Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2021, 06:24 PM - 6 Likes   #6541
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Q7 + 01 prime lens = a great combination

The more I shoot with my new (new-to-me) Q7, the more I am discovering the addictive joys of Q-mania.
In this case, all of these photos were shot with the 01 prime lens which, with a relatively fast maximum aperture of f1.9, allows available light shooting in a variety of conditions, with surprisingly (to me) good results.

Like this photo-decal of someone's dog, on the back of a station wagon, spotted while walking around the small town where I live---

Then a shot of the stuffed (and masked!) Monkey who 'supervises' the produce department at a local (and cool) supermarket---

Nearby, in the same store, a Chocolate Easter Bunny whose expression seems to indicate he might be happier elsewhere---

Then a classic shot which probably millions of photographers have taken, are taking, and will take: of my own shadow. This one was taken using the Q7's 'Bold Monochrome' setting---

Then something simple from my daily walk: a dead leaf on top of a hedge. But a monochrome treatment seemed better than the original colour version---

One more black & white version (lightly tweaked in Nik plug-ins & Lightroom) of a cloudscape I took on the rural outskirts of the small town where I live---

And finally another available light shot - of a lunchbox I bought in an Indian market, which features a portrait of the Hindu deity Shiva. This last shot was taken with the Q7's 'Bleach Bypass' filter, which somehow seemed just right for the vibe of this image---

I have to say, again: what a cool camera this is.

03-08-2021, 11:15 PM - 2 Likes   #6542
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MiguelATF Quote
The more I shoot with my new (new-to-me) Q7, the more I am discovering the addictive joys of Q-mania.
In this case, all of these photos were shot with the 01 prime lens which, with a relatively fast maximum aperture of f1.9, allows available light shooting in a variety of conditions, with surprisingly (to me) good results.

Like this photo-decal of someone's dog, on the back of a station wagon, spotted while walking around the small town where I live---

Then a shot of the stuffed (and masked!) Monkey who 'supervises' the produce department at a local (and cool) supermarket---

Nearby, in the same store, a Chocolate Easter Bunny whose expression seems to indicate he might be happier elsewhere---

Then a classic shot which probably millions of photographers have taken, are taking, and will take: of my own shadow. This one was taken using the Q7's 'Bold Monochrome' setting---

Then something simple from my daily walk: a dead leaf on top of a hedge. But a monochrome treatment seemed better than the original colour version---

One more black & white version (lightly tweaked in Nik plug-ins & Lightroom) of a cloudscape I took on the rural outskirts of the small town where I live---

And finally another available light shot - of a lunchbox I bought in an Indian market, which features a portrait of the Hindu deity Shiva. This last shot was taken with the Q7's 'Bleach Bypass' filter, which somehow seemed just right for the vibe of this image---

I have to say, again: what a cool camera this is.
Yep, cool camera. Q provides freedom and sparks creativity. I'm enjoying your Q journey.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla

PS, wait until you start combining multiple in camera effects.
03-09-2021, 05:57 PM - 4 Likes   #6543
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One more for the Q-Maniacs: afternoon clouds in southern Oregon.
Taken with the Q7's Bold Monochrome in-camera setting.

03-11-2021, 08:11 PM - 6 Likes   #6544
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have not used my QS-1 for quite some time. Getting it ready for sale and now I am not so sure.

03-12-2021, 07:22 PM - 5 Likes   #6545
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A little more Fish-eye madness (taken with the 03 lens) - the first two were taken as RAW (dng) negatives and then lightly processed in Lightroom; the 3rd was taken using the Q7's rather extreme Bold Monochrome jpeg preset.
Awesome series, I especially liked these fisheye shots. You seem to be having quite some fun!
QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote
I have not used my QS-1 for quite some time. Getting it ready for sale and now I am not so sure.
That's a great close up and great B/W too, I sometimes forget how nice bold monochrome could be. I see why you're not so sure about selling it.

