Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5697 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #3886
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Please note , Qat is the correct spelling for a new Q owner's typical first model.
Quite the quaint quirk!

06-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #3887
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Quite the quaint quirk!
See https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/212653-q-isms-language-q-owners.html
06-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #3888

QuoteOriginally posted by Kendigitize Quote
Great shot! And I thought I was the only one at Disneyland using a Q ,01 lens, and Bold Monocrome setting. It makes the park look so much more interesting. Here are some of my shots. For these I used a Pentax 28mm 2.8 & a Fotodiox adaptor.
thanks - love the shot of the "tattoo window!" I've got a couple more Q Disneyland shots on page 254 of this thread. here's one from Disneyland Paris for you
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
06-19-2014, 10:03 AM   #3889
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
thanks - love the shot of the "tattoo window!" I've got a couple more Q Disneyland shots on page 254 of this thread. here's one from Disneyland Paris for you
Thanks, the Tattoo Window is one of my favorites. I like the textures, framing, just everything about it.
Nice Tiki heads shot. They must be one of the most photographed things in the park. I used the 01 lens and Unicolor Bold for this one.

Last edited by Kendigitize; 02-03-2015 at 05:13 PM.
06-19-2014, 10:23 AM   #3890

QuoteOriginally posted by Kendigitize Quote
Thanks, the Tattoo Window is one of my favorites. I like the textures, framing, just everything about it.
Nice Tiki heads shot. They must be one of the most photographed things in the park. I used the 01 lens and Unicolor Bold for this one.
totally hilarious that we essentially took the same photo in the same place with the same camera with the same lens with "nearly" the same settings!

Last edited by emergo; 06-19-2014 at 04:06 PM.
06-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #3891
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
Q with 01.

This is one of those WTF moments that really leaves you perplexed. I personally felt conflicted about taking any photographs at all at the World Trade Center Memorial. It is a very solemn place, and there is great beauty there amidst the horrible memories and gift shop controversies. But the thing no one has mentioned so far as I know, is the public's conduct at the memorial. How is it that people are posing for their photo to be taken with smiles on their faces as if they're on the rim of the Grand Canyon or in front of the Lego Store? They are tourists for the most part, so perhaps there's an element of sight seeing behavior at work here, but from the people throwing pennies into the fountains to the teenager nonchalantly applying her lipstick before the names of the victims, I'm afraid the gravity of what happened here seems to be lost on most. So I became the documentarian that I am and started recording the scene. I didn't feel conflicted any longer as there was a story to be told. But in the end, I was just another one of the thousand people with a camera in a place where reflection is more important than capturing a moment for the photo album. Are any of us in the right here? I don't know. I'm just reporting what I saw.
Interesting post/photo. From where I stand, it sure looks distasteful. I guess I would have to know the stories of those women in your photo to really make a judgment though. But it's kind of depressing to think that people need to be instructed how to act properly at a memorial site for thousands killed by terrorists.
06-21-2014, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #3892
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Interesting post/photo. From where I stand, it sure looks distasteful. I guess I would have to know the stories of those women in your photo to really make a judgment though. But it's kind of depressing to think that people need to be instructed how to act properly at a memorial site for thousands killed by terrorists.
Like Filoxophy, I'd have to know more, but my inclination is to react differently. Every public memorial like this one becomes, and should become, something like a public park. (This is true even of some cemeteries.) I am thinking of the many civil war memorials found in cities, towns and villages in the US, Grant's tomb in NYC, the civil war memorial in the park in old Allegheny city in PIttsburgh (which filoxophy will know). People can and do pause to contemplate the sacrifice of those named and honored there, but they also just sit, have picnics and the like (or do both). I think it's a better thing, and that it does the dead more honor, to memorialize them in public places, where they or their memory remain a part of the life of the world to which they belonged than to tuck a memorial away in a shrine. To sound a more personal note, when I do pause to read the tablets in such places, I don't find the fact that other people pay them no mind distracts me.

06-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #3893
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Grackle in Palm

Here is a Grackle trying to stay cool on a palm tree. Q7 and 06.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
06-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #3894
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is how Dragonflies stay cool.

108 today in Phoenix while this fellow cooled off.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
06-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #3895
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Supremely lovely day in Toronto today. Shot a roll of film in my LX and then reached for my Q, with which these shots were taken
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Last edited by jva59; 06-21-2014 at 08:54 PM.
06-21-2014, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #3896
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One of my new kittens, with 01
06-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #3897
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Homage to the world cup. Spotted while walking on astonishingly lovely Sunday afternoon in Toronto.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
06-23-2014, 08:15 AM   #3898
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Supremely lovely day in Toronto today. Shot a roll of film in my LX and then reached for my Q, with which these shots were taken
Nice shots, I have not been into street photography but your shots make me rethink that
06-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #3899
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Nice shots, I have not been into street photography but your shots make me rethink that
Thanks for kind words, Hans! The Q esp. well suited to street photography because it's so unobtrusive and because taking it along is such a minimal commitment.
06-23-2014, 03:37 PM - 2 Likes   #3900
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My First Posting To This Part Of The Fourm

How's this? (Pentax Q7 and 02 Zoom on the DJI Phantom)
More can be seen here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/147-pentax-mirrorless-cameras/240457-aeri...i-phantom.html