Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Forum Member

Q raw in Apples aperture problem

Hi all just a question about raw photos in Apples aperture.
When I load a raw photo from the Q into aperture I get a line of color down the right side of the photo. why is this? I don't get it in jpeg just raw.

03-06-2012, 03:00 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Did you update Mac Os X and Aperture?
03-06-2012, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

No thats normal for macs, I use Light Room, but it does that in iPhoto, it's like a way stating that its a raw image, when exported it wont be there anymore, it's good when shooting RAW+ you have your nice JPEG to the left and this ugly demon of a picture with a weird pink and purple stripe down its right side to the right... Dont worry its normal..
03-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
I did the up dates for Aperture. The reason why I asked is because my k5 raw files don't do it nor did the 5D raw files so why only the Q? I try exporting to the desk top and it was still there.
I do have to say tho I never shot Raw+ with my K5 just Raw but being that the Q files are smaller Im going to start using the Raw+ as the Jpegs from the Q are so nice plus Im getting sick of spending so much time on the computer playing with Raw files.

03-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the help but I solved the problem. I did the update to the Q firmware 1.01 and the raw file now loads without the pink stripe. should have done the Q update first I guess. Thanks for the help tho guys.