Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2021, 08:33 PM   #6511
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Pacific North West
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 720
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
I was playing with the QS1 and a corded off camera flash AF540FTZ. The cord comes out almost over the on/off button, however the shutter release button is still easy to reach. I tried double stacking the adapters to use 2 flashes, however both flashes were ignored in that configuration. It was fun zooming the 02 lens and looking at the flash zoom to the 5mm setting

That's a pleasant effect, Gary. Highlights and shadows in rusty, dusty surface are all enhanced by the lighting, making it rather dramatic! Is it just AF540FTZ, and is the built-in flash disabled in that configuration?

I initially didn't understand your on/off button comment, but now I might have figured out. Is it because you're using amazon.com : Pentax Hotshoe adapter F?tag=pentaxforums-20& and the cable stick out to the right of the adapter?

01-17-2021, 08:58 PM   #6512
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 301
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
amazon.com : Pentax Hotshoe adapter F?tag=pentaxforums-20& and the cable stick out to the right of the adapter?
Does that connected off the side support PTTL?
01-18-2021, 04:12 AM - 1 Like   #6513
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 793
QuoteOriginally posted by 2old4toys Quote
Does that connected off the side support PTTL?
Yes the PTTL is supported and the internal camera flash does not fire

---------- Post added 01-18-21 at 10:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
That's a pleasant effect, Gary. Highlights and shadows in rusty, dusty surface are all enhanced by the lighting, making it rather dramatic! Is it just AF540FTZ, and is the built-in flash disabled in that configuration?

I initially didn't understand your on/off button comment, but now I might have figured out. Is it because you're using amazon.com : Pentax Hotshoe adapter F?tag=pentaxforums-20& and the cable stick out to the right of the adapter?
Yes that is correct, it connects on the right hand side of the adapter F and the cable connector is about 2cm long out to the right hand side, still usable just a little tricky to get to the on off button
01-26-2021, 02:34 PM - 2 Likes   #6514
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
steamloco76's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,434
Fotodiox Auto110 to Q adapter with Lensbaby "f11" disc (actually f5.6) on Q7
First and third photos with the 24mm f2.8 and Pentax close-up lens
Middle photo with 20-40mm zoom at 40mm, cropped 100% -pronounced fringing is always present with the 20-40 on the Q, thought is much better with the Lensbaby disc in the adapter.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
01-27-2021, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #6515
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 793
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Fotodiox Auto110 to Q adapter with Lensbaby "f11" disc (actually f5.6) on Q7
First and third photos with the 24mm f2.8 and Pentax close-up lens
Middle photo with 20-40mm zoom at 40mm, cropped 100% -pronounced fringing is always present with the 20-40 on the Q, thought is much better with the Lensbaby disc in the adapter.
How do you hold the lens baby disc in place please? I would like to experiment too as I have all of the "bits" you mentioned too
01-27-2021, 04:38 PM - 1 Like   #6516
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
steamloco76's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,434
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
How do you hold the lens baby disc in place please? I would like to experiment too as I have all of the "bits" you mentioned too
The disc is a tight, press fit in the Fotodiox adapter. I bought the Lensbabay “magnetic” set. The fit is so good, you would swear it was made just for the Fotodiox adapter.
01-28-2021, 03:36 AM - 1 Like   #6517
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 793
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
The disc is a tight, press fit in the Fotodiox adapter. I bought the Lensbabay “magnetic” set. The fit is so good, you would swear it was made just for the Fotodiox adapter.
Thanks, I now have a project for the weekend
01-28-2021, 11:11 AM - 2 Likes   #6518
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: midwest, United States
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,989
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Fotodiox Auto110 to Q adapter with Lensbaby "f11" disc (actually f5.6) on Q7
First and third photos with the 24mm f2.8 and Pentax close-up lens
Middle photo with 20-40mm zoom at 40mm, cropped 100% -pronounced fringing is always present with the 20-40 on the Q, thought is much better with the Lensbaby disc in the adapter.
Excellent images. The 20-40 does look good with the aperture disc installed. I never picked up the zoom due to reports it wasn't worthwhile on a Q. I may have to reconsider.

---------- Post added 01-28-21 at 12:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Thanks, I now have a project for the weekend
The F8 ap disc may also be useful. Less lens correction but less diffraction. Don't even remember which I left in the adapter. It's been there since 2012. Here's the original thread: Stumbled on easy way to add apertures to 110 lenses! - PentaxForums.com. Cool how the tweek is still bumping around the net.

Thanks,
barondla

01-29-2021, 03:45 AM - 7 Likes   #6519
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 793
A four shot stitch in lightroom QS1 with 02 lens, the ability to resolve fine details from this little camera is amazing

01-30-2021, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #6520
Pentaxian
womble's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hertfordshire
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,552
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Excellent images. The 20-40 does look good with the aperture disc installed. I never picked up the zoom due to reports it wasn't worthwhile on a Q. I may have to reconsider.

---------- Post added 01-28-21 at 12:16 PM ----------



The F8 ap disc may also be useful. Less lens correction but less diffraction. Don't even remember which I left in the adapter. It's been there since 2012. Here's the original thread: Stumbled on easy way to add apertures to 110 lenses! - PentaxForums.com. Cool how the tweek is still bumping around the net.

Thanks,
barondla
I picked-up a set of aperture disks on for my adapter on the basis of that post.
02-06-2021, 06:48 PM   #6521
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 6
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
A four shot stitch in lightroom QS1 with 02 lens, the ability to resolve fine details from this little camera is amazing

This is great, it makes me being out west in Montana and Wyoming fly fishing. I’d hang that in the living room of my place if I were you.
02-06-2021, 07:02 PM - 4 Likes   #6522
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 6
MSP airport break of dawn with the 01 prime and a cold chilly day in Minneopa State Park MN with 02 zoom.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
02-11-2021, 07:55 PM - 4 Likes   #6523
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 724
On my neighborhood walk I felt in the mood for some bold monochrome square action
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
3 Days Ago - 2 Likes   #6524
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2012
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,116
Tiny Q on 1 meter long tube (telescope) looking on the moon



This was made with Bresser-Messier Ar 102 telescope - 102/1000 refractor (1000 mm FL, f 9.8, ISO 400, 1/200 s, 6 frames, only, stacked in Sequator).


The moon detail with Gassendi, Copernicus and Erastothenes craters (most impressive craters - left to right), Montes Riphaeus, Montes Carpatus and Montes Apeninus.


It seems this is very good match as these are baby steps with much room for improvement. Moreover both telescope and my Q are white
4 Hours Ago - 1 Like   #6525
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentville, NS
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 202


IMGP1177 | Steven Wymer | Flickr
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top