Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5700 Likes Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #1471
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah. Knew it looked familiar, and thought I had been there (way back in High School with a church group) but had forgotten where it was. The 02 doesn't get a lot of love here (except from you and me and Crewl1) but these ought to show its better capabilities quite well. #1 is postcard quality and really shows off how Pentax has improved handling of red since the K10D. #2 and #3 just take me out to the woods around here and make me feel the damp air, turning a bit chillier now, and are just so Missouri.

For those who don't know us - this is what we have within 30 minutes of really URBAN-landscape housing in St. Louis. From my suburban locale, maybe 20 minutes. The 'Old Hwy. 21" robtcorl describes directly turns into the road I am looking at out my window right now.

Very cool, personal shots for me.

01-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #1472
Pentaxian

Those squirrel pics are quite detailed.

Some quick shots from today.
Attached Images

01-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #1473
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Another Walk in the Park
Cool shot there, foamy!
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Its gray and rainy today but i thought i'd get a couple 'squirrel test shots' with the 15-45mm at longest focal length. Iso 200, f4 and a touch of sharpening in PS. So far i'd rate image quality at the long end 8.5. More photos later will give me a better idea of its capabilities.
Oh, all those squirrels, nice ones.
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Cute tree rat!

Nearly 70/F here today, went down to the local covered bridge.
First time out and about with the Q.
Used the 02 lens, Q on a monopod.

and an old fire tower.
The fire tower looks hunted
Those squirrel pics are quite detailed.

Wonderful colors! 01 Prime?
01-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #1474
Veteran Member

Very nice color in these. Which lens?

01-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #1475
Pentaxian

Thanks Visual Darkness and ivoire! Yes it was the Prime. Had to send the 06 back to B&H due to random malfunctions but it made me remember how much I love this lens.
01-29-2013, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #1476
Veteran Member

Thanks Visual Darkness and ivoire! Yes it was the Prime. Had to send the 06 back to B&H due to random malfunctions but it made me remember how much I love this lens.
How did you process the shots I can't stop thinking about how stunning they look!
01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #1477
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
How did you process the shots I can't stop thinking about how stunning they look!
Hmmm...nothing terribly fancy really. Of course I always start in Lightroom 4 (which is my overall favorite program) where I boosted the contrast a little bit, tinkered with the exposure a smidge, pumped up the saturation slightly on a couple of the colors to emphasize them over the others, added some vignette to darken the edges and bring more attention to the center, I think I also played with the sliders for the white and black levels as well, and finally I threw them into Color Efex Pro 4 for the last adjustments (detail extractor, lighten/darken center, etc).

01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #1478
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hmmm...nothing terribly fancy really. Of course I always start in Lightroom 4 (which is my overall favorite program) where I boosted the contrast a little bit, tinkered with the exposure a smidge, pumped up the saturation slightly on a couple of the colors to emphasize them over the others, added some vignette to darken the edges and bring more attention to the center, I think I also played with the sliders for the white and black levels as well, and finally I threw them into Color Efex Pro 4 for the last adjustments (detail extractor, lighten/darken center, etc).
Nice shots LeRolls! I love the first one.

But I need some clarification...is a "smidge" closer to a "bit" or a "tad"?
01-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #1479
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
Nice shots LeRolls! I love the first one.

But I need some clarification...is a "smidge" closer to a "bit" or a "tad"?
A little closer to an iota or possibly a pinch if you want to get more specific. Thanks by the way!
01-29-2013, 06:26 PM - 1 Like   #1480
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A little closer to an iota or possibly a pinch if you want to get more specific. Thanks by the way!
Iota! Of course!!!
01-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #1481
Pentaxian

A straggler shot from the day. Almost didn't develop this one. Feedback is appreciated.
Attached Images

01-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #1482
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hadn't planned to take any photos today at all, but as I had my Q with me... I realize the second is wildly out of focus, which wasn't my intention, but I like it anyway.
Attached Images

01-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #1483
Pentaxian

I kind of like the blurry shot as well. Reminds me of a 3D image without the glasses.

Construction sites are so ripe with potential shots! I wish I could find one that I could gain access to.
01-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #1484
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I kind of like the blurry shot as well. Reminds me of a 3D image without the glasses.

Construction sites are so ripe with potential shots! I wish I could find one that I could gain access to.
Thanks LeRolls. I'd like to believe this sign has been in the window since 1970...
Attached Images

01-30-2013, 05:46 AM - 1 Like   #1485
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A straggler shot from the day. Almost didn't develop this one. Feedback is appreciated.
Nice shot of a nice subject. You've placed the subject slightly off-center and it feels in-between to me -- I'd rather see this centered or in classic rule-of-thirds placement. The subject stands out naturally from the nicely uniform background and for this reason I find the vignette treatment overkill -- it draws attention to itself as a process. This could also make a really striking B&W.