Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 179 Likes Search this Thread
04-17-2013, 04:29 AM   #721

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Can someone give me an ebay link to a third party adapter with aperture dial that would work ok? I'm seeing pictures of adapters that don't have the "open - lock" positions defined on them and I don't want to buy the wrong kind.
I don't have the money to buy the Pentax one sadly.

04-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #723

Thank you. I know I'm asking a lot, but is there one on Ebay as well? Amazon's shipping can be somewhat costly (I live in Europe). I tried searching on local Ebay sites (ebay.co.uk and ebay.de) but failed miserably for one with an aperture dial.
04-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #724
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by BeerBelly Quote
Thank you. I know I'm asking a lot, but is there one on Ebay as well? Amazon's shipping can be somewhat costly (I live in Europe). I tried searching on local Ebay sites (ebay.co.uk and ebay.de) but failed miserably for one with an aperture dial.
Yes but they are more expensive for the same item. Pentax PK A AF Da Lens to Pentax Q Cirrus Adapter Aperture Ring Tripod Mount | eBay

FYI avoid the KIWI brand adapter. It has an aperture ring but the range is limited from what others tell.

04-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #725

Shame about that price yes. Thank you again for the links and of course for being one of the first few to try the "Qanon" cam

Btw, I'm guessing this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fotodiox-Adapter-Q-Series-Mirrorless-Cameras/dp/B006...odiox+pentax+q is the wrong one?
04-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #726
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BeerBelly Quote
Shame about that price yes. Thank you again for the links and of course for being one of the first few to try the "Qanon" cam

Btw, I'm guessing this: Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Pentax K: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo is the wrong one?
That one does not have the aperture ring. You will not be able to use it with newer lenses that do not have their own aperture control ring. You need to look for the one that specifies aperture ring feature.
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #727
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A very windy video that I shot with the DA 300/4 up in a bird watching tower. The shaking is the whole tower shaking and it was so windy that once my K-5 + grip + DA*55/1.4 actually moved on the table besides me!

04-19-2013, 05:37 PM   #728
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
A very windy video that I shot with the DA 300/4 up in a bird watching tower. The shaking is the whole tower shaking and it was so windy that once my K-5 + grip + DA*55/1.4 actually moved on the table besides me!
It was so windy, our geese ended up in Sweden!
04-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #729
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
It was so windy, our geese ended up in Sweden!
Dunno why they are called "Canada geese" as they love spreading their poo all over Sweden too!
They are basically all over the place from spring to late autumn and sometimes stay all year round.
04-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #730

Photos: Albums
I'm finding the reach of the Q pretty helpful for getting shots of wild ducks and other waterfowl that never let you get very close. Weather around here has been lousy lately so I'm not getting a lot of light to work with. Nonetheless, still managing to get shots of birds that are new, interesting and good enough for me. This is a horned grebe, the shots cleaned up in Lightroom and moderately cropped:

04-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #731
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Whoa that is windy. Nice video.
04-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #732
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NotSteve Quote
I'm finding the reach of the Q pretty helpful for getting shots of wild ducks and other waterfowl that never let you get very close. Weather around here has been lousy lately so I'm not getting a lot of light to work with. Nonetheless, still managing to get shots of birds that are new, interesting and good enough for me. This is a horned grebe, the shots cleaned up in Lightroom and moderately cropped:
Nice looking grebe. I like the lunchtime one it is very interesting watching them I bet.
04-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #733
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I tried to get shots of cliff swallows today but I think they are sitting on eggs already.
Hopefully once they hatch there will be more to see?

04-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #734

A shot of the moon during the day. Lens used was the Sigma 300mm f4 macro + Sigma 1.4x teleconverter.

Will try to get some shots of the moon tonight.
04-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #735

And the night shot, improved a lot considering sharpness and contrast.