This one was shot with 06 lens, cropped to square using Lightroom. Seagulls in the front, waterfowls on the river, some unidentified birds in the sky and gloomy weather, they all reminded me of The Birds movie, so I converted it to B/W using Nik collection. I didn't even think about bold monochrome but I could have used that in retrospect.
Attached Images

03-13-2021, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #6546
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Detail from a gravestone from 1678.

Knebworth skull (1) detail par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Pentax Q-S1, 02 zoom.
03-13-2021, 05:46 PM - 3 Likes   #6547
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More Q7 Quirkiness...

The first was taken with my 03 fish-eye lens at the local supermarket where, from the looks of it, a small race of alien beings, disguised as juice drinks, is preparing to conquer the planet---

The second, with the 01 prime, is of the oh-so-cool van which belongs to the equally-cool bicycle store of the small Oregon town where I live---

Note: the bike store, and nearly a fifth of the town, Talent, Oregon, burned up in an apocalyptic wildfire which started outside of town but did calamitous damage to both residences and businesses, nearly 6 months ago. We are all hoping that it will rebuild and return, like a Phoenix from the ashes of an old world, to our town, in the not-too-distant future.

03-14-2021, 05:23 PM - 2 Likes   #6548
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More examples of Q-Mania...
Starting with a 'Macro' shot from the local supermarket where there are so many hot sauce and salsas, it feels like the Wild Wild West---

Over in the fish section of the meat department, I forgot to bring my Fish-eye lens for this next shot---

At midnight, my Calaveras, or skeleton newly-weds, are counting the days until Día de los Muertos---

The cool thing about the tiny 03 lens is, with its wide-angle distortion, it transforms ordinary objects into...mysterious mutations---

The last shot, of peeling tree-bark on a tree in the garden, was taken with the Q7's 'Reversal Film' setting---

03-15-2021, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #6549
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yard shots from a cloudy day

85mm F2 "Jupiter" on Q, at f 4.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
03-16-2021, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #6550

QuoteOriginally posted by zippythezip Quote

I too have not used any of my (multiple) Q's in such a long time... but coming back around after perusing the forum!

---------- Post added 03-16-21 at 09:25 AM ----------

Starting with a 'Macro' shot from the local supermarket where there are so many hot sauce and salsas, it feels like the Wild Wild West---

Over in the fish section of the meat department, I forgot to bring my Fish-eye lens for this next shot---

At midnight, my Calaveras, or skeleton newly-weds, are counting the days until Día de los Muertos---

The cool thing about the tiny 03 lens is, with its wide-angle distortion, it transforms ordinary objects into...mysterious mutations---

The last shot, of peeling tree-bark on a tree in the garden, was taken with the Q7's 'Reversal Film' setting---
Wow! Thank for the inspiration! Looks like you're having fun discovering your new friend - I need to pull my old guys out of hiding, get outside and shoot!

---------- Post added 03-16-21 at 09:25 AM ----------

Wow! Thank for the inspiration! Looks like you're having fun discovering your new friend - I need to pull my old guys out of hiding, get outside and shoot!
03-16-2021, 12:32 PM - 2 Likes   #6551
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Rainy day, caught a break, playing with the Q possibilities on the way to the mail box.

If I remember the order correctly- first two are "normal" and HDR, then reverse color, watercolor, and poster.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
03-16-2021, 06:20 PM - 2 Likes   #6552
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

first pic on my "new" Q-S1

Just trying it out before sunset off my east porch. Nothing spectacular, but I like that I can get this kind of detail from a tiny camera and lens at about 50m away. Cropped of course. Going to have a lot of fun with this little gem - which is not something I have said with my big Pentaxes. I like to go out taking pics with them, but they seem more 'serious'...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
03-17-2021, 07:41 PM - 1 Like   #6553
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Snowy Spring with Q-S1

Starting to have fun with the Q-S1
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
03-18-2021, 07:25 PM - 4 Likes   #6554
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

March Showers.
Q - 5-15zoom
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
03-19-2021, 05:24 PM - 5 Likes   #6555
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Q7 + 01 - hadn't had this out in a while and was enjoying the burst of spring flowers that are starting to show up. Cropped but otherwise SOOC.

Last edited by Deesquared; 03-19-2021 at 05:32 PM.