Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2013, 08:16 PM   #601
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
love the pictures everyone!!! the q really adds another level of excitement to photography...if i could only figure out how to focus in flight i would have it made

02-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #602

QuoteOriginally posted by dc1500 Quote
Here in the UK I used one from a Kmart type shop called Wilkinsons. It was water based and gave an incredible flat black that didn't show the brush marks. Very durable and scratch proof as well which surprised me but I guess paint technology has come a long way since my model making days as a kid! Trouble is I now have 249ml of 250ml left!
Dave
Revell matt black from ebay. No.6 or 8. $2+post.
02-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #603
Pentaxian

Why is everyone painting their adapters? Is this another level of the Qlub that I don't know about??
02-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #604
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by littledrawe Quote
Why is everyone painting their adapters? Is this another level of the Qlub that I don't know about??
It is for the Fotodiox (generic) adapters - not the genuine Pentax adapters.

The adapter has a slightly gloss black finish to it. A couple Qemnbers found that with certain lenses, there was some light bouncing around in the adapter, or should I say reflecting around. A quick coat of flat black paint seems to have solved the problem.

02-17-2013, 06:11 PM - 2 Likes   #605
Lens Buying Addict

I just thought I would state my appreciation of the images everyone has posted on this thread. Today I discovered:
  • Never expect to achieve focus on an object 250 yards away, handheld, from the driver's seat of a running vehicle with a 105mm 35 year old lens
  • Never expect to erect a tripod on the sidewalk bordering a High School parking lot and NOT have a minivan cycle by at the moment you press the Remote button
  • Minivans cycling by are directly correlated to motion blur when using a tripod on the sidewalk bordering a High School parking lot
  • With 4x Focus Assist and Focus Peaking I can see very clearly that upon which I cannot achieve focus
  • Never expect to just routinely understand the mechanics of an electronic stepless shutter in an OEM accessory and achieve decent (if unfocused) exposure at f/32 on the native lens and f/(many tries) on the adapter. f/1.8 seemed to work. Anything above f/1.8 was totally washed out (Huh?)
  • Everything I have ever written about an LCD being perfectly visible in bright sunlight while wearing a wide-brimmed hat was ..... wrong
  • The ratio of Passersby who think the Q and adapter is cool to those who sniff at Pentax is 1:1
  • If all of the above is true at 105, just go home for the day and apply screen protectors. You need to do more work before you even THINK about 135 and 200.

I had a blast.

I think there might be ONE image I can clean up enough to post - I'll add it later.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-19-2013 at 07:57 AM.
02-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #606
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
... Never expect to achieve focus on an object 250 yards away, handheld, from the driver's seat of a running vehicle with a 105mm 35 year old lens...
Yep, it took me couple of hours of trying and several hundred expletives in a nasty foreign dialect to arrive at the same conclusion
02-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #607
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yellow Crowned Night Heron

Walking on a nature walk bridge in Punta Gorda I found a Yellow Crowned Night Heron and a sleeping Little Green Heron in some mangroves. Couldn't get a clear shot but managed something. Fotodiox adapter with SMC-M 135 3.5 @ f8 hand held. Also this GBH was posing so I couldn't resist a few shots, same lens.

Hans
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
02-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #608
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Walking on a nature walk bridge in Punta Gorda I found a Yellow Crowned Night Heron and a sleeping Little Green Heron in some mangroves. Couldn't get a clear shot but managed something. Fotodiox adapter with SMC-M 135 3.5 @ f8 hand held. Also this GBH was posing so I couldn't resist a few shots, same lens.

Hans
sweet!!

02-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #609
Loyal Site Supporter

a few macro shots with the qk adapter and the dfa 100...i started with the pk adapter set at setting 1 but got too much purple fringing so moved it to 2-4 depending on the shot...you can look at some of the other pictures and see the normal shot of what i was taking

gumball

IMGP0590
by pearsaab, on Flickr

IMGP0590 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

inside of a crocus

IMGP0604
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGP0604 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

a weed with a tiny weeny flower

IMGP0617
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGP0617 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

innards of camille flower not completely open

IMGP0597
by pearsaab, on Flickr

IMGP0597 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

lariope black fruit/seed

IMGP0595
by pearsaab, on Flickr
IMGP0595 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
02-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #610
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
gumball
This one in particular is a nice demonstration of the depth of field advantage of the Q for macro.
02-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #611
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
This one in particular is a nice demonstration of the depth of field advantage of the Q for macro.
i was really surprised at how well it did and look forward to doing some live bugs when they come out in the spring
02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #612
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
i was really surprised at how well it did and look forward to doing some live bugs when they come out in the spring
If your crocus are up, bugs can't be too far behind.

Nice macros!
02-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #613
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Walking on a nature walk bridge in Punta Gorda I found a Yellow Crowned Night Heron and a sleeping Little Green Heron in some mangroves. Couldn't get a clear shot but managed something. Fotodiox adapter with SMC-M 135 3.5 @ f8 hand held. Also this GBH was posing so I couldn't resist a few shots, same lens. Hans
Very nice assortment of herons.
02-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #614
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
If your crocus are up, bugs can't be too far behind.

Nice macros!
bob i'm ready for spring!!!
02-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #615
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
a few macro shots with the qk adapter and the dfa 100...i started with the pk adapter set at setting 1 but got too much purple fringing so moved it to 2-4 depending on the shot...you can look at some of the other pictures and see the normal shot of what i was taking

gumball]
Very nice shots, this is one of the reasons I got a Q, thanks for the inspiration.

Hans