Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #1

Replacement Batteries (3rd Party), an experience?

Just ordered a Pentax Q, and found this package : Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery and Charger Kit for Pentax D-LI68, Pentax Q, Optio A36, Optio S10, Optio S12: Camera & Photo

Has anyone tried these Wasabi 3rd party batteries? Seems like a decent deal for 2 batteries and a charger.

02-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
Well not with this one but I bought one for my K10D and it is working very well. It should be fine but if you really want to be shure that nothing happens to your Q you should take the original. To expensive, but if somethings gets wrong itīs a problem for Pentax. If something is wrong with the 3er party batterie itīs your problem. Well on the oher Hand what shuld went wrong?
02-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hi Dean,

I picked up this package a few weeks ago, and though I obviously can't give you a long term assessment of the batteries, limited use tells me that they seem to be fine. The batteries are rated at 1100 mAh, so should last longer than the OEM. Haven't shot with them enough to confirm this. The company, though is very conscientious. I had bought both this combo and a similar one for my K-5 at the same time, and they made a mistake on the Q set, with the order filler reversing two digits in the battery model. I called them, and they responded immediately, sending out the correct item and providing me with a way to send back the incorrect items at no cost and very little trouble to me.

With the seller's 3 year warranty on both the charger and batteries, I'm not that concerned with how both the batteries and chargers hold up. Of course, they have to stay in business for the term of the warranty to be good, and who knows how that will turn out in this economy. . .

Bottom line, I'm happy with my purchases from them, and very impressed with the Customer Service with my limited experience with dealing with these products and company.

Scott
02-22-2012, 03:25 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I've had some not so great experience with 3rd party batteries before, but I've never tried Wasabi.

02-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm using these (4) so far they similar in frames/full charge.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280760116705?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT