Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #1366
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Here's another with the FA31 and Q. Treated carefully, this great lens pushes the little sensor pretty hard. Full resolution pixel-peeping welcome.
The FA31 looks like it carries it's reputation to the Q very well.

01-21-2013, 04:59 AM   #1367
Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,245
FA31 again.


01-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #1368
Inactive Account




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 9
First post here! I do not have my Q yet, but it is en route for delivery this week. This thread pretty much sealed the deal when contemplating the purchase of this camera. I'm excited to share some of my shots here. For now, I'll keep enjoying those posted by everyone else, as they only make my excitement grow.
01-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #1369
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by Okra Quote
First post here! I do not have my Q yet, but it is en route for delivery this week. This thread pretty much sealed the deal when contemplating the purchase of this camera. I'm excited to share some of my shots here. For now, I'll keep enjoying those posted by everyone else, as they only make my excitement grow.
Welcome Okra - look forward to your shots

01-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #1370
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
QuoteOriginally posted by Okra Quote
First post here! I do not have my Q yet, but it is en route for delivery this week. This thread pretty much sealed the deal when contemplating the purchase of this camera. I'm excited to share some of my shots here. For now, I'll keep enjoying those posted by everyone else, as they only make my excitement grow.
Welcome and join the fun.

Hans
01-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #1371
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2011
Location: Richmond, Virginia USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,625
first attempt this past weekend with pentax q, pentax adapter and da300mm...i actually used it wrong...setting 1.5 on adapter...but i put in tv mode to modify shutterspeed...must have gotten lucky because it worked but after a few pictures the camera would hose up and then i would pull the battery and start over...after discussion with larry i realize i should have been using all manual mode...the other thing i found interesting was i was able to adjust the av bias in tv mode but can't do it in manual mode...oh well here is one picture...all the pictures in this set have had no modifications, crop, color, zippo...obviously i threw out some of the really bad...i struggled with the lcd screen and the light so have ordered one of those lcd hoods...was very frustrating or i should say qustrating, i like my little viewfinder and i need some new glasses...looking forward to trying it again when i can do it right...hopefully this weekend amy
the eagle is wild but likes to periodically hang out in a tree...problemn is he isn't real exciting just hanging out




IMGP0079
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGP0079 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
01-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #1372
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,003
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
first attempt this past weekend with pentax q, pentax adapter and da300mm...i actually used it wrong...setting 1.5 on adapter...but i put in tv mode to modify shutterspeed...must have gotten lucky because it worked but after a few pictures the camera would hose up and then i would pull the battery and start over...after discussion with larry i realize i should have been using all manual mode...the other thing i found interesting was i was able to adjust the av bias in tv mode but can't do it in manual mode...oh well here is one picture...all the pictures in this set have had no modifications, crop, color, zippo...obviously i threw out some of the really bad...i struggled with the lcd screen and the light so have ordered one of those lcd hoods...was very frustrating or i should say qustrating, i like my little viewfinder and i need some new glasses...looking forward to trying it again when i can do it right...hopefully this weekend amy
the eagle is wild but likes to periodically hang out in a tree...problemn is he isn't real exciting just hanging out




IMGP0079
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGP0079 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
regardless, it's a terrific shot of that stern sentinel.
01-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #1373
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
first attempt this past weekend with pentax q, pentax adapter and da300mm...i actually used it wrong...setting 1.5 on adapter...but i put in tv mode to modify shutterspeed...must have gotten lucky because it worked but after a few pictures the camera would hose up and then i would pull the battery and start over...after discussion with larry i realize i should have been using all manual mode...the other thing i found interesting was i was able to adjust the av bias in tv mode but can't do it in manual mode...oh well here is one picture...all the pictures in this set have had no modifications, crop, color, zippo...obviously i threw out some of the really bad...i struggled with the lcd screen and the light so have ordered one of those lcd hoods...was very frustrating or i should say qustrating, i like my little viewfinder and i need some new glasses...looking forward to trying it again when i can do it right...hopefully this weekend amy
the eagle is wild but likes to periodically hang out in a tree...problemn is he isn't real exciting just hanging out




IMGP0079
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGP0079 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
There is a bit of a learning curve to using the Q with adapted lenses. It takes a little patience but is really rewarded with things start to click. Your shot here is great - you're on the right track for sure!

Me - I just leave the Q in "P" mode - with the generic adapter on it automatically puts it in Av mode - then one click stopped down on the adapter and away I go. I try to keep my ISO setting as low as possible for the correct shutter speed.

I just installed a viewfinder hood a couple days ago - a huge difference for me in seeing to focus:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/212018-carryspeed-swivi-lcd-viewfinder-q.html

01-21-2013, 09:19 PM - 1 Like   #1374
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,003
It was too cold today to do what I did, which is ride a bicycle. Still, I had my Q and was able to take a few shots before frostbite set in.
Attached Images
     
01-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #1375
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
It was too cold today to do what I did, which is ride a bicycle. Still, I had my Q and was able to take a few shots before frostbite set in.
There's that Corvair again!

Glad you had your Q with you on your ride - once again having the small camera at hand brings those nice photo opportunities.
01-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #1376
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,003
Thanks for noticing, Stormtech! I don't need much encouragement to post yet another picture of the Corvair. Why is it cars are so boring these days? When I was a kid on long drives we'd amuse ourselves for long stretches identifying different makes. Now it would hardly be worth the bother.
Attached Images
     

Last edited by jva59; 01-21-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: missing attachments
01-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #1377
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,435
Some shots from John Dickinson State Park. All using my newly acquired 06 Telephoto.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
01-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #1378
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,003
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Some shots from John Dickinson State Park. All using my newly acquired 06 Telephoto.
Nice ones, LeRolls! I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my very own 06.
01-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #1379
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,435
A mixture of the 06 and the 01 at the Animate! Anime Convention in Miami.
Attached Images
 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo       
01-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #1380
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,435
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Nice ones, LeRolls! I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my very own 06.
Thanks! Really liking mine so far.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
air force, camera, eye, flash, flickr, lens, mirrorless, palm springs, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, phil, pm, post, q-s1, q10, q7, rain, shot, studio, thanks, time, triggers
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
People I now have to share my K7 dgaies Post Your Photos! 25 01-18-2014 04:21 AM
Macro Let's share this one! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 08-20-2011 03:47 PM
Nature We Like To Share! eaglem Post Your Photos! 4 04-22-2011 07:21 PM
Something to share Mallee Boy General Talk 7 05-13-2010 03:50 PM
Tips for shooting lens comparison shots you like to share? cheekygeek Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 01-21-2010 05:55 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top