Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #76
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Yup. It's strange but I like the Q more than the K-5. Go figure.
I certainly carry mine more than my K5. I wish it had a proper viewfinder, but that would take away a lot of it's size advantage. Perhaps in future models they will come up with a clip on electronic finder as an option to the optical one.

02-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #77
Site Supporter

Exactly, i guess it wouldn't be too much asking for a shared optional EVF btw GXR and Q2 for instance ?
02-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Exactly, i guess it wouldn't be too much asking for a shared optional EVF btw GXR and Q2 for instance ?
Now that the companies fall under the same banner I would imagine this will be the future (as will shared flash systems since ricoh desperately needs a decent flash setup - so much so it makes the current Pentax one look good )

I hope the Focus Peaking in the K-01 is the Ricoh system since it is pretty damn good

there are a lot of spots for synergies here i think and accessory compatability is a huge one.
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i'm contributing to the failure so i picked up a fisheye today...that thing is tiny...someone on saturday will be testing it out as i have nothing interesting "EVER" to shoot

02-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #80
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
i'm contributing to the failure so i picked up a fisheye today...that thing is tiny...someone on saturday will be testing it out as i have nothing interesting "EVER" to shoot
Fisheyes make everything interesting, silly...
02-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Fisheyes make everything interesting, silly...
if you get close enough
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #82
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
if you get close enough
Hm, I suppose that goes for macro lenses as well then - which also can make anything interesting
02-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Well, today I ordered my very own two lens q kit. Cann't wait for it to arrive. Am already pondering how to sell what to raise more funds for an adapter and the fish eye.

02-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #84
Pentaxian

Sell a kid?

but i'd hold off for pentax's PK/Q adapter, then you can use whatever K mount you have but they're all going to be long...lol *unless you got an 8 floating around*
02-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Sell a kid?

I have three very handsome sons, one with curley hair and a very deep bass voice (but he is married) and one with hair white like the white of a swans feathers and muscles like a gorilla and one with soft shiny silky long honeycolored hair and hazelnut eyes and he looks like a byzantin king but unfortunately he is very biodivers, you need to speak a special language to be able to communicat with him .... you know of a special market where women like to sell/buy, eh, an extra "husband"?

I fear no matter what adapter, all are overpowering poor q. But it is going to be fun to be fun to be fun ...
02-18-2012, 04:44 AM - 1 Like   #86

There's too much sensor snobbery surrounding the Q. I have one, I also have a K-5, and an Olympus E-PM1. The Q holds it's own very nicely, it is a joy to use, I like it a lot, it is easy to always have around, and because it is so tiny, it gives me instant photo opportunity gratification. It functions like a camera, not a compact, and I don't care one bit that is has a tiny sensor. So, it's not a failure for me anyway.
02-20-2012, 06:55 AM   #87
Pentaxian

I was at the local car show, apart from someone using a white Kx with kit lens i was the only other with a Pentax and a Q but i really enjoyed taking photos for a few hours because i didn't once think to myself, "my arms are tired" sure there were many P&Ss and ipads and iphones. BUT none of them had a fisheye or was as compact with a fisheye. I did notice after each shot people behind me were trying to see what camera i was using as most of my shots were less than a foot away from the subject. I also did not have people walking between me and what i was shooting. If anything i failed to take some good shots as i didn't venture past the auto setting
02-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Yesterday I took the q to the zoo to the stressiest environment I can think off: holydays with multitudes of happy bouncingrunningshoutinglaughing children, parents and grandparents (in different stadia of happiness stress worried searching haggard looking is everyone there or just not). To the bush, the dessert and the ocean.
Had some great moments, one of them standing next to a guy with a backpack so large it could hold a toddler only it was his equipment and some big cam with huge flash and monster tripod. Well, flash is not allowed in the ocean and the tripod was a trip over pod for all the runracing children. I had great results with the q. Wb is not half bad and could be well adjusted, af worked most of the time even in the really dark dark deep sea part of the aquarium (no any light there just some tiny footlights). Had to trick it a bit though.
I have ordered a few spare batteries, one is not enough.
Also acquired the fish eye. My husband brought it home last night, after work he picked me one up at Foka's Rotterdam.
I think q is quite the hilarious fun quetie.
02-21-2012, 08:56 AM - 5 Likes   #89

The thing about the Q Its not one of those products you buy, and ends up sitting in drawer because you were disappointed with it. There is something about it that inspires you to go out and shoot pictures. If Pentax were to discontinue the Q and the price dropped too 300 hundred dollars. All the Q haters would go out and get one and whine about the fact that Pentax never gave it a fair chance.
02-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #90
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMom Felua Quote
Yesterday I took the q to the zoo to the stressiest environment I can think off: holydays with multitudes of happy bouncingrunningshoutinglaughing children, parents and grandparents (in different stadia of happiness stress worried searching haggard looking is everyone there or just not). To the bush, the dessert and the ocean.
Had some great moments, one of them standing next to a guy with a backpack so large it could hold a toddler only it was his equipment and some big cam with huge flash and monster tripod. Well, flash is not allowed in the ocean and the tripod was a trip over pod for all the runracing children. I had great results with the q. Wb is not half bad and could be well adjusted, af worked most of the time even in the really dark dark deep sea part of the aquarium (no any light there just some tiny footlights). Had to trick it a bit though.
I have ordered a few spare batteries, one is not enough.
Also acquired the fish eye. My husband brought it home last night, after work he picked me one up at Foka's Rotterdam.
I think q is quite the hilarious fun quetie.
Which animals did you shoot, the ones inside or outside?