Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Uh oh-- I just spent a whole lot of time considering converting directors' loupes as possible external OVFs and had cine crop factor tables on the brain. . . sorry for the misinformation. . .

Scott

03-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Heres an image with a wideangle macro converter I got off ebay...

Last edited by wanderography; 03-27-2012 at 07:23 PM.
03-21-2012, 04:11 PM   #18

What were you focusing on? I know from personal experience these macro lenses unscrewed from wide angle converters are far from stellar but they certainly can be sharper than this.
03-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I was focusing on the flower, that leaf thats blurred is actually pressed against the glass, I'm not your go to expert on macro photography lol i just had a wide angle converter come in and kinda stuck with the macro adapter till I get a step up ring and know what size I need... And I just walked into my patio and took this picture real quick... Not a fan of it really, my zoom goes wider and I have the SLR Magic 60mm toy coming in that can focus up close... And the threads seem sketch, a tad off, I was air plane mechanic and I know my bolts and threads and these are a tad off and feel like there causing stress on my lens which can lead to a stress crack so I wont be using it anymore...

03-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
The CS mount is different from C mount, with a shorter flange distance, and my understanding is that CS mount lenses are usually designed for 1/2" and smaller sensors, so vignetting can be a problem with the larger 1/2.3" sensor in the Q.

I looked up the flange distances - while the screw mount is the same for C and CS lenses, the flange distance is indeed different.

C Mount = 17.526 mm

CS Mount = 12.526 mm

a C Mount adapter with a CS lens will not be a viable combination.

here's a database of the flange distances for just about any lens mount Camera Mounts Sorted by Register