Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2012, 11:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Q-image review: no way to ret rid of folders? Need new firmware?

Reviewing first test shots on my Q, I found out that the camera puts images taken in a new folder whenever you turn the power on. This means that I end up with 30+ folders after a da of shooting. This kind of ridiculous. Is there anything I missed (how to disable folders). On my DSLR (K7), all my images show up in a row sorted by date and time taken, which makes reviewing, deleting etc. much easier. Hopefully, the next firmware update will fix this.

03-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There's an option for this I believe, take a look at the set-up 2 menu.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #3

Original Poster
Might be FW 1.0

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I am still on firmware 1.0 and can't find such an option. The manual doesn' help either. I'll do the FW-update today and check back. Thx!
03-13-2012, 04:01 AM   #4

how odd... im on firmware 1.0 and mine has never created any new folders. The only folder options i can find are folder name and create new folder... but nothing about automatically creating folders. maybe theres something wrong with the camera?

03-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #5

Original Poster
Advice from Pentax

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Here is what Pentax service advised me to do:
"Thank you for your enquiry.
Please try to create/rename a folder with with a name which has a different format than date. Then the camera should save all photos in there."

What I did was choose PENTX as folder name instead of day (Pentax service wasn't relly clear about this, but directed me in the right direction). Now all pics are in one single folder. Happy about this! Now I'd like an electronic level with the next FW update.
;-)

Last edited by stern; 03-13-2012 at 03:39 PM.
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stern Quote
. . . . What I did was choose PENTX as folder name instead of day . . . . . . . . ;-)
Thanks for sharing this . . . I'm sure I'd have got there eventually . . . . but this little nugget will hopefully sort out the multiple folders within DCIM.

Thanks,

Gary.