Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #1

New Q lenses coming

From this press release reported by dpreview...the "Mount Cap Lens" sounds like maybe a pinhole?

Pentax Ricoh shows off lenses in development for K, Q and 645 mounts at CP+: Digital Photography Review

Model name (tentative): TELEPHOTO ZOOM

Telephoto zoom lens (high-performance-lens series) for use with Q mount interchangeable-lens digital camera
Exceptional image rendition for sharp, high-contrast images, even at the edges of the image field, thanks to the state-of-the-art optical design
Market launch scheduled for 2012

Model name (tentative): MOUNT CAP LENS

Unifocal standard lens (unique-lens series) for use with Q mount interchangeable-lens digital camera
Eye-catching “body mount cap” design, along with a toy-camera-like visual effect
Market launch scheduled for 2012

Model name: Adapter Q for K mount lens

Lens adapter for mounting a K mount lens onto a Q mount interchangeable-lens digital camera body
Built-in shutter unit; manual-focus operation only
Market launch scheduled for spring 2012

02-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Isn't there already a thrid-party K/Q adapter?

I hope they're all with metal connectors?
02-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are 3rd party adapters, but none of them have a built-in shutter. Having a shutter assumes some form of electrical contact, at least between the body and adapter. We can hope that this contact will extend to the lens as well, it would be handy to have focal length information (for SR) and lens name in the EXIF.
Icing on the cake would be an A setting with requisite mechanics to stop down the lens from the camera.
02-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A shutter in the K to Q adapter would be nice so maybe we can do flash sync at faster than 1/13 sec. But I'm disappointed there is no compact wide prime listed. I'd love a 28mm or 35mm equivalent prime lens.

02-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excited about the new lenses and acessories. Don't think the bodycap lens will be a pinhole. The original 110 camera had a panfocus lens. That would be easy to build and useful on the Q.

The tele zoom lens will be a great addition to the Q. Nice to have a tele with af. "50-200" effective range will be a lens that all Q owners want. Hope max aperture is f4.5 or bighter. F3.5 or 4 would be wonderful. I would live with a larger lens in this instance to get a more usable lens.

The adapter sounds great. Not sure why we need a built in shutter. It would allow faster flash sync but almost any K lens on the Q is major tele. So how often can you use flash with long tele lenses? Might work for macro ( DFA100 macro would be sweet). It would also allow longer than 2 second time exposures. But this must be an expensive adapter. The Q may be the first camera system to employ 3 different shutters! Wow.

Would still love a macro lens ( the telezoom might do macro). Also a fast "35" and a wider than "28" ( 5mm).
a macro extension tube would be sweet.

Thank you Ricoh!
barondla
saving my money for more Q equipment.