Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #4576
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 29
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Here is a shot I took using Q-S1.



Fabulous shot



05-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #4577
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 961
Trestles on a "meh" day. OOC color jpg converted to B&W in DxO FP5. No sharpening. Original Q with 55-300mm lens. I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to a Q7 for use with this lens for the slightly larger sensor I'd lose some reach but might gain some IQ.. Comparing image samples between the MX-1 and the Q7 at DPReview didn't tell me much due to the different lenses. The *300 would be the obvious solution on the Q, I would imagine. big money for me, though. At that point I'd probably just pony up for the Sigma 50-500mm to get crazy close and sharp.

Anyway, it was a nice walk to Trestles and a good way to spend the last hour of the morning.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 05-27-2015 at 02:52 PM.
05-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #4578
Veteran Member
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,971
QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie McConnochie Quote
Fabulous shot

Thanks Charlie
05-29-2015, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #4579
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 38
Pentax Q + 01. View from my balcony.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
05-29-2015, 02:32 AM   #4580
Junior Member




Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 38
1 more
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
05-30-2015, 01:40 AM - 4 Likes   #4581
Senior Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lake District
Posts: 222
Brugges (as we English spell it) in Belgium. Canal.
Q7, 08 Lens at it's widest. OOC jpeg except for a little cropping and a tad sharpening



---------- Post added 30-05-15 at 09:48 AM ----------

And another at Brugges, Belfort tower/clock
again OOC jpeg, 08 wide on a Q7



---------- Post added 30-05-15 at 09:57 AM ----------

And a final one of the series Brugges night shots. Q7, 08 lens

05-30-2015, 10:33 AM - 2 Likes   #4582
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Flyover America
Posts: 4,475
Yesterday was cold, wet and windy.
So I made a pot of coffee, set up my gear next to the kitchen table and just let the gear do the walking for me.
You can do that when you have 560mm of glass with a Q sensor mounted on the back end of it.

BTW I got a cheapo AC power adapter for the Q and it's really nice to be able to leave the Q running all day with the LCD on full bright and not have to worry about batteries.

The usual backyard suspects.....

Last edited by wildman; 06-11-2015 at 08:55 PM.
05-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #4583
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,100
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
Yesterday was cold, wet and windy.
So I made a pot of coffee, set up my gear next to the kitchen table and just let the gear do the walking for me.
You can do that when you have 560mm of glass with a Q sensor mounted on the back end of it.

BTW I got a cheapo AC power adapter for the Q and it's really nice to be able to leave the Q running all day with the LCD on full bright and not have to worry about batteries.

The usual backyard suspects.....
So, these are through a glass window?
If so, I'm more impressed than usual by the detail!

05-30-2015, 12:40 PM - 4 Likes   #4584
Forum Member
drei3's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 80



Pentax Q10 with 02 Lens
05-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #4585
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Flyover America
Posts: 4,475
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So, these are through a glass window?
No extra window glass in the way. Just shot through an open door.
05-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #4586
Veteran Member
raider's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,971
QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
Yesterday was cold, wet and windy.
So I made a pot of coffee, set up my gear next to the kitchen table and just let the gear do the walking for me.
You can do that when you have 560mm of glass with a Q sensor mounted on the back end of it.

BTW I got a cheapo AC power adapter for the Q and it's really nice to be able to leave the Q running all day with the LCD on full bright and not have to worry about batteries.

The usual backyard suspects.....
Nice shots Wildman.

I am curious....if u setup the Q to run from the AC power adapter the whole day with the LCD on...would the LCD not overheat or something? What u are doing with the AC adapter inspire me to do something similar but I wonder if the Q will overheat.
05-31-2015, 12:35 AM   #4587
Veteran Member
MD Optofonik's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 961
QuoteOriginally posted by drei3 Quote


Pentax Q10 with 02 Lens
Nice. Moody. Is the b&w conversion in camera?
05-31-2015, 04:30 AM   #4588
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Flyover America
Posts: 4,475
QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Nice shots Wildman.

I am curious....if u setup the Q to run from the AC power adapter the whole day with the LCD on...would the LCD not overheat or something? What u are doing with the AC adapter inspire me to do something similar but I wonder if the Q will overheat.
I think your concern could be justified.
My "all day" statement was a bit of hyperbole.I doubt if it was ever on continuously for more than 30-40 minutes at one time and then not often. But not because I was concerned about the battery or over heating but I just had to take a break from shooting for one reason or the other from time to time. On the other hand how long would the battery last that way maybe an hour and a half? I did pay attention to body temperature just by touch and it did remain cool to the touch so far as I could tell.

Is there a screen blanking mode where the LCD shuts down after a specified time but springs back to life instantly with a tap of the shutter button? - Not so far as I know. Anyone?
05-31-2015, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #4589
Veteran Member




Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hamilton, Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 692
A couple of days ago I received my Q7 Premium Kit. I've been looking at the Q system for a long time, but the guys on DPR kept saying it couldn't produce any decent images with its teeny-tiny point-and-shoot sensor, and it's a toy camera for Japanese school girls who only care about fashion, not image quality. And so forth. So here are some of my first few test shots around home, nothing fancy. . .







Hmm. I think it blew out the highlights on the trunk lid of that car. Not that anyone but a photo-nerd would notice. (And that was shot as JPEG anyhow.)

I'm still learning my way around it, but I think I can work with this camera.
06-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #4590
Forum Member
paulcote's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 96
QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
A couple of days ago I received my Q7 Premium Kit. I've been looking at the Q system for a long time, but the guys on DPR kept saying it couldn't produce any decent images with its teeny-tiny point-and-shoot sensor, and it's a toy camera for Japanese school girls who only care about fashion, not image quality. And so forth. So here are some of my first few test shots around home, nothing fancy. . .







Hmm. I think it blew out the highlights on the trunk lid of that car. Not that anyone but a photo-nerd would notice. (And that was shot as JPEG anyhow.)

I'm still learning my way around it, but I think I can work with this camera.
That premium kit comes with an 08 lens I think so I think its a good deal as that lens alone is 400 bucks.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:34 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top