Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: So which looks more stealthy?
Black 1768.00%
White 416.00%
Both 28.00%
Neither 28.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Which looks better?

Q black

Q white

02-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Small and black will blend in better.
02-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Okay thanks everyone, just got back home and ordered the black one from prodigital 2000. I just thought the lenses matched well with the white body so i turned to you all ...thanks again.

So i paid as of today for the standard lense kit, $576.35 CAD. Now i don't have to change my avatar
02-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I voted "both". Stealthy is in the eyes of the beholder, I would think, and I can't really judge what others see.

Even as a pretty experienced photographer, from the perspective of a subject, I see small quiet cameras as being less intimidating and unobtrusive, but the attitude and manners of the photographer enter into the picture also, so sometimes the physical aspects of the camera matter even less. in the distant past, I viewed black cameras as more professional, but all of that has pretty much been tossed aside in the past few years. . .

I was originally attracted to the white, but chose the black for practical considerations. I tend to get dirty, so I don't do white well, in clothes, cars, or much of anything really. . .

Scott

02-03-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Now i'm going to have to find lenshade and OVF as this might be the only lens i might use.
02-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Congratulations Clicker! The Q is so much fun to shoot. It is very hard to put down. My Panasonic LX2 sits unused along with my Olympus m4/3 ELP1. Only my Pentax K7 has logged regular time in the last 4 months. My other 6 DSLRs mostly sit.
thanks
barondla

Check out P&S Contest #50 winners in compact camera forum. Enter #51. Any brand camera. Q is invited. Enter now!
02-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, i haven't gotten it as yet just ordered today and i find out TOMORROW is Pentax Day oh well it's going to be film and scan ... just ordered the shade with cap from a JJC reseller off ebay in NYC so hopefully it arrives with my Q.
02-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have black Q +01 +02 , they look fantastic , still waiting for both hoods and spare battery - ~ 2weeks now , Chinese New Year despatching was closed in JAN.
get a spare battery or even two, they are extremely small and cheap - US$3.99 incl Int'l Shipping
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r

02-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Definetly taking the Q out tomorrow for Pentax Day. Not going to be an easy shoot since I have to work all day and it is supposed to rain the whole time. sigh.

Film and scan sounds like fun! Hadn't even considered that option. Dad got an Epson scanner for Christmas. Hmm. Not sure I could get the film developed in the 2 week time frame.

Make sure you do the firmware updates for the Q & lens. It really makes the Q perform. Also check out Wouter Brandsma's blog about the Q. Well worth the read.
thanks
barondla