Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #2101
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Thanks I guess! The winky-smiley is making me slightly hesitant to be fully appreciative.

I do see a progression in my shots from November of last year to now.
It was (and is) a serious compliment. IMHO, you've really improved if I go by those two shots. Very concentrated and purposeful compositions with just the right amount of post processing. The winky-smiley is just how I end sentences - no sarcasm intended.

QuoteOriginally posted by Croneberg Quote
Here are some captures from a cold but sunny day at the Danube about 3 weeks ago. I really like how you can achieve quite nice bokeh with the Q's Standard Prime lens set at f/1.9!
Love #2. That is some hard-to-find bokeh for the Q!

04-03-2013, 09:35 AM   #2102
Forum Member

So, i started my "April with Q". Not sure if my skill are worth new thread, so i start there Everything was shoot raw then converted via camera.

Last edited by iabc_lazy; 04-03-2013 at 09:42 AM.
04-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #2103

QuoteOriginally posted by iabc_lazy Quote
So, i started my "April with Q". Not sure if my skill are worth new thread, so i start there
I really like #1 and #3! I just love those lines in the picture and the third one has awesome lighting
04-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #2104
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Croneberg Quote
I really like #1 and #3! I just love those lines in the picture and the third one has awesome lighting
Thanks! Lighting was really a something.

04-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #2105
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Train (01 prime).

A little bird (Kern-Paillard Yvar 36mm f/2.8 at f/4)

Turning Torso (a building in Malmö) (Kern-Paillard Yvar 36mm f/2.8 at f/4)
04-03-2013, 03:13 PM - 2 Likes   #2106
Pentaxian

Was stuck at the local Walmart for two hours while they were changing out my tires so I wandered over to the garden center and decided to get re-acquainted with the 01 prime.
Attached Images

04-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #2107
Veteran Member

Was stuck at the local Walmart for two hours while they were changing out my tires so I wandered over to the garden center and decided to get re-acquainted with the 01 prime.
You get a 'like', not just for some amazing photos, but for venturing into a Wal-Mart. I've got to get the 01.

04-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #2108
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great looking shots from a neat location. I always carry a camera (My Q or Can** S100) but never shot shot flowers in a store. I will have to remember your post on my next trip to Lowes

Hans
04-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #2109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
here's a few from yesterday with the dfa 100mm...get's frustrating when you're trying to take pictures on a windy day

[[/URL]
You got some great shots Amy, I can't wait for spring to hit here in Michigan

Hans
04-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #2110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zero86r Quote
Visited a cathedral today, so light was low enough inside.
Love the colors and the compositions, nice job

Hans
04-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #2111
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bullitt_60 Quote
You get a 'like', not just for some amazing photos, but for venturing into a Wal-Mart. I've got to get the 01.
Thanks! Walmart is literally 3 minutes from my house so it's mostly a matter of convenience over preference and yes everyone needs the 01 in their bag IMO.

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch:
Great looking shots from a neat location. I always carry a camera (My Q or Can** S100) but never shot shot flowers in a store. I will have to remember your post on my next trip to Lowes

Hans
Appreciate the kind words! Yeah, I don't usually shoot flowers since I feel that they've been done to death but you gotta go with what you got and I was fairly happy with the results.

Here's another shot done with the 03 in the Walmart parking lot. I always have fun with the fish eye.
Attached Images

04-03-2013, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #2112
Veteran Member

Ye gads!!! I may have to get an 01.. Must... resist... urge... to... buy!!!! Awesome photos, btw!
04-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #2113

timelapse test

04-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #2114
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Ye gads!!! I may have to get an 01.. Must... resist... urge... to... buy!!!! Awesome photos, btw!
Yes, I may use the 06 a lot because of it's versatility but the 01 is still my favorite. It's too bad that Pentax makes it so difficult to obtain and don't even get me started on the tripod foot for the K to Q adapter. Thanks btw!
04-03-2013, 07:27 PM - 1 Like   #2115

Here's some shots of the artwork on the Montreal subway (or the metro as it's known). First off are a couple from a large stained class piece at Place des Arts metro station. As the name implies, it located amidst some of the major performance venues in Montreal.

This particular piece shows various Canadian and Quebecois composers. Lenses used: 02 zoom for first two, 03 fisheye for the third.

Here is another one at Berri-UQAM metro station, also stained glass. It depicts some of the people who founded Montreal.

Although I lived in Montreal for several years, I never paid much mind to the art on the subways until I moved away. C'est la vie, n'est pas? The type of artwork you see on the metro varies in style, subject matter and how it is integrated into the station. Sometimes, it is an obvious piece of art, other times, it is more subtle, like an artistic flourish. It is said to be one of the foremost subway systems with respect to the amount of art and also the quality and how well integrated the art is.

If you want to know more, here is very nicely done website:

Works of Art in the Metro