Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5697 Likes Search this Thread
01-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #1231

" What were the ISO and exposure times?"

If you are using Firefox web browser go to tools-> Add Ons and install FxIF. After you do that if you right click on a picture you will see an option for FxIF data and that will read any EXIF data in the picture.

First shot is ISO 125, 15 secondsm f1.9. Second is ISO 400, 13 seconds f1.9.

Shawn

01-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #1232

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shawn67 Quote
If you are using Firefox web browser go to tools-> Add Ons and install FxIF. After you do that if you right click on a picture you will see an option for FxIF data and that will read any EXIF data in the picture.
I am and I have. Thanks for the tip.
01-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #1233

You can't beat the portability of the Q; just toss it into my jacket pocket and head to work.

I really love the grain that ISO 800 gives to B&W images. I've also fallen in love with the look of the 01 STANDARD PRIME.

Last edited by netoflex; 01-03-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: fixed image url links
01-01-2013, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #1234
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by netoflex Quote
Welcome to the forum!

Just a suggestion - it is much easier for everyone to view your photos if you embed them into the post so everyone doesn't have to click on every link to see your images.

Here is a brief instruction:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Embed an off-site image
To embed an off-site image, simply place the following code in your post, replacing the placeholder URL with the address of your actual image:
QuoteQuote:
[IMG]paste your image url here[/IMG]
You can also use the button in the visual editor and enter the URL in the prompt.

The URL must be a valid internet address. If your photo is currently on your hard drive, see method #1 instead.

NOTE: Please embed only reasonably-sized photos. No monstrous filesizes or resolutions!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a look at your images and I think they are great - like you say the grain really adds to your B&W processing.

01-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #1235
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Welcome to the forum!

Just a suggestion - it is much easier for everyone to view your photos if you embed them into the post so everyone doesn't have to click on every link to see your images.

Here is a brief instruction:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Embed an off-site image
To embed an off-site image, simply place the following code in your post, replacing the placeholder URL with the address of your actual image:

You can also use the button in the visual editor and enter the URL in the prompt.

The URL must be a valid internet address. If your photo is currently on your hard drive, see method #1 instead.

NOTE: Please embed only reasonably-sized photos. No monstrous filesizes or resolutions!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took a look at your images and I think they are great - like you say the grain really adds to your B&W processing.
He's using Flickr, which makes it even easier: Just click "Share" then "Grab the HTTP/BBC Code" and cut/paste the results listed as BBC and BAM. Easy peasy. I'm fairly certain just copying the 'farm' URL is actually against Flickr's TOS, though I've never known anyone popped for it.
01-01-2013, 10:27 PM - 1 Like   #1236
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been watching this thread with great interest and have so enjoyed all the amazing photos that everyone has taken with this camera. I finally, got my Pentax Q from Groupon the other day, and I must say, that their customer support was great. These are a few of my "tryout" shots:

#1 Are you dizzy yet? 01 prime lens, ambient light, & testing close focus.

#2 Snowscape with 01 lens with Vivitar series 1, 40.5mm CPL. Just a check to see how polarizer worked.

#3 Waterfall with Pentax 110 zoom 20-40mm f2.8. An experiment that is for sure.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo   
01-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #1237

Thanks stormtech and Sagitta for all your help! I'll make sure to fix my links as soon as allowed. In the mean time here are a few more images from the Pentax Q + 01 STANDARD PRIME + In-camera filters.

01-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #1238
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by netoflex Quote
Thanks stormtech and Sagitta for all your help! I'll make sure to fix my links as soon as allowed. In the mean time here are a few more images from the Pentax Q + 01 STANDARD PRIME + In-camera filters.

A really fine set of photos, Netoflex--especially liked 'dirty glass'!
01-03-2013, 03:39 PM   #1239

After got Q, here are some shots I made.
Attached Images

01-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #1240

All pics were taken at San Diego while I visited my family between x'mas and new year.

The Q is fun to use and play with. My complaint is just the battery consuming is faster than I expected.
Attached Images

01-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #1241

QuoteOriginally posted by zany225 Quote
Great pictures! I love the tones and look of your first set the best. The first image of the rock is my favorite. I'm also bummed about the battery life, I purchased some extra third-party batteries on Amazon.
01-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #1242
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zany225 Quote
Excellent! Extra Q batteries are a requirement, good thing they are cheap and no bigger than a matchbox so you can carry extras in your pocket
01-03-2013, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #1243

around my hometown

Islands - no pp, just the internal camera filters

What are you looking at

01-05-2013, 03:38 AM   #1244
Forum Member

Last edited by SonDa5; 01-05-2013 at 03:49 AM.
01-05-2013, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #1245
Veteran Member

I'm on vacation and wanted to try out the Q in typical tourist settings. I've really enjoyed the B&W setting a lot and found a couple of situations that just begged for B&W treatment.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo