02-08-2012, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You need a Sony lens cap and a Olympus strap to make it complete
02-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
lol, i got one of those Canon Pro straps from CPS...that should work well and when the third party hood and cap comes in *THREE WEEKS from HK* i'll put a "Hello Kitty" sticker on it
02-08-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Clicker,

Then I guess mine's a Leica/Pentax/Ricoh hybrid! -- a Leitaxoh

Scott

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Damit where'd you get that OVF? is it close to 47mm?
I like the handstrap BUT you need a "hello kitty" sticker on that cap...LOL
02-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Damit where'd you get that OVF? is it close to 47mm?
I like the handstrap BUT you need a "hello kitty" sticker on that cap...LOL
Hi Clicker,

I picked it up at a local camera show for $30. This one's my "beater" for everyday carry in my jacket pocket. It's pretty beat up, and has a number of scratches in the glass, but it's completely serviceable.

I actually have a really nice one too that I picked up from a collector friend, but that one cost me over 3x as much, and I'd be upset if I ruined it by carrying it every day.

It's a Leica Brightline 50, so has @ a 50mm FOV on 35mm. It's about a foot tight on each side of the frame at @ 6 feet, but the VF doens't magnify, so I can shoot with both eyes open without my brain freaking out, and I find it easy to compensate mentally to get pretty accurate framing with the 01 prime. It doesn't have a mechanical parallax correction, but there's a dotted horizontal frame line under the top line that can be used as an aid to shoot at distances under @ 6 ft and remind me to compensate when shooting closer.

Unfortunately, they're long discontinued, but since getting the Q, I've seen at least 3 available at different times from KEH in their Collectables/Leica Screwmount/Prisms and Viewfinders section, but at prices higher than I paid for either of mine. Voightlander also more recently made almost an exact copy of this one, but it's also now discontinued.

The handstrap is very important for me, as it allows me to manipulate all the controls and buttons one-handed with complete security. I had a lot of doubts about the design before actually getting it, but once I started using it, found it ingenious, and now can't imagine using the Q without it. It's a Camdapter "Camstrap", and though a bit pricey at $30 + $6 shipping, well worth the cost if one doesn't mind a bit of extra bulk. A super high quality accessory, but not for everyone. . .

I've considered the Hello Kitty sticker, but am really more of a G.I. Joe/Tansformers kinda guy. . .

Scott
02-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
LOL @ sticker choices

Thanks for the sourcing info, i'm probably going with the BlackRapid strap Snapr if i don't pack it away. I'm beginning to understand the "why" of this camera...today i walked by the store a few times debating for or against getting the rest of the lenses as it's not really that much more of an investment...then my phone rang and i had to scoot
I'm hoping for some sample of the other lenses by users in here.

02-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

ok those pictures of the pentax q are just too cute. this is not good. i don't need a 3rd body.
02-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #9
Veteran Member

snostorm, your setup looks about perfect for me! now I just need to find the cash!
02-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
ok those pictures of the pentax q are just too cute. this is not good. i don't need a 3rd body.

Yes you do.
Mine came today
02-21-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My 01 lenshood and cap from JJC came in yesterday "A HOLIDAY"?!?! ...now i know there's a "Hello Kitty" sticker out there waiting for me

02-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dont forget the Nikon carry pouch ! Everyone loves a pedigree mongrol lol
02-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
Veteran Member

that little hood & cap looks great
02-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by westmill Quote
Dont forget the Nikon carry pouch ! Everyone loves a pedigree mongrol lol
I find i always toss the cases rght after using them a few times but yes a pedigree mongrol goes everywhere

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
that little hood & cap looks great
snostorm got his and probably devorama and a few others way before me while i was waiting for "issues" to show up ...that never came but the price did drop

i'm thinking of ways to customize this shade and cover...i have a printer and some paper with glue on one side...i just need an idea...otherwise it's "hello kitty"...the women get close when they see a "Hello Kitty" guy...i believe they think it's safe *evil grin* lol
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I knew there was sumthing missing...... that lens needs eye lashes !..... Sorted !