Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2021, 02:00 AM   #6646
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by flixter416 Quote
Just curious 2old4toys, what setup did you have on your telescope?
I have a ropey old Celestron Galaxsee 1000mm thing. No equatorial motor but the night sky was clear and Mars was bright so just pointed in the right direction. The image was what I got with no cropping, 1/100s and ISO 1250. My Q used has the IR blocking filter removed which probably helped with the shutter speed.

Will hope to try again with slower shutter with equatorial motor added.
Now I understand the relative size of the moon vs Jupiter and Saturn, vs The massive Andromeda, will try to shoot those too. This small sensor Q has opened my eyes to backyard Astro

09-13-2021, 11:30 PM - 2 Likes   #6647
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Death before Decaf" - and mini-Einstein

A few recent shots with my Q7 and the 01 prime lens - taken in a combination bookstore/coffee shop in Ashland, Oregon.

In one section, next to the books, there are puppets of famous writers, thinkers and scientists -- including one of my heroes, Albert Einstein---

In another section, one can sit down at a table and leaf through one's new book while sucking down a double espresso or cappuccino. But the individual sitting atop this table seems to have taken the phrase 'Death before Decaf!' a little too seriously---

Or perhaps he is just praying for a double-shot from beyond the grave
09-15-2021, 09:36 PM - 2 Likes   #6648

QuoteOriginally posted by MiguelATF Quote
In another section, one can sit down at a table and leaf through one's new book while sucking down a double espresso or cappuccino. But the individual sitting atop this table seems to have taken the phrase 'Death before Decaf!' a little too seriously---

I love this!! We put a skeleton in a dining room chair for halloween 2019 and he’s been there ever since. For a long long time he was our only house guest 😂 Nice to know we’re not the only weirdos.

Just got my first Q (mark i). The only thing soothing the bitterness of knowing I could’ve gotten one A DECADE AGO is how ev+1 looks EXACTLY like overexposed Kodak Gold and I am SO pleased.

How, how is this tiny thing the most “filmic” of any camera I’ve tried?!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
09-16-2021, 10:56 PM - 1 Like   #6649
Pentaxian

Pentax Q 07 shield lens with infinity focus mod.

6 Days Ago - 1 Like   #6650
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by spiffariffic Quote
I love this!! We put a skeleton in a dining room chair for halloween 2019 and he’s been there ever since. For a long long time he was our only house guest �� Nice to know we’re not the only weirdos.

Just got my first Q (mark i). The only thing soothing the bitterness of knowing I could’ve gotten one A DECADE AGO is how ev+1 looks EXACTLY like overexposed Kodak Gold and I am SO pleased.

How, how is this tiny thing the most “filmic” of any camera I’ve tried?!
He true! limited resolution, some quick colour math = fun times to be had!

I was reading on another forum where a chap is using old C mount lens, and making short videos at 720p at around 3m in length to replicate the fun he had as a kid using Super 8mm cameras.

And why not I say! good idea!

Heck you could buy a bunch of old 256 / 512m SD cards for authentic film loading experiences

#EDIT

I couldn't help myself and did the math, 720p ~1.8m per sec, so 3mins is ~270meg. dig around for your 256m cards everyone and lets gooooo!
4 Days Ago - 3 Likes   #6651
Pentaxian

Here's one from last summer:

Pentax Q-7, Cosmicar 75mm f1.9 @f2,8, 1/125sec @ ISO 200

Last edited by Cipher; 4 Days Ago at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo
3 Days Ago   #6652

QuoteOriginally posted by MiguelATF Quote
A few recent shots with my Q7 and the 01 prime lens - taken in a combination bookstore/coffee shop in Ashland, Oregon.
Nice pics and story, thanks

---------- Post added 09-22-21 at 08:55 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by 2old4toys Quote
Pentax Q 07 shield lens with infinity focus mod.
I've shield lens some weeks now and i really like it
But this photo is better as what I've made so far with that lens....very beautiful