Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5700 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #3151
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
Pentax Q + Fujinon 35mm f/1.4 (C-mount):
Excellent, I've not had much luck with the c mount lenses I've tried, some of them are duds.

10-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #3152
Forum Member

No One is Ilegal

Shot with the 02. I have to say that my zeal for this camera wanes once in a while but, looking through all the great shots recently posted makes me want to get out and use the Q!

10-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #3153

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
Excellent, I've not had much luck with the c mount lenses I've tried, some of them are duds.
Thank you!
This Fujinan is quite a good lens, I've also tried it on my NEX and aparto for a dark vignette in the corners it performs quite well on the APS-C sensor.
10-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #3154
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
Pentax Q + Fujinon 35mm f/1.4 (C-mount):
Great shots! Just wondering, is it actually a Fujinon, or a Fujian? I have the Fujian, (Great little $25 Chinese lens) but not a Fujinon, which is actually a Fuji (Japan) lens.

10-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #3155
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
I'm not necessarily suggesting that this is your experience, but when I hear people complain about poor quality from c mounts, it's when they are using $25 chinese CCTV lenses. There is a world of high quality c mount optics, ranging from old cine lenses to modern machine vision lenses that partner perfectly with the Q. Fujinon (Not fujian) and Tamron both make very interesting lines of machine vision lenses. Some have macro capabilities allowing focus within half a centimeter. Best way to figure out what would suit you is to go to the B and H online catalog and take a peek at the spec sheets for industrial c mounts.

I most often stick to the 17 mm lenses, but the results from that fujinan 35 mm are pretty tasty.
10-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #3156

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Great shots! Just wondering, is it actually a Fujinon, or a Fujian? I have the Fujian, (Great little $25 Chinese lens) but not a Fujinon, which is actually a Fuji (Japan) lens.
No, this is a Fujinon, a Japan lens. It's bigger than the Fujian (which I also have ) and has better optics. Then again, a Fujian is a very nice toy lens with crazy bokeh

The Fujinon looks like this:
10-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #3157
Pentaxian

Does the q need an adapter for the cctv lenses?

10-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #3158
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:

Waterfall with 06.
Nice shot.
10-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #3159
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by verdigris Quote
I'm not necessarily suggesting that this is your experience, but when I hear people complain about poor quality from c mounts, it's when they are using $25 chinese CCTV lenses. There is a world of high quality c mount optics, ranging from old cine lenses to modern machine vision lenses that partner perfectly with the Q. Fujinon (Not fujian) and Tamron both make very interesting lines of machine vision lenses. Some have macro capabilities allowing focus within half a centimeter. Best way to figure out what would suit you is to go to the B and H online catalog and take a peek at the spec sheets for industrial c mounts.
I certainly haven't done extensive research but I picked up a 6mm f1.2 fujinon because I wanted something with a wide-ish field of view it looks like it may be sharp in the center but not in edges/corners probably due to the design of the optics. I am thinking they have to be quite curved to get that field of view. I also found a sony tv 16-64mm that I thought might do well after looking at the few samples I could find on the internets but it hasn't impressed me so far. The appeal of the Q was the price first for me and cheaper manual lenses to go along with it, but if I keep buying cheap manual lenses to test then I may as well have just bought one of the kit lenses.
10-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #3160
Veteran Member

Sheba

Shot with the Q7+03 fisheye.

I should have gotten a tripod but I did this shot quick. This spider set up its web on my deck last night. I quickly grabbed my Q7 with the 03 fisheye and took some shots. I had to boost the ISO to 6400 and use spot metering to get the shutter speed to 1/80th of a second. I also used my iPhone as a light source. The front of the lens was less than an inch from Sheba (my name for her).

The challenge is that holding the iPhone in one hand and the Q7 made good camera stabilization techniques difficult...but I like the shot anyway.

Shot using RAW format and did some post-processing in Lightroom.

10-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #3161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent shot Dave. Didn't think the 03 had macro abilities !
10-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #3162
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote

I should have gotten a tripod but I did this shot quick. This spider set up its web on my deck last night. I quickly grabbed my Q7 with the 03 fisheye and took some shots. I had to boost the ISO to 6400 and use spot metering to get the shutter speed to 1/80th of a second. I also used my iPhone as a light source. The front of the lens was less than an inch from Sheba (my name for her).

The challenge is that holding the iPhone in one hand and the Q7 made good camera stabilization techniques difficult...but I like the shot anyway.

Shot using RAW format and did some post-processing in Lightroom.

That looks really quite good for 6400! You seized the moment and it paid off!
10-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #3163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Excellent shot Dave. Didn't think the 03 had macro abilities !
Thanks, Larry! I was impressed at how well a Q7 image shot at ISO 6400 cleaned up.
10-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #3164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
That looks really quite good for 6400! You seized the moment and it paid off!
Thanks, LeRolls! I'm always a fan of your shots...so it's much appreciated.
10-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #3165

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxian_tmb Quote
Does the q need an adapter for the cctv lenses?
Yes, it does. You can find plenty of them on eBay.

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
Well done! And the ISO6400 looks quite acceptable I must admit