Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #766
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like you found the magic bullet. Have you thought about a 40 or 70 limited on an adapter for the Q?

11-14-2012, 07:33 PM - 1 Like   #767
Site Supporter

A local hero through the FE:

The train station/Place des Canadiens

A bit overexposed, but it works for me
11-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #768
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice Christmas shot mamethot. Glad the guard allowd this shot. I would not have thought of your excuse to the guard. Well done.

If you want to shoot more shots that may be censored, there is a trick you can use. Load a freshly formated card and shoot away. When the guard asks you to delete the pics do it. At home plug SD card into computer and open a program to retrieve images. Your deleted or even formated files will re-appear like magic. I use Image Rescue or PC Prospector software.
thanks
barondla
11-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #769

Street 1

After a long day stuck in a auditorium trying to figure out my dance shoots, I got a chance to walk down the street. To date, I've been a total failure at street photography. Mostly, I'm shy and my sense of personal space extends outwards a little further than most! It doesn't help that on my few previous attempts, I've been chased by a homeless guy and some mom threatened to call the police when I pulled out my camera next to a playground. That was enough to send me packing and not want to leave my house again! Just seeing a larger DSLR with a big lens on it seems to do that to people I guess.

My 77 limited is my all time "almost never take off the camera" lens when using the DSLR, and if I sort shots taken with my 50-125, I find I almost never shoot anything under 70mm with it. So, I'm mostly happy with the 01 prime for general use, but I do wish it was just a little longer. I'm going to have to give one of the zooms serious consideration unless Pentax comes out with a slightly longer prime for the Q.

Shot RAW, converted to BW in Photoshop:

Still getting used to the idiosyncrasies of the Q, but I'm liking it more and more each time I take it out.

11-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #770

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Have you thought about a 40 or 70 limited on an adapter for the Q?
I'd prefer to keep the package as small as possible, though I realize the 40 or 70 isn't THAT much larger when on the Q. I think I'm going to give the 06 zoom once I get paid for a project or two I'm working on.
11-15-2012, 07:12 AM   #771

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
More shots with my new Q. All with 01 standard prime.
Nice night shot!

Hey, I see your Q next to a ricoh auto half. I just picked up an auto half "e" with waterproof case--I'm planning to develop the shots this weekend. What can I expect?
11-15-2012, 07:15 AM - 1 Like   #772

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Nice shot Erik, rather original subject

Fabulous shots, nick.
11-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #773

QuoteOriginally posted by Shawn67 Quote
These are playing around with a 25mm F0.95 C mount lens I scored on ebay. All shot wide open as the aperture is not working on it, I will try and get it repaired.

With the exception of the portrait these are SOOC JPGs. Portrait was converted from RAW using Silver Efex Pro.

Shawn
Lovely photo of the young girl, Shawn.

11-15-2012, 07:20 AM   #774

QuoteOriginally posted by Shawn67 Quote
I was trying out the combo of "Bleach Bypass" and the "High Contrast" filter. It gives a nice tone to late afternoon light. Just an example of the tones...

This was with a Computar 25mm f1.3 lens at around f2.8. I didn't have many keepers as he was moving around so fast and the shutter lag was killing me. Turning off SR helped reduce the shutter lag.

Shawn
Sweet. One thing that's bugged me about the Q's bleach bypass is that the tones don't look like actual bleach bypass to me--which is much higher in contrast. This does intrigue.
11-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #775

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
From my recent climbing trip to the Grampians.
Nice fish photo, sandy!
11-15-2012, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #776

Some great shots lately, folks. This post reminds me a little of the ricoh gr post at rangefinderforum; the shots in that post were often far better than any Leica post

I haven't used my Q much lately. I've been shooting a lot of film and I'm on a 28mm kick again. I love 28. If the Q only had a nice wide angle prime...

In any case, when I do grab the Q, I'm always pleased with it. I particularly like how it renders the beautiful golden morning sunshine that streams into my house. Here's a quick grab of my daughter on such a morning. Q/01 prime.

11-15-2012, 08:33 AM   #777
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shot of your girl ndjedinak.
11-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #778
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Very nice shot of your girl ndjedinak.
+1 very nice exposure.
11-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #779
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ndjedinak Quote
Hey, I see your Q next to a ricoh auto half. I just picked up an auto half "e" with waterproof case--I'm planning to develop the shots this weekend. What can I expect?
It's a fix focus compact, so it needs a fair bit of light (or just the right subject distance). But given that I've been pleased with the results from mine. Exposure was better than I expected. Don't think I have anything scanned though.
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM - 3 Likes   #780
Veteran Member

Wonderful picks in a load of different styles in this thread. Some lovely street stuff and portraits.

I tried some different stuff in the forest with the Q + 8.5/1.9. Most are PP'ed in different degrees.