Bounce on camera for on-axis fill
bare flash with a flag to illuminate the background

I'm still experimenting with different setups. The Q is pretty good on a tripod with the Pentax remote and with face detection on. :-)
03-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #42
Forum Member

I have the K5 and love it but for sometime now Iv been wanting something new to play with. I looked at the Q when it first came out and was thinking about it but there was talk of a new camera coming from pentax rico so I just held off. Well the K01 was released I said NO way to that ugly thing and started looking at the xpro1 but it to comes with a price. So today I was in London Drugs and seen the Q for $499. Now that more people have posted Q shots and the fact I can use my DA lens on it I bought it so Im now a happy owner of a Q.
03-04-2012, 06:21 PM - 3 Likes   #43
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nice shot guys! No much time to use my Q, its a good tool for street, small and fast, I'm still thinking about viewfinder and wait for wide angle like 28mm or 35mm.

03-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by northislander Quote
I have the K5 and love it but for sometime now Iv been wanting something new to play with. I looked at the Q when it first came out and was thinking about it but there was talk of a new camera coming from pentax rico so I just held off. Well the K01 was released I said NO way to that ugly thing and started looking at the xpro1 but it to comes with a price. So today I was in London Drugs and seen the Q for $499. Now that more people have posted Q shots and the fact I can use my DA lens on it I bought it so Im now a happy owner of a Q.
Congratulations... A shot from today...

03-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Northislander congratulations on the new Q! Think you will enjoy it. The Q compliments the K series camera well. Love how the Q handles like a dslr.

Ricardsonwilliams, wonderful image of the worker. The composition works well for the image. The Q is a great street camera.

Bmonki, your flower shot is very nice. The out of focus background adds to the image. Well done.
thanks
barondla