Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2019, 05:28 PM - 4 Likes   #6166
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 990
An awesome western Pennsylvania September sky with the 5-15mm and Q.

Attached Images
     
10-03-2019, 11:31 AM - 6 Likes   #6167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Merano (BZ)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 62
Some photo take today in Rende (CS) Italy with Q-S1 and Kern Paillard Yvar 36mm F2.8, the frst three at F4 and the other three at F2.8.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
10-03-2019, 11:23 PM - 5 Likes   #6168
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pacific North West
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 620
QuoteOriginally posted by Piotrek K Quote
Tamron CCTV 16/1.4 on the genuine Q
Great light!
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I'm a bit late to the Q party but for reasons I won't bore you with have recently ended-up with a Q, a Q-S1, and 01, 2 x 02, 03 and 07 lenses. My usual camera/lens/film testing subject is the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Tavistock Square, London. I shot a few images yesterday using the Q-S1 and some of the lenses. Here are the results.
Welcome to the Q party, Kris! Nice images, I like the picture of the base of the statue.

As for the shield lens, I don't own one but some are using it to great effect. If you don't like that the fixed focus is too close, forum member 2old4toys has a thread for modification so you can achieve infinity focus!

Focus adjust on the Pentax 07 shield lens - PentaxForums.com

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
An awesome western Pennsylvania September sky with the 5-15mm and Q.
Awesome sky (and cows)!
QuoteOriginally posted by S.M. Quote
Some photo take today in Rende (CS) Italy with Q-S1 and Kern Paillard Yvar 36mm F2.8, the frst three at F4 and the other three at F2.8.
Hmm nice, would you consider cross-posting to the adapted lens reference thread? There are two posts about the same lens (?) but your pictures are a great demonstration of close-up ability of this lens.
Adapted lenses tested on the Q : the reference thread - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 10-03-19 at 11:46 PM ----------


Moon, Sept. 04 2019, 21:26 Pacific Time on Flickr
This was taken with Q7 and Borg 55FL. Clarity of the air was OK but the turbulence or something was bad, I took a bunch of shots on a tripod only to find that I didn't have any that was good across the frame. Each has sharp area and blurred area but fortunately these were different from picture to picture. I let photoshop "focus stack" 7 shots so it picks the sharpest parts and stitch them together, and I'm kind of satisfied with the result.


Purple evening on Flickr
Q7, 08 wide zoom at 3.8mm, f/8, ISO 100, 1/3 seconds handheld.
10-04-2019, 02:54 AM - 2 Likes   #6169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 990
Q with telephoto zoom.
Fall colors, back roads and western Pennsylvania.

Attached Images
 
10-04-2019, 05:09 AM   #6170
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6,451
Did you use the 06 for this?
10-04-2019, 05:51 AM   #6171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 990
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Did you use the 06 for this?
Yes 06 at the 15mm setting.
10-04-2019, 06:09 AM - 2 Likes   #6172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Snapppy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 403
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote

[/COLOR]
Moon, Sept. 04 2019, 21:26 Pacific Time on Flickr
This was taken with Q7 and Borg 55FL. Clarity of the air was OK but the turbulence or something was bad, I took a bunch of shots on a tripod only to find that I didn't have any that was good across the frame. Each has sharp area and blurred area but fortunately these were different from picture to picture. I let photoshop "focus stack" 7 shots so it picks the sharpest parts and stitch them together, and I'm kind of satisfied with the result.
I love this, what a great idea. I think it turned out really well.

I am new to the Q party too with a Q10 and 02 and 06. Unfortunately, my Q10 has the problem many other Q's have had where it will refuse to turn on after a while until you do some rituals to get it back going again (in my case, let it sit for a day, take the battery out and fully charge it, then try again.) I'm learning to get around it but still not a lot of fun.

