Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #4576

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Here is a shot I took using Q-S1.

Fabulous shot

05-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #4577
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Trestles on a "meh" day. OOC color jpg converted to B&W in DxO FP5. No sharpening. Original Q with 55-300mm lens. I'm wondering if it's worth it to upgrade to a Q7 for use with this lens for the slightly larger sensor I'd lose some reach but might gain some IQ.. Comparing image samples between the MX-1 and the Q7 at DPReview didn't tell me much due to the different lenses. The *300 would be the obvious solution on the Q, I would imagine. big money for me, though. At that point I'd probably just pony up for the Sigma 50-500mm to get crazy close and sharp.

Anyway, it was a nice walk to Trestles and a good way to spend the last hour of the morning.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 

Last edited by MD Optofonik; 05-27-2015 at 02:52 PM.
05-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #4578
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Charlie McConnochie Quote
Fabulous shot

Thanks Charlie
05-29-2015, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #4579

Pentax Q + 01. View from my balcony.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
05-29-2015, 02:32 AM   #4580

1 more
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
05-30-2015, 01:40 AM - 4 Likes   #4581

Brugges (as we English spell it) in Belgium. Canal.
Q7, 08 Lens at it's widest. OOC jpeg except for a little cropping and a tad sharpening

---------- Post added 30-05-15 at 09:48 AM ----------

And another at Brugges, Belfort tower/clock
again OOC jpeg, 08 wide on a Q7

---------- Post added 30-05-15 at 09:57 AM ----------

And a final one of the series Brugges night shots. Q7, 08 lens

05-30-2015, 10:33 AM - 2 Likes   #4582
Veteran Member

Yesterday was cold, wet and windy.
So I made a pot of coffee, set up my gear next to the kitchen table and just let the gear do the walking for me.
You can do that when you have 560mm of glass with a Q sensor mounted on the back end of it.

BTW I got a cheapo AC power adapter for the Q and it's really nice to be able to leave the Q running all day with the LCD on full bright and not have to worry about batteries.

The usual backyard suspects.....

Last edited by wildman; 06-11-2015 at 08:55 PM.
05-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #4583
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote
So I made a pot of coffee, set up my gear next to the kitchen table and just let the gear do the walking for me.
You can do that when you have 560mm of glass with a Q sensor mounted on the back end of it.

BTW I got a cheapo AC power adapter for the Q and it's really nice to be able to leave the Q running all day with the LCD on full bright and not have to worry about batteries.

So, these are through a glass window?
If so, I'm more impressed than usual by the detail!
05-30-2015, 12:40 PM - 4 Likes   #4584
Forum Member

Pentax Q10 with 02 Lens
05-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #4585
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
So, these are through a glass window?
No extra window glass in the way. Just shot through an open door.
05-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #4586
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wildman Quote

Nice shots Wildman.

I am curious....if u setup the Q to run from the AC power adapter the whole day with the LCD on...would the LCD not overheat or something? What u are doing with the AC adapter inspire me to do something similar but I wonder if the Q will overheat.
05-31-2015, 12:35 AM   #4587
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drei3 Quote

Pentax Q10 with 02 Lens
Nice. Moody. Is the b&w conversion in camera?
05-31-2015, 04:30 AM   #4588
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
Nice shots Wildman.

I am curious....if u setup the Q to run from the AC power adapter the whole day with the LCD on...would the LCD not overheat or something? What u are doing with the AC adapter inspire me to do something similar but I wonder if the Q will overheat.
I think your concern could be justified.
My "all day" statement was a bit of hyperbole.I doubt if it was ever on continuously for more than 30-40 minutes at one time and then not often. But not because I was concerned about the battery or over heating but I just had to take a break from shooting for one reason or the other from time to time. On the other hand how long would the battery last that way maybe an hour and a half? I did pay attention to body temperature just by touch and it did remain cool to the touch so far as I could tell.

Is there a screen blanking mode where the LCD shuts down after a specified time but springs back to life instantly with a tap of the shutter button? - Not so far as I know. Anyone?
05-31-2015, 06:46 PM - 1 Like   #4589
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple of days ago I received my Q7 Premium Kit. I've been looking at the Q system for a long time, but the guys on DPR kept saying it couldn't produce any decent images with its teeny-tiny point-and-shoot sensor, and it's a toy camera for Japanese school girls who only care about fashion, not image quality. And so forth. So here are some of my first few test shots around home, nothing fancy. . .

Hmm. I think it blew out the highlights on the trunk lid of that car. Not that anyone but a photo-nerd would notice. (And that was shot as JPEG anyhow.)

I'm still learning my way around it, but I think I can work with this camera.
06-01-2015, 04:58 AM   #4590
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
A couple of days ago I received my Q7 Premium Kit. I've been looking at the Q system for a long time, but the guys on DPR kept saying it couldn't produce any decent images with its teeny-tiny point-and-shoot sensor, and it's a toy camera for Japanese school girls who only care about fashion, not image quality. And so forth. So here are some of my first few test shots around home, nothing fancy. . .

Hmm. I think it blew out the highlights on the trunk lid of that car. Not that anyone but a photo-nerd would notice. (And that was shot as JPEG anyhow.)

I'm still learning my way around it, but I think I can work with this camera.
That premium kit comes with an 08 lens I think so I think its a good deal as that lens alone is 400 bucks.