Veteran Member

Very nice, especially #2.

01-07-2017, 05:10 PM - 3 Likes   #5312
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some visitors on a snowy day shot with the Q7 and 06 lens

01-10-2017, 02:52 AM - 1 Like   #5313

Photos: Albums
This months assignment in our local photo club was to create Kitsch pictures - kitschy, cheesy, tacky - whatever you call it. So I grabbed my Q7 with the 08 to combine some of the most scoffed at kitschy routines in photography, among them:
  • sunsets
  • overly dramatic extreme wide angle shots
  • overdone HDR treatment
  • overdone saturation
  • white vignetting
Those two pics was what I came up with - both done with Q7/08 and of course tons of PP:

Bridge (Sunset/X Wide Angle/HDR/Saturation):

Car (X Wide Angel/HDR/Vignetting):

Have fun!

Phil
01-10-2017, 07:15 AM - 5 Likes   #5314
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Orion Nebula - Pentax Q-10 as Astrocam?

On the 2nd of January, I finally got a few hours of clear skies to try out my Q10 attached to a small TS Imaging Star 474mm f/6.78 APO refractor telescope:

2 x 20 images stacked in Registax4; assembeled in Image Composite Editor (ICE); final processing in PhotoImpact X3. 30s exposure time at ISO 1600.

Seeing in the wintertime is worse than lousy from my 4th floor balcony in the midst of a city, surrounded as I am of hot roofs and smoking chimneys, so excuses for the fat, funny looking stars. Still I am very happy to see that the Q10 handles the dynamic range so relatively well.

Now off for some better and darker skies......

01-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #5315
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
On the 2nd of January, I finally got a few hours of clear skies to try out my Q10 attached to a small TS Imaging Star 474mm f/6.78 APO refractor telescope:

2 x 20 images stacked in Registax4; assembeled in Image Composite Editor (ICE); final processing in PhotoImpact X3. 30s exposure time at ISO 1600.
Nice shot and great PP!
01-15-2017, 09:09 AM - 1 Like   #5316

---------- Post added 01-15-17 at 10:10 AM ----------

Second image was made using a Pentax 70mm lens for the Pentax 110 SLR.
01-18-2017, 11:59 AM - 2 Likes   #5317

Some nice Lichen yellow growing on a dead branch

Found this bright yellow Lichen colonising a dead branch in a hedgerow local to me, nature has the most marvellous colour palette all of year round if you look hard enough!

Pentax Q 10 08 lens 100 iso F4 AV priority.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
01-18-2017, 02:22 PM - 2 Likes   #5318
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote

Seeing in the wintertime is worse than lousy from my 4th floor balcony in the midst of a city, surrounded as I am of hot roofs and smoking chimneys, so excuses for the fat, funny looking stars. Still I am very happy to see that the Q10 handles the dynamic range so relatively well.

Now off for some better and darker skies......
I'd love to jump in a time machine and bring a Q and modern telescope to Galileo...
01-18-2017, 03:43 PM   #5319
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by The Barbarian Quote

That's an elaborate looking Futsal stadium....close to the action....great shots btw.
01-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #5320
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by The Barbarian Quote

Q for sports! I like #1.
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
That's an elaborate looking Futsal stadium....close to the action....great shots btw.
Corners of this field are rounded, it seems? I have a vague memory that years ago I saw on TV news that Americans were playing soccer indoors in a tiny field like this but maybe the walls weren't transparent, and I thought that Americans were weird.

And that reminds me of the days of the original New York Cosmos, that's maybe 35 or 40 years ago? They signed with Pele and Beckenbauer, Pepsi was doing a campaign in Japan where the bottle caps work as lottery tickets, and lucky winners would be invited to one New York Cosmos game in NYC. As young kids playing soccer at a local club, we'd buy Pepsi after practice sessions whenever we had some coins (despite the coach's discouragement) for one spring or maybe summer, it was substantial money for us and we of course wasted our money away but it was fun!

Strange that one picture somehow triggers the flashback of these things, I now remember the faces of team mates and coaches even though their names were lost in memory.
01-18-2017, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #5321
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Corners of this field are rounded, it seems? I have a vague memory that years ago I saw on TV news that Americans were playing soccer indoors in a tiny field like this but maybe the walls weren't transparent, and I thought that Americans were weird.
That's an ice hockey rink. There may very well be ice beneath the artificial turf. Lots of stadiums host both ice hockey and other sports like basketball. The famous Madison Square Garden in New York City, for example, can host the NY Rangers hockey team on Saturday night and the NY Knicks on Sunday afternoon. How do they do it? They don't melt the ice, they just cover it and then assemble the basketball court on top.

Here's a time lapse on how it's done:

01-18-2017, 07:17 PM - 1 Like   #5322
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
the original New York Cosmos, that's maybe 35 or 40 years ago? They signed with Pele and Beckenbaue
They were the 2 biggest stars but they had plenty of other names, an Italian striker Chinchilla???....They came to Sydney and played an exhibition game, a mate captained the Aussie schoolboys team in the curtain raiser....around 79ish???

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
That's an ice hockey rink.
Thanks John, it'd be good to watch and photograph that action from close by too!
01-18-2017, 08:01 PM   #5323
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
That's an ice hockey rink. There may very well be ice beneath the artificial turf. Lots of stadiums host both ice hockey and other sports like basketball. The famous Madison Square Garden in New York City, for example, can host the NY Rangers hockey team on Saturday night and the NY Knicks on Sunday afternoon. How do they do it? They don't melt the ice, they just cover it and then assemble the basketball court on top.

Here's a time lapse on how it's done:

Watch A Hockey Rink Become A Basketball Court In 60 seconds - YouTube
Thanks John, that's a very informative and entertaining video.
And the field being hockey field, my memory now makes much more sense to me because these American soccer players on the news were doing "wall pass", just like hockey.

---------- Post added 01-18-17 at 07:59 PM ----------

They were the 2 biggest stars but they had plenty of other names, an Italian striker Chinchilla???....They came to Sydney and played an exhibition game, a mate captained the Aussie schoolboys team in the curtain raiser....around 79 ish?
Italian guy, wasn't he Chinglillas or something? And what a cool experience your friend had!
Thanks for sharing your football (soccer) memory with me, I digressed but this was fun!
01-19-2017, 05:59 AM - 4 Likes   #5324
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Q7 + 02

01-21-2017, 10:16 AM - 4 Likes   #5325
Pentaxian

Q-7 + 08 wide zoom