Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2020, 05:22 AM - 2 Likes   #6331
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Took Bandit, a Q7 and the 06 tele-zoom to Reservoir Park on a dog outing and left the GR III at home for a change. We crossed trails with Jesse and her 3 dogs. Got a face shot of Addie Jane but the highlights on her nose were blown out. Thus necessitating the conversion to high contrast mono. Sometimes I think I have too many tools and toys and not enough time.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Last edited by Perfessor5646; 01-25-2020 at 08:36 PM.
01-27-2020, 03:55 PM   #6332
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nicely done!
01-28-2020, 02:36 PM - 4 Likes   #6333
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was asked to photo-document a dog rescue* in progress to provide stills for the internet fund raising campaign. WAVE TV sent Kaitlin Rust to do a story on animal abuse and this particular rescue. This was a short notice ask so I grabbed my K3II with the 20-40mm Ltd, in addition the GR III that’s on my belt all the time. I also had a Q7 with the 06 in my jacket pocket from a trip to the dog park just prior to this shoot, so I took it along as well. I used all three. This is Kaitlin Rust holding one of the #ocean7 puppies taken with the Q7.

*A mama Catahoula mix and seven 4 week old pups were taken from an abusive owner by other members of his family. The dogs all ended up at Blue Pearl Veterinary Hospital by the grace of 3 apex animal rescuers. The mama dog was malnourished and suffering from a long untreated gunshot wound that had shattered leg bones and left bullet fragments in the soft tissue. She has blue eyes and was named Ocean Blue by the lead rescuer. The pups were each named after a tropical island. The pups were force weaned since they could no longer nurse while Ocean Blue was wearing a fentanyl patch for pain. Grayson County Law Enforcement is investigating the abuse but being in rural Kentucky I have slim hopes of consequences.

I think this story will have a happy ending. We raised enough money in two days (a few thousand dollars) that they went ahead and did the leg surgery seemingly successfully. Ocean Blue already has a willing adopter and people are volunteering to foster or adopt the #ocean7 pups.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
01-28-2020, 10:24 PM - 2 Likes   #6334
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
I was asked to photo-document a dog rescue* in progress to provide stills for the internet fund raising campaign. WAVE TV sent Kaitlin Rust to do a story on animal abuse and this particular rescue. This was a short notice ask so I grabbed my K3II with the 20-40mm Ltd, in addition the GR III that’s on my belt all the time. I also had a Q7 with the 06 in my jacket pocket from a trip to the dog park just prior to this shoot, so I took it along as well. I used all three. This is Kaitlin Rust holding one of the #ocean7 puppies taken with the Q7.

*A mama Catahoula mix and seven 4 week old pups were taken from an abusive owner by other members of his family. The dogs all ended up at Blue Pearl Veterinary Hospital by the grace of 3 apex animal rescuers. The mama dog was malnourished and suffering from a long untreated gunshot wound that had shattered leg bones and left bullet fragments in the soft tissue. She has blue eyes and was named Ocean Blue by the lead rescuer. The pups were each named after a tropical island. The pups were force weaned since they could no longer nurse while Ocean Blue was wearing a fentanyl patch for pain. Grayson County Law Enforcement is investigating the abuse but being in rural Kentucky I have slim hopes of consequences.

I think this story will have a happy ending. We raised enough money in two days (a few thousand dollars) that they went ahead and did the leg surgery seemingly successfully. Ocean Blue already has a willing adopter and people are volunteering to foster or adopt the #ocean7 pups.
Great picture Perfessor5646! Thanks for sharing the story, though it's sad that these things are happening at all, it's good to know that enough people do care.

01-28-2020, 10:58 PM - 7 Likes   #6335
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Porcupine, the same animal as I've posted before. This time it was not even trying to go covert as it was on a tree without leaves, just nibbling the bark. Pentax Q7 and Q 06 lens, F/2.8, ISO 400, 1/6 sec on a tripod.

Angry fruit by k kwb, on Flickr

And below is a cellphone shot, not even Pentax, but anyway to give you more of the background.

Strange fruit by k kwb, on Flickr
02-02-2020, 02:51 AM - 5 Likes   #6336
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fontaine Bartholdi, Lyon

Detail of the recently restored Bartholdi Fountain in the Place des Terreaux, Lyon. Taken with the 06 zoom, processed in camera using the unicolor bold.digital filter.

The fountain is made of hammered lead, dark and shiny, unlike bronze. I only wish I could capture the sound...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
02-10-2020, 12:16 PM - 2 Likes   #6337
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here’s another from the last dog and puppy rescue I documented. This is my bestie and apex animal rescuer, Tara Bassett, with two of the #ocean7 four week old pups.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 

Last edited by Perfessor5646; 02-13-2020 at 08:40 AM.
02-12-2020, 06:46 AM - 5 Likes   #6338
Pentaxian

Genuine Q plus Tamron 16/1.4 C-mount lens is my favorite combo for short business trips (taken yesterday in Brussels, Belgium).
02-12-2020, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #6339
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax Q-S1 + Fujinon CF50B

Shot handheld. The aperture was set to 4. The rest of setting are in EXIF.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
02-14-2020, 01:18 AM - 3 Likes   #6340

Forgot my password and was too lazy to recover it and post. But back in business with the Original Q and non-native lenses
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
02-18-2020, 01:42 PM - 7 Likes   #6341
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Q7 & Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di Macro

02-18-2020, 09:48 PM   #6342
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Q7 & Tamron SP AF 90mm F2.8 Di Macro
Superb composition and technical execution.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
02-19-2020, 01:15 AM - 1 Like   #6343
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Superb composition and technical execution.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
Thank you!
02-19-2020, 08:08 AM - 6 Likes   #6344
Pentaxian

Q7+08 wide
02-21-2020, 08:11 AM - 1 Like   #6345
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote

Q7+08 wide
Beautiful image. You made great use of the 08 ultrawide.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla