Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-22-2017, 11:17 PM - 5 Likes   #5326
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two of my recent-ish shots while commuting. I was really happy that I had my Q7 kit in my work backpack.

Q7+03 before sunrise.

Purple Planet by k kwb, on Flickr

Q7+01 at night.

Snow, water vapor and moon by k kwb, on Flickr

01-23-2017, 07:35 PM - 11 Likes   #5327
Pentaxian

My gateway camera into the world of Pentax was the original Q back in 2012. It was by far my favorite camera. So many fond memories. Thought I'd share some of my favorite shots from before I got hooked on FF and portraiture.

01-23-2017, 08:29 PM - 1 Like   #5328
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

LeRolls - wow! All very nice!!
01-23-2017, 10:04 PM - 1 Like   #5329
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
My gateway camera into the world of Pentax was the original Q back in 2012. It was by far my favorite camera. So many fond memories. Thought I'd share some of my favorite shots from before I got hooked on FF and portraiture.
Very nice! I especially like #1, green reflection on the water against orange/violet/black gradation is gorgeous.

01-25-2017, 07:35 PM - 4 Likes   #5330
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Deesquared Quote
LeRolls - wow! All very nice!!
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Very nice! I especially like #1, green reflection on the water against orange/violet/black gradation is gorgeous.
Thanks guys!

Gonna try and post more in this thread going forward. Love my Q!

Last edited by LeRolls; 01-25-2017 at 09:23 PM.
01-25-2017, 11:00 PM - 1 Like   #5331
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, excellent LeRolls !
01-26-2017, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #5332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great images LeRolls.
Thanks for sharing
barondla

---------- Post added 01-26-2017 at 10:24 AM ----------

Snow, Water Vapor, and Moon is spectacular. If you didn't own a Q you might have missed this shot by not having a camera along. Excellent capture kwb.
Thanks for sharing
barondla
01-26-2017, 11:56 PM - 2 Likes   #5333
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Gonna try and post more in this thread going forward. Love my Q!
Looking forward to it. I also like your non-Q pictures BTW.
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Snow, Water Vapor, and Moon is spectacular. If you didn't own a Q you might have missed this shot by not having a camera along. Excellent capture kwb.
Thanks barondla!

Q7+03 fisheye. I was happy that I had wide enough of a lens to capture the rifle-shaped water vapor cloud, the sun and the building.

Sunrise by k kwb, on Flickr

Q7+01 prime

Freezing mist by k kwb, on Flickr

01-27-2017, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #5334
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow kwb, there is even a trigger guard on your rifle. Impressive capture.

thanks for sharing
barondla
01-28-2017, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #5335

Name:  IMGP4498_1000.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  457.8 KB

"Grosser Feldberg", highest mountain (878 metres) in the Taunus mountains in Germany
02-02-2017, 02:56 PM - 3 Likes   #5336
Pentaxian

The Q-S1 has finally fallen to a price I was willing to pay for it. While others consider jumping out, I'm jumping in. But then, I tend to buy things for what they are, not for what they might become in the future. After all 12 MP is 4000x3000. Still not obsolete by 4k monitor standards.

First day out with the Q-S1. We have a longer lens coming, this is the 02. You really can't crop much with a 12 MP sensor. But still, really nice to carry. I worked out for an hour today, 8 km and 700 calories and 80000 paces on the elliptical trainerl in an hour. Some days you just don't feel like carrying a DSLR. The Q will do.

Uncropped, the IQ is just fine.
scoh.jpg[/IMG]

I have the K-to Q adapter on order at Henry's. I can hardly wait to get the 50 macro or Tammy 300 on it. Both those lenses are pretty much 10s , it should do well.

Last edited by normhead; 02-04-2017 at 06:18 AM.
02-04-2017, 03:14 AM   #5337
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The Q-S1 has finally fallen to a price I was willing to pay for it. While others consider jumping out, I'm jumping in...

Uncropped, the IQ is just fine...

I have the K-to Q adapter on order at Henry's. I can hardly wait to get the 50 macro or Tammy 300 on it. Both those lenses are pretty much 10s , it should do well.
Congratulations, Norm. I don't think you'll regret getting the Q-S1 even one little bit. Yes, the sensor is tiny and it's only 12MP, but full manual control and RAW shooting gives a huge amount of flexibility, and it's small enough to take anywhere.

The K-to-Q adapter is excellent, too. About the only thing I don't like is trying to focus manually with the relatively-low-resolution LCD. With bigger lenses, it's really tripod or monopod job (for me, at least). Even so, it's great fun.

Enjoy
02-04-2017, 11:13 PM - 2 Likes   #5338

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Congratulations, Norm. I don't think you'll regret getting the Q-S1 even one little bit. Yes, the sensor is tiny and it's only 12MP, but full manual control and RAW shooting gives a huge amount of flexibility, and it's small enough to take anywhere.

The K-to-Q adapter is excellent, too. About the only thing I don't like is trying to focus manually with the relatively-low-resolution LCD. With bigger lenses, it's really tripod or monopod job (for me, at least). Even so, it's great fun.

Enjoy
This thread is re-inspiring me again and making me remember why I jumped into the Q system in the first place 2.5 years ago. When it first came out, I thought it was a bit overpriced for what it was, cuteness notwithstanding, but I picked one up when it finally dropped in price. By the end of 2016, I had already bought 3 of them (okay, I gave one away as a present, so I'm not that obsessed!), with 2 Q lenses, and adapters for K, C and 110 mounts and was starting to fret over the fact that there aren't any new Q systems on the horizon. I found the original Q to be a bit too slow when I was traveling recently, and I really want to try the Q-S1 to see if it was better - all accounts I've read so far seem to suggest it is. The price in Canada is still quite high relatively speaking, so I broke down and bought the Q-S1 body from the US (shipping it through one of the cross-border services). Amazon is still taking its time to process the order, but I hope to get my new present in the next two weeks!
02-05-2017, 05:05 PM - 1 Like   #5339
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The Q-S1 has finally fallen to a price I was willing to pay for it. While others consider jumping out, I'm jumping in. But then, I tend to buy things for what they are, not for what they might become in the future.
(snip)
Some days you just don't feel like carrying a DSLR. The Q will do.
Congratulations, and thanks for posting your pictures! I like your "The Q will do" philosophy.

Here are a couple of pictures I took with 02 lens. I like 02, probably I use 02 more often than 01.

Memory of picnic by k kwb, on Flickr

Somebody walked here before me by k kwb, on Flickr
02-06-2017, 09:03 PM   #5340
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My Q-S1 arrived today along with a 02 and 06 zoom. Got a few shots in tonight. This looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Even ISO1600 looks pretty good.