Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax announces Q Silver

Pentax Q Limited Silver announced

"Pentax Ricoh Imaging Co. has today announced its latest limited-edition camera variant, this time based around the tiny Pentax Q.
The Pentax Q Limited Silver continues the company's long-standing tradition of releasing silver-bodied cameras that offer a retro aesthetic."

Last edited by Docrwm; 02-08-2012 at 07:13 AM.
02-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
AND ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT

I'd love to see a picture of a silver Q.. although I think silver will be a little mismatched on it
02-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thing is, Pentax hasn't announced it yet! Plus, it's just a plain old Q with a different color!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It's official
PENTAX Q Limited Silver
A stylish, silver-color, special edition of the pocket-size interchangeable-lens digital camera
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX Q Limited Silver. Available in a limited quantity of just 1,600 units worldwide, this special-edition model offers all the benefits of the recently introduced PENTAX Q interchangeable-lens digital camera, including an ultra-compact, super-lightweight body.
Launched in August, 2011, the PENTAX Q has been extremely well-received by users who demand a compact interchangeable-lens digital camera for casual, effortless digital photography. Developed in response to the request of many consumers, this limited-edition model is treated with an exclusive silver-color coating for the elegant look of a classical camera, while matching in color with high-performance Q mount interchangeable lenses.
The PENTAX Q Limited Silver package includes the easy-to-handle PENTAX-02 STANDARD ZOOM lens that covers wide-angle to medium-telephoto focal lengths, while the camera’s firmware has been upgraded to the latest version (Ver.1.01) to assure improved resolution at the Fine Sharpness setting.
Note: The specifications of the camera body are same as those of the PENTAX Q standard model, except for the firmware.

02-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Thing is, Pentax hasn't announced it yet! Plus, it's just a plain old Q with a different color!
But everyone knows that Silver is the most special color to Pentax of all! Imagine seeing a FA* lens on the Q, now it'll match!
02-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
It's official

PENTAX Q Limited Silver
A stylish, silver-color, special edition of the pocket-size interchangeable-lens digital camera
PENTAX RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX Q Limited Silver. Available in a limited quantity of just 1,600 units worldwide, this special-edition model offers all the benefits of the recently introduced PENTAX Q interchangeable-lens digital camera, including an ultra-compact, super-lightweight body.
Launched in August, 2011, the PENTAX Q has been extremely well-received by users who demand a compact interchangeable-lens digital camera for casual, effortless digital photography. Developed in response to the request of many consumers, this limited-edition model is treated with an exclusive silver-color coating for the elegant look of a classical camera, while matching in color with high-performance Q mount interchangeable lenses.
The PENTAX Q Limited Silver package includes the easy-to-handle PENTAX-02 STANDARD ZOOM lens that covers wide-angle to medium-telephoto focal lengths, while the camera’s firmware has been upgraded to the latest version (Ver.1.01) to assure improved resolution at the Fine Sharpness setting.
Note: The specifications of the camera body are same as those of the PENTAX Q standard model, except for the firmware.
Yup. I know its just a new color for the Q but in the context of 2 new cameras, multiple new K mount lens announcements, a Q-to-K adapter, tethering, etc. I thought this just added icing to the cake - you know, the cake that all the Pentax is DOOMED folks are eating about now.
02-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

All I can say is ..... FINALLY!!!! Pentax has at last heard and responded to the crys of this community.

02-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Like we say in french

Bravo
02-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I made your link a little more patriotic- hope you don't mind. Plus, I think you'll appreciate the humor! Good luck on getting a silver Q if that's what you're after

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Wow, the Q actually looks like a nice little camera with that paint job.
02-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Crazy number of announcements coming out of Pentax....it's refreshing.
02-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Just saw the picture, it looks just lovely in that color scheme! Almost like a mini film camera!
02-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #13
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I'd say it looks better than my X10, I love the looks of it! If it had a viewfinder I would seriously try to own one. I hope someone here gets one, great looking camera.

Make it just a little larger, put a viewfinder on it, and a K5 sensor...and Pentax couldn't make enough of them to keep up with the sales.

Regards!
02-08-2012, 03:46 AM   #14

The flash seems different
02-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
maye a Q-2 is on the way ? Pentax always o limited edition when a Body is or will soon be discontinued.