Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2012, 02:23 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the Q MF with external monitor

Hi Guys,

I just discovered that you can connect AV cable ( Yellow+white RCA) to the external monitor and you would get the Live View of the sensor.
same goes with K7 and KX ( just tested), making manual focusing even more easier, magnification obviously still works.
do not have micro HDMI cable so can not test that output but I think I remember someone stating that Q switches automatically to playback mode after HDMI is connected.
so, need to look for used LCD field portable monitor now........

01-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Interesting. Seems like I tried this before the firmware update and it wouldn't work. If I remember correctly it wouldn't fire with cable plugged in. I was using the RCA jacks. Will check out again. Hope they have fixed it.
thanks
barondla
01-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
well, it does work with 02, I can manually focus with 4x and take a picture -no problem.
I do not have any MF lenses ( 03,04 or 05) and I do not have K/Q adaptor as yet to try MF K or M42 lenses.
my friend has a Marshall ( reminds me good old british valve guitar amp) portable field LCD monitor, will try to borrow it when I get back from Europe and get my K/Q adaptor.
kind regards
jack