Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5697 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2019, 05:28 PM - 4 Likes   #6166
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
An awesome western Pennsylvania September sky with the 5-15mm and Q.

Attached Images

10-03-2019, 11:31 AM - 6 Likes   #6167
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some photo take today in Rende (CS) Italy with Q-S1 and Kern Paillard Yvar 36mm F2.8, the frst three at F4 and the other three at F2.8.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
10-03-2019, 11:23 PM - 5 Likes   #6168
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Piotrek K Quote
Tamron CCTV 16/1.4 on the genuine Q
Great light!
QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
I'm a bit late to the Q party but for reasons I won't bore you with have recently ended-up with a Q, a Q-S1, and 01, 2 x 02, 03 and 07 lenses. My usual camera/lens/film testing subject is the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Tavistock Square, London. I shot a few images yesterday using the Q-S1 and some of the lenses. Here are the results.
Welcome to the Q party, Kris! Nice images, I like the picture of the base of the statue.

As for the shield lens, I don't own one but some are using it to great effect. If you don't like that the fixed focus is too close, forum member 2old4toys has a thread for modification so you can achieve infinity focus!

Focus adjust on the Pentax 07 shield lens - PentaxForums.com

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
An awesome western Pennsylvania September sky with the 5-15mm and Q.
Awesome sky (and cows)!
QuoteOriginally posted by S.M. Quote
Some photo take today in Rende (CS) Italy with Q-S1 and Kern Paillard Yvar 36mm F2.8, the frst three at F4 and the other three at F2.8.
Hmm nice, would you consider cross-posting to the adapted lens reference thread? There are two posts about the same lens (?) but your pictures are a great demonstration of close-up ability of this lens.
Adapted lenses tested on the Q : the reference thread - PentaxForums.com

---------- Post added 10-03-19 at 11:46 PM ----------

Moon, Sept. 04 2019, 21:26 Pacific Time on Flickr
This was taken with Q7 and Borg 55FL. Clarity of the air was OK but the turbulence or something was bad, I took a bunch of shots on a tripod only to find that I didn't have any that was good across the frame. Each has sharp area and blurred area but fortunately these were different from picture to picture. I let photoshop "focus stack" 7 shots so it picks the sharpest parts and stitch them together, and I'm kind of satisfied with the result.

Purple evening on Flickr
Q7, 08 wide zoom at 3.8mm, f/8, ISO 100, 1/3 seconds handheld.
10-04-2019, 02:54 AM - 2 Likes   #6169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Q with telephoto zoom.
Fall colors, back roads and western Pennsylvania.

Attached Images

10-04-2019, 05:09 AM   #6170
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Did you use the 06 for this?
10-04-2019, 05:51 AM   #6171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Did you use the 06 for this?
Yes 06 at the 15mm setting.
10-04-2019, 06:09 AM - 2 Likes   #6172
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote

[/COLOR]
This was taken with Q7 and Borg 55FL. Clarity of the air was OK but the turbulence or something was bad, I took a bunch of shots on a tripod only to find that I didn't have any that was good across the frame. Each has sharp area and blurred area but fortunately these were different from picture to picture. I let photoshop "focus stack" 7 shots so it picks the sharpest parts and stitch them together, and I'm kind of satisfied with the result.
I love this, what a great idea. I think it turned out really well.

I am new to the Q party too with a Q10 and 02 and 06. Unfortunately, my Q10 has the problem many other Q's have had where it will refuse to turn on after a while until you do some rituals to get it back going again (in my case, let it sit for a day, take the battery out and fully charge it, then try again.) I'm learning to get around it but still not a lot of fun.

Anyway, the plan is for it just to be for fun anyway, so I 3D printed a k-mount adapter and did some macro. I want to do some of the vintage lenses a lot of the users here have done, just keeping my eye out on local deals to see when I can snag some cinema lenses for cheap.

Fun stuff.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 2  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
10-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #6173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Snapppy Quote

I am new to the Q party too with a Q10 and 02 and 06. Unfortunately, my Q10 has the problem many other Q's have had where it will refuse to turn on after a while until you do some rituals to get it back going again (in my case, let it sit for a day, take the battery out and fully charge it, then try again.) I'm learning to get around it but still not a lot of fun.

Anyway, the plan is for it just to be for fun anyway, so I 3D printed a k-mount adapter and did some macro. I want to do some of the vintage lenses a lot of the users here have done, just keeping my eye out on local deals to see when I can snag some cinema lenses for cheap.

Fun stuff.
Great start with the Q. It's a fun system to use. Printing a Q-PK adapter is impressive. Do you have any other gizmos in mind to print?
Thanks,
barondla
10-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #6174
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fun stuff.
Thanks Snapppy. You have some interesting stuff on that bench!
10-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #6175
Pentaxian

Baling.

We were digging archaeological test pits as a training exercise for Young Archaeologist's Club members. Unfortunately, we had heavy rain overnight! Q-S1 with the 01 prime.

Baling par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
10-07-2019, 05:13 AM - 2 Likes   #6176
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Great start with the Q. It's a fun system to use. Printing a Q-PK adapter is impressive. Do you have any other gizmos in mind to print?
Thanks,
barondla
More adapters as I get a hold of some vintage lenses that are famous to adapt to this camera. I don't think they take the place of a string metal adapters you can buy (and inexpensively, I might add) but it's just a fun hobby, and I guess it does save me a little money. Haven't thought of anything else to print for it.

Thanks Snapppy. You have some interesting stuff on that bench!
Haha, yes, although my wife uses a different term than "interesting" to describe my mess and it seems to stay messy no matter how many times I clean it...

To be honest, she is very supportive of my little camera adventures, just encourages me to keep my "creativity" tidy. Which, helps me in the end, because I can find things.
10-07-2019, 06:19 AM - 2 Likes   #6177
Pentaxian

Haha, yes, although my wife uses a different term than "interesting" to describe my mess and it seems to stay messy no matter how many times I clean it...

The big drawer is my answer. Or two. Or three. In fact 4 works to some extent (until now).
10-07-2019, 08:37 AM   #6178
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, that moonshot is tremendous.
10-07-2019, 04:58 PM   #6179
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Wow, that moonshot is tremendous.
Thank you luftfluss!
10-08-2019, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #6180
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just picked up a used Q7 off fleeceBay. Dew covered dogwood berries and a roadside money pig.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo