Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2020, 07:12 PM - 3 Likes   #6391
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Yep, people out in the country sometimes do weird (or at least different) stuff with no zoning boards, Home Owner's Association, or other regulators around to try to standardize them, regulate them, and homogenize them.
I like to think of it as folk art. Some guy was thinking about the fence he had to build and he may have seen a notice in our local paper that the PD was selling bikes they had picked up over the years. Or whatever. Who knows? But here it is, out here in the countryside, just a fun construction by a fellow who maybe had too much time on his hands one winter.

I love it

06-21-2020, 01:38 AM - 1 Like   #6392
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Most evenings I walk down this bohereen to the sea, I was about to photo this pink wildflower so I could look it up when I got back home, just as I pressed the shutter release this little fella nosedived into it. q10 01 prime, 1/200sec @ F5.6 ISO 200
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 

Last edited by PenPusher; 06-21-2020 at 02:16 AM. Reason: added details+exposure
06-22-2020, 01:43 AM   #6393
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boojum Quote
I like to think of it as folk art. Some guy was thinking about the fence he had to build and he may have seen a notice in our local paper that the PD was selling bikes they had picked up over the years. Or whatever. Who knows? But here it is, out here in the countryside, just a fun construction by a fellow who maybe had too much time on his hands one winter.

I love it
I love it too. I love individualism because it yields interesting results.
06-22-2020, 01:36 PM   #6394
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Piotrek K Quote
Genuine Q on Celestron Astromaster - 70 (900 mm) - stacked from 3 images, cropped. I'm sure much better results are possible with this setup.
Great details!

I see that it's an achromat telescope, was chromatic aberration a problem at all?

06-22-2020, 02:11 PM   #6395
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Q-S1, 06 zoom.

Codicote poppies par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
06-22-2020, 09:44 PM   #6396
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
Pentax Q-S1, 06 zoom.

Codicote poppies par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
That's a pretty field of flowers. Old building, in the background, adds to the picture. Nice image.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
06-23-2020, 02:44 AM   #6397
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Great details!

I see that it's an achromat telescope, was chromatic aberration a problem at all?
Thank you! No, chromatism is almost not visible. I wanted this one (70 mm model) instead of 90 mm one, hoping that even if it will resolve less it will have no abberation at all. It seems to be the case. Celestron Astromaster 70 has f 12.9 but Q seems to doesn't know that it is so far in diffraction zone - photos seems quite OK.
06-23-2020, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #6398
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are a coastal city. Here is a retired pilot boat, the Peacock, replaced by the Astoria and helicopters in accommodating weather. Note the wavy stern metal. This old boat was at the end of its useful life. It is parked in the parking lot of the Columbia Maritime Museum which is a big deal here in town. Columbia River Maritime Museum | Astoria, Oregon The second is Pier 39, now home to a saloon and a coffee shop along with a few nautical shops was once home to Bumble Bee Tuna. It is safe to say that Astoria has its finest days behind it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
06-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #6399
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Piotrek K Quote
Thank you! No, chromatism is almost not visible. I wanted this one (70 mm model) instead of 90 mm one, hoping that even if it will resolve less it will have no abberation at all. It seems to be the case. Celestron Astromaster 70 has f 12.9 but Q seems to doesn't know that it is so far in diffraction zone - photos seems quite OK.
That's nice, and the telescope is pretty inexpensive, congrats and thanks for sharing!

(About f/12.9, it just means that your picture's resolution is limited by the telescope not the sensor which is a good thing as far as photographs of astronomical objects are concerned. Nothing more, nothing less. Other sensors may or may not be able to claim that in this case, but that's kind of pointless unless you have access to different sensors. Enjoy capturing all details the telescope can deliver! )
06-25-2020, 09:58 PM   #6400
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Caught the photography bug after selling my K10D a while back (regret...). I bought some Auto 110s with all of the normal prime lenses and the Q10 seemed like a great, (relatively) cheap way to use them digitally. I'd like to get something nicer again eventually, but I think being able to get such a telephoto FOV in such a small package has a ton of value. I love the 110 70mm in particular with this camera. Some purple fringing, but that can be worked around. I'd like a non-fiddly way to control the aperture on the 110 lenses, but they still seem pretty sharp for being stuck open at f/2.8. I've had the camera for about a week now and it's been a blast. Rando bokeh / DOF shots and some night-time long exposures, which I had never tried before.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
06-25-2020, 11:41 PM   #6401
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A trip to Oysterville, WA. (Oysterville, Washington - Wikipedia) Yes, if you guessed they are famous for oysters you guessed right. This pic is of a very small oyster midden in the parking lot of an oyster farm. The oysters themselves are named after the bay, Willapa Bay oysters, and they are a good eating oyster, especially good pan friend.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
06-26-2020, 04:21 PM   #6402
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cross posted to Point and Shoot Competition #147 - Not Exactly a Tree - PentaxForums.com.

(We still have some days before this contest closes, Q series cameras with native Q lenses qualify, you can enter too!)
06-28-2020, 11:58 PM   #6403
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rainy day walk in Sheffield. Q10 with 03 fisheye

06-29-2020, 02:45 AM   #6404

QuoteOriginally posted by Minimonster Quote
Rainy day walk in Sheffield. Q10 with 03 fisheye

So deserted or just out early?
06-29-2020, 03:24 PM   #6405
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 2old4toys Quote
So deserted or just out early?
A bit of both. The city centre is still very quiet after lockdown but I was out early on a wet Sunday morning.