Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
I see you have the lens hood for the 8,5mm lens. Is this made of plastic or metal?
Hi StigVidar,

This is the JJC knockoff (could actually be the OEM mgf if it's outsourced though). It's made of aluminum and a high quality piece for considerably less than the outrageously priced Pentax branded version. I like this one over the other 40.5mm hoods I've found because it doesn't add much to the length of the lens, but is still effective at blocking extraneous light and protecting the front element.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Scott

02-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Hi StigVidar,

This is the JJC knockoff (could actually be the OEM mgf if it's outsourced though). It's made of aluminum and a high quality piece for considerably less than the outrageously priced Pentax branded version. I like this one over the other 40.5mm hoods I've found because it doesn't add much to the length of the lens, but is still effective at blocking extraneous light and protecting the front element.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Scott
Thank you!! Didn't know something like that existed other than from Pentax.
02-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Make the Q a little bigger...the size of my X10 body, give it to me in the black with silver version and with the Fuji OVF and I'm a buyer. I hear it is solid and well made...like my X10...and if it just was a tiny bit larger and with the OVF I think I would have to have it. Nothing I have see from the IQ of the Q has turned me off....I don't think it is better than my X10, but it is certainly not worse....fully acceptable for a small camera.

Currently, I think my Fuji is the best looking camera out there......if they will make one with the silver top and bottom plates, I'll want one for sure.
Regards!

02-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Definitely NOT....

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Make the Q a little bigger...the size of my X10 body, give it to me in the black with silver version and with the Fuji OVF and I'm a buyer. I hear it is solid and well made...like my X10...and if it just was a tiny bit larger and with the OVF I think I would have to have it. Nothing I have see from the IQ of the Q has turned me off....I don't think it is better than my X10, but it is certainly not worse....fully acceptable for a small camera.

Currently, I think my Fuji is the best looking camera out there......if they will make one with the silver top and bottom plates, I'll want one for sure.
Regards!

keep it the same size and build quality, and work on getting better sensors for it.

That little thing is magnificent.

Cheers,
Cameron

03-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
ANother idea on the size of this thing...

It's SMALLER than this:

Incredible little thing.

Cheers,
Cameron
03-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I've held em both, played with em both... The x10 is awesome looking, but the Q looks way better in person then pictures and the build quality is better... I like the look of my Q...

Last edited by wanderography; 03-27-2012 at 07:23 PM.
03-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Nice!

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
I've held em both, played with em both... The x10 is awesome looking, but the Q looks way better in person then pictures and the build quality is better... I like the look of my Q...
What lens is that?

Cheers,
Cameron
03-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
What lens is that?

Cheers,
Cameron
MS Optical Sonnetar 25mm f/1.1.