Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 28 Likes Search this Thread
04-23-2012, 04:34 AM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Since I already have two K-x DSLRs, which do everything I want them to do, I'm kinda of "meh" about the K-01. On the other hand, I would love to have a Q. It's too pricey though.

04-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #137

I honestly think Pentax Q will find its own market, and the only real huge defect is its price. Thinking about it yes, it won't have a bigger sensor because it would imply totally different dimensions. Still I would like one instead of my wife's Fujifilm F550EXR. And, the Q is getting cheaper.

As for the K-01 successor that will not have a viewfinder accessory I honestly doubt: leaving aside the design which is a bit like Marmite, the only real draw back is the lack of an EVF, amply criticised on pentaxforums and other review sites.
I think Ricoh-Pentax will correct their first attempt, otherwise they are stupid.
04-23-2012, 07:09 AM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
ya and hope for the best haha... But with the zone plates shouldnt be a problem, I have one for my skink hole thats bright and wide can be shot handheld...
I've read a little about zone plates and apparently have absorbed nothing, but I've never used one nor talked to anyone who has. Do they really transmit substantial light?
04-25-2012, 04:20 AM   #139

They just made a pink Pentax Q in Japan and OMG it looks cute!!!!!!!!

04-25-2012, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #140

QuoteOriginally posted by junototoro Quote
They just made a pink Pentax Q in Japan and OMG it looks cute!!!!!!!!
LOL

via
It seems it's made in collaboration with LOEWE
04-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #141

Exactly. Those bags are very pricey -.-
04-25-2012, 05:16 AM   #142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Here in Singapore, there are at least 5 of us with the Pentax Q and our other main camera is the K5. We have poisoned a few others too. One of the guys has all the lenses except for the fish-eye.

04-25-2012, 05:25 AM   #143

Definitely attracts the Asian crowds more. Pentax always seems to have cute products.

What do you guys think of the Q versus Lumix LX5?
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM   #144
Veteran Member

Definitely attracts the Asian crowds more. Pentax always seems to have cute products.

I have both my LX5 is collecting dust right now.

Christine might get a Pentax Q now
04-25-2012, 08:09 AM   #145

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I have both my LX5 is collecting dust right now.

Christine might get a Pentax Q now
How does the image sharpness and quality comparing with LX5?
04-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #146

I am Italian and attracts me too (シ) Not in pink though!
Honestly, that's a super wicked camera that could take place of the point & shoot quite easily
I'd like a black one re-leathered in yellow, please.
04-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #147
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
Here in Singapore, there are at least 5 of us with the Pentax Q and our other main camera is the K5. We have poisoned a few others too. One of the guys has all the lenses except for the fish-eye.
The fisheye is the most fun lens though!
04-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #148
Veteran Member

How does the image sharpness and quality comparing with LX5?
With my non-critical eyes i'd say they're the same but i'm not one to get into the nitty gritty of making an image i'm all for composition.
04-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #149
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I said it before and I'll say it again. The issue with everyone that looks down their nose at the Q is that they cannot understand this device until they buy it and use it.

I'll admit, I thought it was the stupidest thing on the planet once I saw one in person... sitting next to a Canon EOS 5D MKII w/EF 85mm 1.2 of all things... But after owning the Sony NEX5N, Oly EPL3 and the Nikon J1/V1 I decided to give the Q a try. After one weekend I can honestly say I prefer the Q over the "competition". I use quotes because no one considers the M4/3 or NEX5N to be competitors. But they are in the small "pocketable" camera market.

The Q is the only one that is truly pocketable in my opinion. And that is not its biggest selling point. The biggest selling point is how awesome the photos are, and how the Q commands you to use a different part of your mind when your shooting.

That's the problem with the Q. It invokes you to think differently when your shooting. Or it least it does for me.

The things that could kill the Q are:
Pentax killing support (roadmap shows this isn't going to happen)
Pentax not developing a sequel
Pentax not advertising it properly to get it into more peoples hands.

It's worth the coin. Everyone that owns one will tell you that.

The K01 now is a camera I just wouldn't buy. I saw one in the store, molested it because I love camera gear and I was intrigued. But I really don't like the looks of it, don't like the ergonomics of it, and I don't see the point of it as I got the K5 and I don't do videos. The shopkeep did tell me they sold more preorders for the K01 than they have Q units in total. (only 3 Q units moved out of my local store.) So I don't think it will fail. It's a neat camera, just not for me.

Q just dropped in price again. EVERYONE GO GET ONE NOW!!!!!

Last edited by Wired; 04-26-2012 at 12:11 PM.
04-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #150

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
.....Q just dropped in price again. EVERYONE GO GET ONE NOW!!!!!
Only if I weren't broke!