Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #2716
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Mexicantown Detroit

Great place for food, not the normal image of Detroit. Cool place to visit and "shoot", oops can't say that in Detroit or Chicago Shot with 02 lens. The big building is the abandoned train station. They keep saying someone is going to do something with it, can't happen to soon. I would love to go in and shoot the inside but it's fenced off.

Hans

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
07-01-2013, 12:05 PM   #2717
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First Independence Day show around my area this weekend.
Was able to set the Pentax Q with 03 Fisheye about 400 feet from the launch pads with interval shooting mode for unattended operation.
Each shot is result of a couple of frames stacked with Combine ZP.
2 sec (max on Q) ISO 125 (lowest on Q) f5.6 (fixed on the 03)
(cross posted)

07-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #2718
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Very Nice Larry, great for ISO 800 you did a nice job "cleaning it up"
Thanks!
07-02-2013, 10:28 AM - 5 Likes   #2719

Have been following this thread for a while and am very impressed with what folks can get out of this little camera!

Here are a couple of mine with the 01 prime.

07-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #2720
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c0rv1d Quote
Cool shots! Someone needs a hairstylist
07-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #2721
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

c0rv1d, welcome to the Q forum. The Q is a very capable camera, in the hands of a good photographer like you. Well done. Especially like the hairy animal image.
thanks
barondla
07-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #2722
Forum Member

Wow what a hip cows! Great shot!

07-02-2013, 12:39 PM - 2 Likes   #2723
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

01 Standard shot in DNG and a bit of a curve adjustment and saturation in post.

07-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #2724
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll get better files up soon. These came out of the camera to my iPad by Eye-Fi, so they're in-camera. @Gasparilla Island - Boca Grande, FL

*apparently only one file uploaded IIRC Av f/2.8 ISO 125 01 Prime Q#1 Black. I gues the others were too big.

FWIW I really don't car for the Eye-Fi linking (it isn't the Eye-Fi Pro X2 card I don't like - it is the whole concept). I feel as if I've given up control of my camera, my files and my three linked devices to radio waves. I have only enabled Direct linking, i.e. I don't use the Eye-Fi cloud service to store image files, but I frequently was frustrated by the card taking control of my device while it transferred 3 or 4 dozen files.

As far as I'm concerned it is just easier to transfer my files to my laptop directly from a card - when I want to - PP in LR or Elements and transfer only the final jpeg's that I want into my iPad camera roll for display.
Attached Images

Last edited by monochrome; 07-03-2013 at 06:16 AM.
07-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #2725
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'll get better files up soon. These came out of the camera to my iPad by Eye-Fi, so they're in-camera. @Gasparilla Island - Boca Grande, FL

*apparently only one file uploaded IIRC Av f/2.8 ISO 125 01 Prime Q#1 Black. FWIW I really don't car for the Eye-Fi linking (it isn't the Eye-Fi Pro X2 card). I feel as if I've given up control of my camera, my files and my three inked devices to radio waves. I have only enabled Direct linking, i.e. I don't use the Eye-Fi cloud service to store image files.

As far as I'm concerned it is just easier to transfer my files to my laptop directly from a card, PP in LR or ELements and transfer only the final jpeg's that I want into my iPad camera roll for display.
Been there, both I don't like wifi in my camera, and Boca Grande, nice place to relax, have a grouper sandwich for me @ South Beach Bar & Grille and shoot the Pelicans I had a ball with them

Hans
07-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #2726
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by c0rv1d Quote
Have been following this thread for a while and am very impressed with what folks can get out of this little camera!

I'm with Larry on the hair, Nicely shot and welcome

Hans
07-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #2727
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
have a grouper sandwich for me @ South Beach Bar & Grille
Yeppers - and Loose Caboose. Off-season is completely, totally quiet. Literally no one there but permanent residents. Walk into any restaurant any time an immediately get a table. 1/2 mile of private beach (our condo adjoined the Boca Grande Club) and one day our umbrella was the only one planted in the sand.

Had an awesome formal dinner at Gasparilla Inn (20's Florida wealth) with my wife and daughters. Interesting Golf Cart culture - rules of the road are sort of optional and 15 mph is fast. I never knew there were so many makes of Golf Cart.

My Q was on the fritz for 4 days. would start, then immediately shut down. In desperation I finally unmounted and remounted the lens, removed the card altogether, replaced it with a standard SD card, recharged and replaced both batteries, and cycled the On switch 5 times. Miraculously it stayed on the 5th time. Apparently either the 01 contacts weren't perfectly lined up or the WiFi card was in conflict with the Firmware.

I'm pleased the Q is back in business but I only had iPhone for 4 days. Not much to work with in those files.

LESSON: Take a backup body even if you are packing light (at the last minute I pulled the K-01 and 2 lenses from my briefcase to get it closed).

Last edited by monochrome; 07-03-2013 at 06:27 AM.
07-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #2728
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yeppers - and Loose Caboose. Off-season is completely, totally quiet. Literally no one there but permanent residents. Walk into any restaurant any time an immediately get a table. 1/2 mile of private beach (our condo adjoined the Boca Grande Club) and one day our umbrella was the only one planted in the sand.

Had an awesome formal dinner at Gasparilla Inn (20's Florida wealth) with my wife and daughters. Interesting Golf Cart culture - rules of the road are sort of optional and 15 mph is fast. I never knew there were so many makes of Golf Cart.

My Q was on the fritz for 4 days. would start, then immediately shut down. In desperation I finally unmounted and remounted the lens, removed the card altogether, replaced it with a standard SD card, recharged and replaced both batteries, and cycled the On switch 5 times. Miraculously it stayed on the 5th time. Apparently either the 01 contacts weren't perfectly lined up or the WiFi card was in conflict with the Firmware.

I'm pleased the Q is back in business but I only had iPhone for 4 days. Not much to work with in those files.

LESSON: Take a backup body even if you are packing light (at the last minute I pulled the K-01 and 2 lenses from my briefcase to get it closed).
Sounds like a great time, spare Q's are cheap now, but the Q7 is waiting in the wings to attack us. Enjoy BG, check my flicker for some Pelican shot I got @ BG

Hans
07-03-2013, 12:23 PM - 1 Like   #2729

Random Q Shots

I just got my Q! So since I was inspired to get it by this thread, I figured I would share a few amateur shots:

07-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #2730
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derpderp Quote
I just got my Q! So since I was inspired to get it by this thread, I figured I would share a few amateur shots:
Welcome to Q-dom dd. Some v. nice shots!