Anyway, the plan is for it just to be for fun anyway, so I 3D printed a k-mount adapter and did some macro. I want to do some of the vintage lenses a lot of the users here have done, just keeping my eye out on local deals to see when I can snag some cinema lenses for cheap.

Fun stuff.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
10-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #6173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: midwest, United States
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,588
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
I love this, what a great idea. I think it turned out really well.

I am new to the Q party too with a Q10 and 02 and 06. Unfortunately, my Q10 has the problem many other Q's have had where it will refuse to turn on after a while until you do some rituals to get it back going again (in my case, let it sit for a day, take the battery out and fully charge it, then try again.) I'm learning to get around it but still not a lot of fun.

Anyway, the plan is for it just to be for fun anyway, so I 3D printed a k-mount adapter and did some macro. I want to do some of the vintage lenses a lot of the users here have done, just keeping my eye out on local deals to see when I can snag some cinema lenses for cheap.

Fun stuff.
Great start with the Q. It's a fun system to use. Printing a Q-PK adapter is impressive. Do you have any other gizmos in mind to print?
Thanks,
barondla

10-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #6174
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pacific North West
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 620
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote
I love this, what a great idea. I think it turned out really well.

I am new to the Q party too with a Q10 and 02 and 06. Unfortunately, my Q10 has the problem many other Q's have had where it will refuse to turn on after a while until you do some rituals to get it back going again (in my case, let it sit for a day, take the battery out and fully charge it, then try again.) I'm learning to get around it but still not a lot of fun.

Anyway, the plan is for it just to be for fun anyway, so I 3D printed a k-mount adapter and did some macro. I want to do some of the vintage lenses a lot of the users here have done, just keeping my eye out on local deals to see when I can snag some cinema lenses for cheap.

Fun stuff.
Thanks Snapppy. You have some interesting stuff on that bench!
10-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #6175
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,178
Baling.

We were digging archaeological test pits as a training exercise for Young Archaeologist's Club members. Unfortunately, we had heavy rain overnight! Q-S1 with the 01 prime.


Baling par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
10-07-2019, 05:13 AM - 2 Likes   #6176
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Snapppy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 403
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Great start with the Q. It's a fun system to use. Printing a Q-PK adapter is impressive. Do you have any other gizmos in mind to print?
Thanks,
barondla
More adapters as I get a hold of some vintage lenses that are famous to adapt to this camera. I don't think they take the place of a string metal adapters you can buy (and inexpensively, I might add) but it's just a fun hobby, and I guess it does save me a little money. Haven't thought of anything else to print for it.

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Thanks Snapppy. You have some interesting stuff on that bench!
Haha, yes, although my wife uses a different term than "interesting" to describe my mess and it seems to stay messy no matter how many times I clean it...

To be honest, she is very supportive of my little camera adventures, just encourages me to keep my "creativity" tidy. Which, helps me in the end, because I can find things.
10-07-2019, 06:19 AM - 2 Likes   #6177
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,108
QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote


Haha, yes, although my wife uses a different term than "interesting" to describe my mess and it seems to stay messy no matter how many times I clean it...

.
The big drawer is my answer. Or two. Or three. In fact 4 works to some extent (until now).
10-07-2019, 08:37 AM   #6178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
luftfluss's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,385
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Moon, Sept. 04 2019, 21:26 Pacific Time on Flickr
This was taken with Q7 and Borg 55FL. Clarity of the air was OK but the turbulence or something was bad, I took a bunch of shots on a tripod only to find that I didn't have any that was good across the frame. Each has sharp area and blurred area but fortunately these were different from picture to picture. I let photoshop "focus stack" 7 shots so it picks the sharpest parts and stitch them together, and I'm kind of satisfied with the result.
Wow, that moonshot is tremendous.
10-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #6179
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pacific North West
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 620
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Wow, that moonshot is tremendous.
Thank you luftfluss!
10-08-2019, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #6180
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 990
Just picked up a used Q7 off fleeceBay. Dew covered dogwood berries and a roadside money pig.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top