Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Will be interesting to see what the Pentax made adapter brings to the game. I am not that excited about a builtin shutter- but maybe I should be. Seems like it could add more vibration vs an electronic one. It appears to have a sturdier tripod foot than the 3rd party adapter. If the Pentax made adapter allows IS that would be interesting. Also neat if adapted lens would activate image mag automatically like premium Q lenses do.

thanks
barondla

03-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
barondla, that owl eye is awesome!
03-02-2012, 02:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Will be interesting to see what the Pentax made adapter brings to the game. I am not that excited about a builtin shutter- but maybe I should be. Seems like it could add more vibration vs an electronic one.
As the shutter is a leaf shutter, with movement to all directions around the lens axis, there will be no vibration at all.

I too am hoping for SR for manual lenses. It should be made possible in a future firmware.
03-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
As the shutter is a leaf shutter, with movement to all directions around the lens axis, there will be no vibration at all.

I too am hoping for SR for manual lenses. It should be made possible in a future firmware.
Peter is correct about the leaf shutter's negligible vibration.

My main reason for desiring a shutter in Pentax's K to Q adapter is that this will allow higher shutter speeds with flash. In addition to super tele use, I plan to use the Q as a very high magnification handheld bug shooter, but the current 1/13 max sync speed with the electronic shutter is a significant stumbling block to this. Ambient light levels outdoors negate the motion freezing effect a flash can have in this application, so the only alternative with the current shutter is raising the constant light levels to increase shutter speed, and this is a lot more difficult to with the same degree of portability as flash.

I am also hoping for SR for adapted lenses, though it will likely not be very effective at much over about 150mm of actual FL. Shooting over 200mm actual effectively is likely to be pretty much tripod territory IMO.

Scott