Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gadget bag for a Q system?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Anyone find a small working bag for the Q and a few lenses? I am having a rough time finding "the bag". Want it small like the Q with room for approx 3 Q lenses. Also want to carry Q>Pk adapter and at least the Pentax DA 100 macro. Thinking maybe a small bag with a detachable side pocket for the "big" 100 lens. Haven't seen any bag that even fits the small Q lenses. Any ideas? What are you using? Finding a bag for the Q is as hard as categorizing the Q.
thanks
barondla

02-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm planning on getting a Haven L from crumpler and using that in my canvas satchel, a 2 or 3 million dollar bag would work too. Right now i have a Kata pouch i got from prodigital awhile ago but there's not really too much separation for carry lenses in the main compartment.

Haven (L)
02-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hi barondla,

My current workaround for Q system lenses is to use the tiny socks they make for newborns. They're cheap, fit well and provide some cushioning, but look a little strange. I'm looking at bags also, but the "right" bag eludes me because I still haven't finalized what my normal kit will be though I'm getting closer. I'm not helping myself out by buying new lenses -- just got an A 50/2.8 Macro from the Marketplace -- never had that much use for a 50 macro before, but on the Q, it's a whole different lens. . .and then there's the Q FE that was calling to me when I walked into a local dealer. . .Figuring this out will probably take another month or so. . .part of the problem is that I haven't looked for a bag this small in a long time, so I'm not really familiar with what's out there.

Scott
02-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I forgot all about this one from Thinktank photo, it may seem a little big but i find i'm always wanting space if i get a bag that fits exactly.

Retrospective 5 (Pinestone)?Think Tank Photo

There's also a couple of Domkes

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000VJ3BZG/domkecamerabagsorg-20/

http://www.amazon.com/Domke-F-5XB-Shoulder-Belt-Sand/dp/B0009PATZ2/ref=dp_cp_ob_p_title_0

02-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #5
Inactive Account

One of the other forum members had a picture with their Q kit snub in a bag of somesort. I can't remember the thread but I'm sure they will chime in at some stage.
02-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #6

I got this for Q and easily holds Q with standard lens and the fisheye lens.....it would probably fit another Q lens

Lowepro ILC Classic 50 Shoulder Bag
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004FPIO18/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

I was also looking at the larger version bag....it would fit your 3 lens I think.
Lowepro ILC Classic 100 Shoulder Bag
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lowepro-ILC-Classic-100-Shoulder/dp/B004FPIO1I/ref=s...9995236&sr=8-1

Last edited by Jordan; 02-23-2012 at 04:09 AM. Reason: added more detail and second link
02-23-2012, 05:05 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have Q+01+02 and use old black Sony ex walkman and ex mini disc recorder soft protective pouches and all fit into old Canon bag which came with obviously
Canon camera years ago, can not remember which one.
I also ordered:
C2 SOFT Lens Pouch Case 80mm x 120mm / 3.15" x 4.75 " | eBay
it is a bit better padded than Sony and it is only US$2.80 incl delivery.
It takes about 2 weeks but it is cheap!

02-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
Zou

I'd be tempted to go with a small cartridge bag with lens wraps around the lenses. For example:

Cotton Canvas Cartridge Bag | Barbour
02-23-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
Veteran Member

geographicbags.us, best bags I've used yet, I'm kinda of obsessive with bags been a skater for 24 years of the 27 I've been around. One thing I noticed the biggest and most well payed team has the best bags... National geographic bags are amazing, beyond durable will go to hell and back, no cheap plastic all metal buckles and part. I got the African shoulder bag that can turn into a back pack, its perfect for me...
03-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Okay i went with these for lenses can fit camera +lens and just toss them in what ever messenger i'm toting that day or jacket or pants camera is usually in hand. they offer NO shock protection just anti-scuffing i hope...lol

03-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
Veteran Member

no hello kitty?
03-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
no hello kitty?
lol i'll leave that for Christine ...i'm really more of an "Angry Bird"
I toss everything in a Kata bag, it's like a Kata man purse

something like this (smaller) but discontinued

Digital Hip Pouch For Digital Point And Shoot Cameras With A - DPS | Kata Bags

This is what i actually have

Last edited by Clicker; 03-04-2012 at 07:22 AM.
03-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #13

Cullmann Lagos Vario series:
The Lagos Vario 100 is tiny and carries exactly 1 Q with 01 standard prime (too small for the zoom), 1-2 spare batteries, 2 spare SD-cards and a tiny mini tripod. Its very compact and the ideal travel companion when you are on limited space (aircraft). No space for an extra lens though (maybe for a pancake...).
Then there is the slightly larger Lagos Vario 130 and the Lagos Vario 200 which will take an extra lens.
These cases are very stylish, come in black, grey and brown - a colour tone reminiscent of old red wine, two soft seperators and an SD-pouch, carrying strap etc included:
CULLMANN Foto | Video
(enter Lagos Vario in the search field)

Amazon.de: Cullmann Lagos Vario

Last edited by stern; 03-11-2012 at 02:38 AM.
03-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Just another vote for the ThinkTank Retrospective 5. I recently got me that bag for my K-5 and one or two not too big lenses (or three limiteds) and I simply love it!! I think it would be very nice for a complete Q system including adapter and macro. ThinkTank includes a lot of different sized separators, so it should be a breeze to foresee enough divisions in the bag for lots of smallish items. It has a raincover included, a great strap (best I ever saw), and I love the side bags to drop in a lens cap.

When (if?) I get my Q, the ThinkTank will probably be my bag of preference as well.

Wim
03-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
The Natgeo bags are nice. Forgot that my Olympus E330 kit lives in one. Have to check out the Thinktank bags - have never seen one in person.
Ishpuini, you know you are getting a Q! Once you have used one there is no escape. It just sneaks up on you then it is to late.
thanks
barondla