PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
09-08-2018, 01:57 PM - 5 Likes   #5898
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yet another set of tourist shots with Q7.

Amsterdam Central station with 01 lens in the morning (pano) and in the evening.

Amsterdam Centraal pano by k kwb, on Flickr

Amsterdam Centraal by k kwb, on Flickr

Neatherlands' National monument, the first one with 06 lens and the next one 01.

Agony (Darn it, heavy birds...) by k kwb, on Flickr

Lion and the National Monument by k kwb, on Flickr

Here I'm looking up unused stairs from the ground floor in Van Gogh Museum. Real stairs and reflections were making an interesting symmetry. With 08 lens.

Stairs and mirrors by k kwb, on Flickr

A boat passed by while I was taking this, leaving horizontal lines and bands.

Under the bridge by k kwb, on Flickr
09-09-2018, 09:35 PM - 1 Like   #5899

Shot this as a proof of concept for some advertising art for work. The final image will be a composit but this was shot with one single 20sec exposure. ISO 100, f7.1 Pentax Qs1, single Yongnuo 560IV fired full power 4 times( two front, one behind, one driver side rear) and a bit of choreography. I'll post the final later. Shot then edited in lightroom mobile on my phone.

09-10-2018, 11:59 AM - 2 Likes   #5900

Here is the final. Composite of 2 images. Both taken on Q-S1

Last edited by Perry Wilson; 09-10-2018 at 12:17 PM.
09-10-2018, 09:17 PM   #5901
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Perry Wilson Quote
Interesting, how did you do it? Could you share a bit more details?

In the first proof of concept version, was the car at a complete stop and then moved back and the red/blue lights were turned on, all during one exposure, or was it moving with lights on at first and then stopped, or something else?

In the final image, did you take a long exposure for the moving car without flash so it's mostly just red/blue lights without showing the car's body, and short exposure image with flash (or long exposure image of the car at a comple'te stop?) to show the car itself, and composited?
09-10-2018, 09:59 PM   #5902
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Impressive image! Amazing use of the Q-S1.
thanks for sharing,
barondla

09-11-2018, 11:36 AM - 2 Likes   #5903

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Interesting, how did you do it? Could you share a bit more details?

In the first proof of concept version, was the car at a complete stop and then moved back and the red/blue lights were turned on, all during one exposure, or was it moving with lights on at first and then stopped, or something else?

In the final image, did you take a long exposure for the moving car without flash so it's mostly just red/blue lights without showing the car's body, and short exposure image with flash (or long exposure image of the car at a comple'te stop?) to show the car itself, and composited?
First shot was to see if I could do it all in 1. And with some time I'm sure I could. I had maybe 5 minutes and two tries between calls for service. The first shot was a 20 sec exposure. Had him drive up about 5-10 mph lights on headlights off. Then stop, shut off lights, turn on headlights, then shut them off then walked around the car and triggered my flash by hand in 4 spots.

The final shot was two photos a stationary car shot, 15sec exposure with 4 flash points using one flash. And a long exposure of him driving all the way through the frame with red and blues.

Ideally I'd like to try and capture it in 1 shot with three vehicles, armoured swat truck, a patrol car, and a motorcycle. Will definitely take some choreography. Luckily we used to precision driving

Hoping to also do some action portraits.

Professional standards came to me asking for some advertising campaign photos (some for billboards) for recruitment. Have a few fun ideas and of course I'll do them all on the Q. Because I dont need no big cam...
09-11-2018, 02:37 PM - 3 Likes   #5904

A shot from my Georgia vacation. I've been using the Q7 with 02 lens as a backup camera there, a task that it had handled pretty well, I must say

Last edited by dnikishov; 09-11-2018 at 03:47 PM.
09-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #5905
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dnikishov Quote
A shot from my Georgia vacation. I've been using the Q7 with 02 lens as a backup camera there, a task that it had handled pretty well, I must say

Welcome to the Q forum. Like the composition of the image. Nature in the foreground with man made structures dotting the background. You did a great job with the Q7 and 02.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
09-11-2018, 08:59 PM   #5906
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First shot was to see if I could do it all in 1. And with some time I'm sure I could. I had maybe 5 minutes and two tries between calls for service. The first shot was a 20 sec exposure. Had him drive up about 5-10 mph lights on headlights off. Then stop, shut off lights, turn on headlights, then shut them off then walked around the car and triggered my flash by hand in 4 spots.

The final shot was two photos a stationary car shot, 15sec exposure with 4 flash points using one flash. And a long exposure of him driving all the way through the frame with red and blues.

Ideally I'd like to try and capture it in 1 shot with three vehicles, armoured swat truck, a patrol car, and a motorcycle. Will definitely take some choreography. Luckily we used to precision driving

Hoping to also do some action portraits.

Professional standards came to me asking for some advertising campaign photos (some for billboards) for recruitment. Have a few fun ideas and of course I'll do them all on the Q. Because I dont need no big cam...
Thanks Perry, it would be really cool if your Q-S1 picture is used on a billboard!!! Good luck and please give us updates!
09-12-2018, 04:02 PM - 5 Likes   #5907

Q7 and 06 in concert

Q7 and 06 in concert

Italia West Side Big Band Live feat. Maurizio Giammarco + Eugenio Colombo by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr

Bye Bye Japan by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr

Frankie James by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr

Maleducazione Alcolica by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr

Bye Bye Japan by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr

Giancane by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr

'O Zulů by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr

Giancane by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr

Italia West Side Big Band Live feat. Maurizio Giammarco + Eugenio Colombo by Federico Tomasello, su Flickr
09-12-2018, 05:40 PM - 1 Like   #5908
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spectacular concert images Abulafia. Your results are perfect using the ultra quiet and tiny Q.
09-15-2018, 10:31 PM   #5909
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Abulafia Quote
Q7 and 06 in concert
All great images, but I REALLY like the last one!!!
09-15-2018, 10:36 PM - 4 Likes   #5910
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Q7 and 06 lens at 45mm, almost minimal distance, manual focus, ISO100, f/2.8 and 1/2000 sec.

Praying mantis and bee by k kwb, on Flickr