Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5700 Likes Search this Thread
03-20-2021, 11:42 PM - 3 Likes   #6556
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A handful of Q shots taken today with both the 01 (prime) and 03 (fish-eye) lenses. All in the same location - alongside a rural highway which runs through southern Oregon. Where I spotted the skeleton of an old rusty car alongside the highway. The 01 gave me a perspective I liked--

When I changed to a more vertical angle, I could include the massing clouds; monochrome processing (via Silver Efex) made them more intense--

Switching to the Fish-eye, there are cool perspectives, cooler colours and, though this lens isn't highly thought of for its technical prowess, even cooler textures--

Something about the wheel well (where the original rubber of the tires is long gone) got my attention--

And finally, as I was walking away, I saw I had company: my shadow...

Last edited by MiguelATF; 03-21-2021 at 03:00 AM.
03-23-2021, 10:52 AM - 2 Likes   #6557
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A round springtail, the photo was take with th Pentax Q-S1 and the Leitz Photar 25mm F2, the photo is at about 2,25x so about 3,4mm long.

03-28-2021, 05:30 AM - 4 Likes   #6558
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hadn't used my original Q in a very long time.
Dug it out yesterday and have been playing with the 03 fish-eye.

03-29-2021, 09:32 AM - 3 Likes   #6559
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not certain this counts as a sign, but it is certainly one of the odder things I have come across in a hedgerow whilst out cycling in the countryside. Cross posted with the signs thread.

Message par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

03-30-2021, 06:50 AM - 4 Likes   #6560
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Cactus flower- "Christmas Cactus" or maybe it's an "Easter" cactus. Just 5 days till Easter this year and blooming.
Pentax Q7: first picture with 01 prime lens, second crop of 03 fish eye shot.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
03-31-2021, 10:01 AM   #6561
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote

Very nice - that 03 can give some really nice effects! Another fun one to try is the pinhole.
03-31-2021, 10:07 AM - 4 Likes   #6562

First post

I've had my Q for a few years now and I wanted to share a few shots from a recent trip to the Omaha zoo. These were all taken with the 06 zoom - I love that reach. I shot all of these raw and processed in Lightroom.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo   
03-31-2021, 03:37 PM   #6563
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pjaszewski Quote
I've had my Q for a few years now and I wanted to share a few shots from a recent trip to the Omaha zoo. These were all taken with the 06 zoom - I love that reach. I shot all of these raw and processed in Lightroom.
Great shots. Always fun seeing exotic animals. Reminds me I haven't visited a zoo in a long time. Need to work on that. The #06 is a jewel of a lens.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla
04-02-2021, 10:01 AM - 3 Likes   #6564
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos with the Pentax Q-S1 and Schneider-Kreuznach Makro-Tele-Xenar 75mm F2.8

04-12-2021, 09:25 PM   #6565
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

More "Q" , with 5-15mm 02 lens.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
04-13-2021, 04:24 PM - 3 Likes   #6566
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A few more from the Q7

The fact that the Q7 is so small - and so 'pocketable' with the attached 01 prime lens - means it's easy to just stick in a pocket and bring along. And it continues to surprise me with its versatility and quality. Here are a few recent Q7 shots.
First, a monochrome view of...a leaf on top of a hedge. Simple subject... but the camera + lens did justice to it.

Next, a color shot from the same location - a dead leaf in the middle of some very much alive ones---

Another shot taken with the 01 prime lens, of my new camping stove - but using the Q7's built-in 'Bold Monochrome' jpeg style - which gives a cool, high-contrast black & white look---

A fish-eye image - taken on the local bike path (most of which burned up in a wildfire 6 months ago) - of my bicycle and some inventive sidewalk graffiti from a local artist---

Then another distorted ultra-wide-angle fisheye shot - taken in an available light interior situation - and surprisingly decent given the 1/8 second exposure time. You have to like distortion for close-ups with the 03 fish-eye lens...but I do:

That's all for now... but the Q7 is sitting in a pocket, ready for more use!

Last edited by MiguelATF; 04-13-2021 at 04:25 PM. Reason: correct typo
04-15-2021, 08:50 AM - 1 Like   #6567
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MiguelATF Quote
A handful of Q shots taken today with both the 01 (prime) and 03 (fish-eye) lenses. All in the same location - alongside a rural highway which runs through southern Oregon. Where I spotted the skeleton of an old rusty car alongside the highway. The 01 gave me a perspective I liked--

When I changed to a more vertical angle, I could include the massing clouds; monochrome processing (via Silver Efex) made them more intense--

Switching to the Fish-eye, there are cool perspectives, cooler colours and, though this lens isn't highly thought of for its technical prowess, even cooler textures--

Something about the wheel well (where the original rubber of the tires is long gone) got my attention--

And finally, as I was walking away, I saw I had company: my shadow...
good car pics, but love the shadow pic especially!

---------- Post added 04-15-21 at 08:58 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MiguelATF Quote
The more I shoot with my new (new-to-me) Q7, the more I am discovering the addictive joys of Q-mania.
In this case, all of these photos were shot with the 01 prime lens which, with a relatively fast maximum aperture of f1.9, allows available light shooting in a variety of conditions, with surprisingly (to me) good results.

Like this photo-decal of someone's dog, on the back of a station wagon, spotted while walking around the small town where I live---

Then a shot of the stuffed (and masked!) Monkey who 'supervises' the produce department at a local (and cool) supermarket---

Nearby, in the same store, a Chocolate Easter Bunny whose expression seems to indicate he might be happier elsewhere---

Then a classic shot which probably millions of photographers have taken, are taking, and will take: of my own shadow. This one was taken using the Q7's 'Bold Monochrome' setting---

Then something simple from my daily walk: a dead leaf on top of a hedge. But a monochrome treatment seemed better than the original colour version---

One more black & white version (lightly tweaked in Nik plug-ins & Lightroom) of a cloudscape I took on the rural outskirts of the small town where I live---

And finally another available light shot - of a lunchbox I bought in an Indian market, which features a portrait of the Hindu deity Shiva. This last shot was taken with the Q7's 'Bleach Bypass' filter, which somehow seemed just right for the vibe of this image---

I have to say, again: what a cool camera this is.
the bleach bypass definitely nailed the feel of it. Which is something I enjoy with the Q - it's built in filters are both fun and really good. So can take a quick pic without having to face lots of processing time later.
04-15-2021, 07:01 PM - 3 Likes   #6568
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

On final approach...

I had an opportunity to accompany Tara, my bestie (white hat), on a photo excursion in a low wing monoplane. I brought a couple DSLRs and a couple lenses but as I was headed out the door I grabbed a Q7 and mounted the 03 Fisheye lens and slipped it in a pocket. Here we are on final approach.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q7  Photo 
04-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #6569
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
I had an opportunity to accompany Tara, my bestie (white hat), on a photo excursion in a low wing monoplane. I brought a couple DSLRs and a couple lenses but as I was headed out the door I grabbed a Q7 and mounted the 03 Fisheye lens and slipped it in a pocket. Here we are on final approach.
Cool aerial shot! Makes me remember why flying is stressful.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla
04-23-2021, 07:34 PM   #6570
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote

That little 03 fisheye takes some beautiful pictures, like yours there!

---------- Post added 04-23-21 at 07:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DonV Quote
Cactus flower- "Christmas Cactus" or maybe it's an "Easter" cactus. Just 5 days till Easter this year and blooming.
Pentax Q7: first picture with 01 prime lens, second crop of 03 fish eye shot.
Gorgeous pics - especially the Fisheye one. Is like a Dali painting come alive.