Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2015, 11:56 AM - 2 Likes   #4636

Finally got my hands on a 01 prime lens and had a wonder, here's a few jpegs straight out the camera on auto setting. Chuffed with the lens

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
06-21-2015, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #4637
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SNJ N66WP

q7+08
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
06-21-2015, 02:03 PM   #4638
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
SNJ N66WP

q7+08
I always liked the sound of the radials. One of my fondest experiences in life was getting to fly a Korean War Vintage T-6. In preflight that front cowl shook like it was going to come apart but in the air it was great. Nice shot. What was the plane?

---------- Post added 06-21-15 at 02:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Northumbrian Quote
Finally got my hands on a 01 prime lens and had a wonder, here's a few jpegs straight out the camera on auto setting. Chuffed with the lens
I like the threatening look of the sky in your second and third shots. Nice effect.
06-21-2015, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #4639
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
What was the plane?
As most are now days, bits an' pieces of AT-6's, Canadian Harvards and SNJ's - re-assembled in '76 and kept in near perfect show shape. Owner: Dr M W Ray.

Sort'a interesting -- the BT-13 was certified under civil air regs and can be used to barnstorm/give paying rides but the AT-6/SNJ wasn't, and can't.

Also interesting, I had a Beech Baron owned by Senator/astronaut John Glenn on the ramp Sat afternoon too. I'm sure he had time in both types.

Explore the Aviation Social Group https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/67-aviation/ here on PF for more pix and some JG nose art.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Last edited by pacerr; 06-21-2015 at 02:37 PM.
06-22-2015, 05:49 AM - 5 Likes   #4640
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here are some shots taken over the weekend.

06-22-2015, 09:10 AM   #4641
Site Supporter

Joseph,
Nice colorful shots. Are these originally JPG or RAW?
I see you ran them through Lightroom. What sort of corrections/enhancements did you make in Lightroom and did it recognize the camera and lens combination?
What were the camera’s saturation and contrast levels set at?
Were all of these shots with the 01 lens?
06-22-2015, 09:50 AM   #4642
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Had to take some quick shots this evening and grabbed the Q for ease of use. Upon uploading onto the computer discovered the sd card had a bunch of photos that I'd taken back in February but had forgotten about.

I really do love the monochrome setting on the original Q. So much so I am tempted to maybe just treat this as my bw body. All shots were taken either with the 01 or 02. Camera had the 02 lens stuck on, but that doesn't mean I didn't swap it around at some stage.. *shrug*

Very nice! I especially like the first shot.
06-22-2015, 04:47 PM   #4643
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CWRailman Quote
Joseph,
Nice colorful shots. Are these originally JPG or RAW?
I see you ran them through Lightroom. What sort of corrections/enhancements did you make in Lightroom and did it recognize the camera and lens combination?
What were the camera’s saturation and contrast levels set at?
Were all of these shots with the 01 lens?
Thanks CWRailman. These are all RAW although I did shoot RAW+ on the Q...but as I need to tweak a bit in lightroom, I ended up using the raw files instead and tweaking lightroom until the final image looks somewhat like the jpg output of the Q. The only image that I can't really make lightroom match the jpg is the one with the green van. I ended up using DCU to export the RAW to a TIFF and then import back into lightroom for final tweaking. In lightroom I did not mess with the curves, only things like highlights, shadows, clarity, blacks, whites. Most are shot using the 01 lens and yes lightroom recognize the camera and lens combination and apply the distortion correction.

06-26-2015, 02:42 AM - 2 Likes   #4644

Gravensteen Castle in Gent from a small boat trip round the rivers/canals
Q7, and as usual for me, 08 Lens..

06-26-2015, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #4645
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jethro10 Quote
Gravensteen Castle in Gent from a small boat trip round the rivers/canals
Q7, and as usual for me, 08 Lens..

That is a very good shot. Nice angle of view. In looking at it I keep thinking that it begs to be converted to B&W possibly using techniques similar to those demonstrated in this video.
06-27-2015, 05:14 PM   #4646
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Northumbrian Quote
Super shots. Makes one wonder if we really need a bigger camera for the majority of our needs.
06-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #4647

More fisheye fun

At the local home and garden center today
06-28-2015, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #4648
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Super shots. Makes one wonder if we really need a bigger camera for the majority of our needs.
You know. . . We've long had a faction here calling for Pentax to make a digital K1000, or a digital Spotmatic. From where I sit, the Q series is it.

When 35mm SLRs began making inroads, in the 1960s, pro photographers dismissed their tiny film frame and compromised image quality. However, they caught on with people who travelled light, from news reporters to vacationers. They were portable, versatile, not too expensive, and the image quality was good enough for many purposes. Today that describes the Q system.

Now pics. . .
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
06-28-2015, 06:02 PM   #4649

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
You know. . . We've long had a faction here calling for Pentax to make a digital K1000, or a digital Spotmatic. From where I sit, the Q series is it.

When 35mm SLRs began making inroads, in the 1960s, pro photographers dismissed their tiny film frame and compromised image quality. However, they caught on with people who travelled light, from news reporters to vacationers. They were portable, versatile, not too expensive, and the image quality was good enough for many purposes. Today that describes the Q system.

Now pics. . .
Nice Photos! I want to get both those lenses. I find photography much more fun since buying the Q. It cost me $130 with 01 lens. My previous camera (Canon 60D + 10-22mm lens) cost about $1300, was about 10 times as big, and I almost never took it with me except for big road trips. Even then, I kept it in the car most of the time.
06-29-2015, 06:09 AM - 2 Likes   #4650
Forum Member

Rib festival. Brought the 02, 06, 08. Only ended up using the 02 and 08 with Q7 for these shots because I got distracted eating ribs.

First time I brought my whole kit with me, really appreciate the light weight system as I only had a drawstring bag to carry my stuff.