Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2020, 06:04 PM   #61
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by paulie_ Quote
Hi, please could you recommend me some c-mount or d-mount TELE lens around 25-35mm (not 50mm), that is really sharp and cheaper than 06? Is it possible to find something like this?
Thanks!
Hi, please could you recommend me some c-mount or d-mount TELE lens around 25-35mm (not 50mm), that is really sharp and cheaper than 06? Is it possible to find something like this?Thanks!
I have used a Yvar 36mm f2.8 D mount lens. It has good edge to edge sharpness, you can often find them on Bolex B8 cameras, sometimes in antique stores for about $30-50. They have a long throw so they are slow to focus (manual, of course) but do focus as close as 18 inches. See this YouTube video:

The chrome Cosmicar 25mm f1.4 (c mount) is another good lens, and fast. You can often find them under $40 on eBay. They are somewhat "glowy" wide open, but are very good stopped down a little.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 04-29-2020 at 08:22 AM. Reason: typo
04-29-2020, 10:07 AM   #62

Thank you! Yvar looks like very nice choise.
05-11-2021, 03:35 AM - 1 Like   #63

Hi, I am looking for 75-100mm (around 350-450mm in 35mm) C/D/110 mount tele lens for architecture, mainly for long-distance pictures of entire houses (not for shooting details or segments..) Please could you give me any recommendation? The lens should be able to cover the entire Q7 frame, should be sharp across the frame, without soft glow. Is it possible to find anything suitable?
I was searching in Adapted lenses thread, but there aren't many functional links to photos now or there are a lot of low DOF shoots of flowers, where the sharpness cannot be detected in the edges.
05-11-2021, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you ruling out m42 and K mount ?

05-11-2021, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi, I am looking for 75-100mm (around 350-450mm in 35mm) C/D/110 mount tele lens for architecture, mainly for long-distance pictures of entire houses (not for shooting details or segments..) Please could you give me any recommendation? The lens should be able to cover the entire Q7 frame, should be sharp across the frame, without soft glow. Is it possible to find anything suitable?
I was searching in Adapted lenses thread, but there aren't many functional links to photos now or there are a lot of low DOF shoots of flowers, where the sharpness cannot be detected in the edges.
The only 110 lenses that fit the range are the too short 50mm and just right 70. Both should be sharp at the edges, especially if you add an aperture disc to stop the lens down.

Thanks,
barondla
05-12-2021, 08:37 AM - 1 Like   #66
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Schneider-Kreuznach Makro-Tele-Xenar 75mm F2.8 example in the reference thread looks pretty good to me. But it's not a cheap lens.
Adapted lenses tested on the Q : the reference thread - Page 76 - PentaxForums.com
There's also Tamron CCTV lens in that thread.
Adapted lenses tested on the Q : the reference thread - Page 74 - PentaxForums.com
05-13-2021, 07:41 AM - 2 Likes   #67

Transit: Thank you, K or m42 could be nice, but these lens are too big for my purposes.

barondla + kwb: Thank you, I've just ordered CCTV Tamron 75mm f3.9 from ebay for 30$, Tamron is excelent tip (thanks kwb!). 110/70mm looks very nice also, but Tamron seems to be a little better in resolution and it has the in-lens shutter.