Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #1081
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
More shots with my glued on 4mm f/1.2 CS lens.
Nice - the lights look freaky!

12-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #1082
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MarinatedHerring Quote
Took some photos today at the pier. Used a smaller lens than last time (105mm)
Like the B/W treatment.
12-15-2012, 11:34 PM - 1 Like   #1083
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Cross post from Fisheye thread.
12-16-2012, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #1084

Here are a couple from my first night playing around with my new Q and 02 zoom. So far I'm pretty impressed with this little camera!

ISO3200, 15mm, 1/30 sec, f4.5

ISO400, 15mm, 1/4 sec, f4.5

Last edited by sgav8r; 12-16-2012 at 02:26 AM.
12-16-2012, 04:34 AM   #1085

One from my first outing with the Q and prime lens
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
12-16-2012, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #1086
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
I was just saying that I need to take some shots of classic cars and this beauty was right in the parking lot as I was leaving work. 1953 Chevy Pickup Truck lovingly restored. Owner seemed pleased that someone was taking an interest. So glad that I've started editing the RAW files. Definitely gives you a little more leeway for the PP.
LeRolls love the selective color. Great job.
12-16-2012, 05:44 AM - 1 Like   #1087

I was just saying that I need to take some shots of classic cars and this beauty was right in the parking lot as I was leaving work. 1953 Chevy Pickup Truck lovingly restored. Owner seemed pleased that someone was taking an interest. So glad that I've started editing the RAW files. Definitely gives you a little more leeway for the PP.
Excellent shot of this beautiful truck. Great use of PP.

12-16-2012, 05:51 AM - 2 Likes   #1088

Photos: Albums
More fisheye shots. I didn't think I would like the lens this much -- maybe I'll be all fishedeyed out in a little while. Anyhow, here's some shots of some local street art in the south west of Toronto. Don't want to overwhelm with too many; there's more in my flickr stream if you're interested. Credit of course goes to the graffiti artists themselves:

12-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #1089
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NotSteve Quote
More fisheye shots. I didn't think I would like the lens this much -- maybe I'll be all fishedeyed out in a little while. Anyhow, here's some shots of some local street art in the south west of Toronto. Don't want to overwhelm with too many; there's more in my flickr stream if you're interested. Credit of course goes to the graffiti artists themselves:

Graffiti like this is really street art and much of is quite good as opposed to tagging which is done to deface and is usually associated with gangs to send a message or mark a territory much like what is done in the animal world. Great catch and TFS , Nick....Cliff
12-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #1090
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
More shots with my glued on 4mm f/1.2 CS lens.
I like the look of your images kind of a neat perspective. That's also something I have been looking for a 4mm to 2.5mm range lens I could adapt to the Q. I haven't found a 2.5 yet but ordered a 4mm Hope it's C mount not CS the site was not specific but stated c mount. I also used glue to make an adapter for my Argus C3 lenses 50 & 100mm I have had in a display case of old cameras. The lenses turned out to be fairly good but not as good as my K mount lenses of the same focal length. This Q stuff is fun.

Hans
12-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #1091
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
I like the look of your images kind of a neat perspective. That's also something I have been looking for a 4mm to 2.5mm range lens I could adapt to the Q. I haven't found a 2.5 yet but ordered a 4mm Hope it's C mount not CS the site was not specific but stated c mount. I also used glue to make an adapter for my Argus C3 lenses 50 & 100mm I have had in a display case of old cameras. The lenses turned out to be fairly good but not as good as my K mount lenses of the same focal length. This Q stuff is fun.
Most 4mm "C mount" lenses seem to be CS, but not all. I've considered getting one that will mount properly, but I also like the idea of using the cheapest lens possible. Time to try my 6mm CS lens maybe, it was even cheaper than the 4mm.

There are "board mount" lenses of very short focal lengths. I've ordered (not received yet) a 2.1mm and a 3.6mm. It should be possible to mount them in the same way I mounted my CS lens I think. Possibly the hot mirror of the Q is too far from the sensor and gets in the way. And coverage will likely be much worse. But I figured it's worth trying.
12-16-2012, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #1092
Veteran Member

If cars still looked like this I might like them better.

A neat thing with picking a single color and making the rest of the image b/w is you can then drag around the hue slider however you like without making the rest of the image look strange, and see for example how the car might look in red. (Works fine with jpegs too, but I love my raws.)
12-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #1093

I posted a few examples of a 2.5mm c mount in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/200668-wide-angle-c-mount-lenses.html

I haven't used that lens much as it is best up close.

As far as other wide angle lens... Computar made a 3.6mm f1.2 C mount lens. The little I have used that looks good so far. Pentax makes a 4.8mm lens that is nice once it is dialed in.

Shawn
12-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #1094
Veteran Member

12-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #1095
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Big Bob Quote
LeRolls love the selective color. Great job.
Thanks! Gotta love the PP options LR4 provides as well as the surprising amount of low light performance you can get out of the 01 Prime and that tiny sensor. Some of my friends thought I actually took that shot with the K-01.

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemock:
Excellent shot of this beautiful truck. Great use of PP.
Appreciate it! It really was a great looking truck and the owner was actually pretty young which kind of surprised me. I don't know too many guys in my age group who actually have good taste.

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge:
If cars still looked like this I might like them better.

A neat thing with picking a single color and making the rest of the image b/w is you can then drag around the hue slider however you like without making the rest of the image look strange, and see for example how the car might look in red. (Works fine with jpegs too, but I love my raws.)
Yeah, the vintage look is definitely classy and cool at the same time. I did mess a little with the hue and even played with the idea of making the truck purple but in the end I thought the original blue was the best way to go.