Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Site Supporter

LCD turn off option.

I use mine Pentax Q only for Street, I check the options and don't have option(or I did'nt figure out) to turn off the LCD but when I half press the shutter botton the LCD start to work again.... maybe I miss something?

Cheers,
Ricardson

03-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think you can do that- after all, there is no OFV or anything.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Press the info button twice to shut off the screen, with the ovf its fun for fast street photography... Oh ya press info again to turn it back on...
03-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
yes Adam, I'm try to avoid the viewfinder because its too expensive.... but maybe next month I will get one. or wait more to maybe some third party brand can do a VF.

bmonki, like Joe Widfall ( Flickr: joewig's Photostream ) no viewfinder...... nice style but its not working for me...

03-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ricardsonwilliams Quote
yes Adam, I'm try to avoid the viewfinder because its too expensive.... but maybe next month I will get one. or wait more to maybe some third party brand can do a VF.

bmonki, like Joe Widfall ( Flickr: joewig's Photostream ) no viewfinder...... nice style but its not working for me...
I shot like that a lot when I first started (with no viewfinder, just kinda point and blast), but it makes the photos look sloppy, doesnt take any work at all Mr. Joewig is walkin his happy ass down the sidewalk blasting pictures at every corner and callin it street photography, once again, a style anyone can do and can call art but not something I would suggest if you want to become a good street photographer, I good street photographer regardless of the situation will have no problem stopping, focusing, and framing, even though people have tried to kick my ass for it lol... I should post all the pictures of the people who wanted to kick my ass...

EDIT: oh ya where I was going with this ramble, the OVF was a really good purchase for me, I just bought it 2 weeks ago but had the Q since day one and told myself I didnt need it. And as much as I hate autofocus it makes this camera a little speed demon as the framing is extremely accurate... Theres someone selling on on ebay right now for 200, thats 50 off...

Last edited by wanderography; 03-05-2012 at 11:27 AM.