Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #121
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
but your comparison is not only apples to oranges but also just simply no good. the tools aren't relevant. so the 'tagger' in your first example is only a 'tagger' because he didn't take the time to create what you consider art, not because he couldn't or because he didn't have a wide selection of tools, but simply that he didn't. a real artist could create art with the very same limited tools you bash the tagger for. proving the tools are just as I said, irrelevant. or do you disagree? some artists prefer having wide selection of tools, some prefer to work with limited tools. this goes for photographers as well. Garry winogrand used leica exclusively for his "street" photography (he hated that term) and pretty much noting but moderate wide angles. 28 and 35 predominantly. would you consider him not a real "street" photographer by your ideals? because I'm sure he had a hell of a lot more skill behind the lens than you with one camera and one wide angle lens.
but going back to more traditional art. there are some artists who will only use one medium. one pencil or pen. one brush, one colour. etc, etc. and can have incredible talent, imagination and artistry. are they fake because they chose not to use many pencils pens, brushes, colours, mediums, etc? I would think not. so your argument falls apart rather quickly when you step back and take a real look at things.

like I said, drop your elitist know-it-all attitude, stop labeling people by equipment used or not used and worry about what really matters. the photos. what was used t get them makes no difference at all. none. and it has no bearing at all on wether you are 'real' or 'talented'. your ideals are thus ridiculous, immature and make no sense.
Once again I'm talking about street arts, obviously your prolly a farm boy or grew up somewhere with not so a high population... You can create any kind of art with just one tool no problem... But the streets is an organic object thats forever changing and moving, it's not a canvas stuck to the floor, its not a model in the studio with light shining on it... Your not capturing the full aspect of "street" art with one tool its not possible and it never will be possible, it's like going to war with one gun, one plane, one bomb... It's why backpacks sell very well in the city... Once again I want you to name a famous street photographer who was excepted by the common people and not by just photographers, I dont consider anybody famous unless I've seen him in a popular magazine or on a non photography based show... I'm not trying to present to photographers and thats the main thing with "street" arts, its to show the outside world who you are... You can sell a picture for a million dollars to a photography collector, but to someone outside your little photographer bubble it would make no sense because you captured a scene and not an image... Thats why there are no "real" famous photographers and all photographers are virtually unknown, theyre not walking down the street signing autographs, cause no photographer in the 20th century has captured it well enough to have people remember his name outside the community... Walk around town tell everyone who your favorite photographers are people will look at you like your crazy, people who hate fine art know who picasso is...

Last edited by wanderography; 03-09-2012 at 03:54 PM.
03-09-2012, 03:57 PM   #122
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by bmonki Quote
Once again I'm talking about street arts, obviously your prolly a farm boy or grew up somewhere with not so a high population... You can create any kind of art with just one tool no problem... But the streets is an organic object thats forever changing and moving, it's not a canvas stuck to the floor, its not a model in the studio with light shining on it... Your not capturing the full aspect of "street" art with one tool its not possible and it never will be possible, it's like going to war with one gun, one plane, one bomb... It's why backpacks sell very well in the city...
wow, way to show your ignorance and immaturity. no, I'm not farm boy. never been on one, never ridden a horse or milked a cow. I grew up in three major cities. Ft worth, Houston and San Antonio. all with quite high populations last I checked and plenty of quality street art. I grew up pretty much being raised by hispanics and have seen more than my fair share of 'taggers' and real artists. don't assume you are the only one who knows anything about anything. your comparisons make no sense and its clear that you are simply an elitist with an extremely narrow-minded point of view. you admitted yourself that you can create any kind of art with one tool. no problem. end of discussion, and I'm glad you agree. you seem to not be able to realize that you are defining an entire genre of artistic expression based on your own ideals. I wonder how many street artists would gladly agree with you? and if your ideals are the real deal and nothing else is, how about you show us your work? or are you just a poser with a problem with immaturity and ignorance? for someone nearing 30, I'm honestly shocked at your pitiful attitude. grow up. its about time. also, welcome to my ignore list, so don't bother replying as I won't see it. or go ahead and show your immaturity more, thats up to you. its clear that you could care less about listening to any reason and thin you know it all. good luck getting by in life with that attitude. ill be shocked of you haven't had your ass beat in the streets once or twice parading around with that attitude.
03-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
wow, way to show your ignorance and immaturity. no, I'm not farm boy. never been on one, never ridden a horse or milked a cow. I grew up in three major cities. Ft worth, Houston and San Antonio. all with quite high populations last I checked and plenty of quality street art. I grew up pretty much being raised by hispanics and have seen more than my fair share of 'taggers' and real artists. don't assume you are the only one who knows anything about anything. your comparisons make no sense and its clear that you are simply an elitist with an extremely narrow-minded point of view. you admitted yourself that you can create any kind of art with one tool. no problem. end of discussion, and I'm glad you agree. you seem to not be able to realize that you are defining an entire genre of artistic expression based on your own ideals. I wonder how many street artists would gladly agree with you? and if your ideals are the real deal and nothing else is, how about you show us your work? or are you just a poser with a problem with immaturity and ignorance? for someone nearing 30, I'm honestly shocked at your pitiful attitude. grow up. its about time. also, welcome to my ignore list, so don't bother replying as I won't see it. or go ahead and show your immaturity more, thats up to you. its clear that you could care less about listening to any reason and thin you know it all. good luck getting by in life with that attitude. ill be shocked of you haven't had your ass beat in the streets once or twice parading around with that attitude.
Once again... Like I said, go to war with one gun, see what happens... But you are a texan, lived out near houston for a couple years with the air force, I can see you tryin to go to war with a single pistol... And for your information buddy the street art scene in texas isnt very big or popular, so I doubt you've seen your fair share of real taggers or graffiti artist, thats reserved for, LA, the Bay, and East Coast, well in america that is...
03-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Let's have a look to my first samples...

To begin with, the sonnetars' all metal caps and hood "mounted" for storage, and demounted :

03-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #125
Pentaxian

Original Poster
3 samples @ f/1.1 :

Some CAs around caracters

@ f/2 :

@ f/2.8 :

@ f/4 :

03-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #126
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Let me in too... This lens seems to be purely handcrafted. In a paper issued together with the lens from Mr. Miyazaki, he mentioned that he initially planned to set the price at 48,000 Yen...but since it's made by hand with his old tools available to polish the glasses, resulting in some imperfect points, therefore he at the end of the day decided to set the price at 38,000 Yen instead.

I think solid, sublime & subtle fit the lens appearance

03-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #127
Veteran Member

Welcome to the club, you must have picked up the last one but there should be one more once the element has been replaced.
Can't wait to see you sample images from Japan?

03-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Welcome to the club, you must have picked up the last one but there should be one more once the element has been replaced.
They were sold in store at two locations in japan so I'm guessing there were a lot more available than just the ones on ebay as they were sold $150 more than original price... Quite a bit of sonnetar users from japan are popping up on flickr and around the net...
03-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #129
Veteran Member

They were sold in store at two locations in japan so I'm guessing there were a lot more available than just the ones on ebay as they were sold $150 more than original price... Quite a bit of sonnetar users from japan are popping up on flickr and around the net...
I guess we'll find out just how many as Adam just started a Japanese Pentax forum
03-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #130
Inactive Account

Availability

During the past couple of days, I have seen 4-5 new Sonnetar lenses available at 2 major used camera shops in Tokyo with a price less than 40K Yen.
03-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcwindfall2012 Quote
During the past couple of days, I have seen 4-5 new Sonnetar lenses available at 2 major used camera shops in Tokyo with a price less than 40K Yen.
Yep exactly what I was told by someone on flickr who has the lens but they said one store was sold out, but that was when the lens was first released so I'm guessing more came to market since then... For the non-japanese we payed 54,242.50 yen...
03-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #132
Inactive Account

The number

Yep exactly what I was told by someone on flickr who has the lens but they said one store was sold out, but that was when the lens was first released so I'm guessing more came to market since then... For the non-japanese we payed 54,242.50 yen...
I've heard that Mr. Miyazaki has materials for making Sonnetar only 150 pieces. Because of a rather difficult access for getting the lens from overseas, I'm in doubt how many have been sold?
03-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #133
Inactive Account

A different feeling from Sonnetar

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Here are a few shots....I just found out that the SR function could not be used when equipped with the Sonnetar even though the function is a camera built-in.

03-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcwindfall2012 Quote
I've heard that Mr. Miyazaki has materials for making Sonnetar only 150 pieces. Because of a rather difficult access for getting the lens from overseas, I'm in doubt how many have been sold?
I read the same thing at this one japanese site that keeps updated with MS Optical and the same lens is being made for MFT and he's having trouble with parts and is currently changing suppliers and that his other lens in M Mount will be delayed. I think the ones you have seen might be the last, this is one guy... He's hand assembling new Triplets I think like 150 and when they sell out another 150, and the MFT system sonnetar and I dont know how much longer this dude can keep this pace up... I think he did the Q on a whim but if they keep selling like his other lenses he might produce more...
03-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #135
Veteran Member

I contacted one of the sellers and Japancamerahunter who will ask about numbers so hopefully we'll have an answer this weekend

looks good pcwindfall2012, trying sniping people wide open... it'll be fun

*edit*

Got a reply back from breguetcamera the seller of a few of our lenses, they said a very limited amount and should be no more than 500 pieces in circulation. Still waiting on japancamerahunter who will reply back after speaking to Mr. Miyazaki

*update* reply from "japancamerahunter"
QuoteOriginally posted by japancamerahunter:
There are plans to make about 150 of these in total, though that depends on how the production run goes, it may be less. I don't know exactly how many have sold.
I take it we're the first batch of possibly 10- 20? in the wild if even that many.

Last edited by Clicker; 03-18-2012 at 05:35 AM.