Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #151
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
If you walk the package into the post office you can have them scan the bar code and give you a.proof of acceptance that will at least show that you tried to mail it.
" show that you tried to mail it" OMG, I could see this is turning out to be a total disaster. The BS artists at QVC told me they were sending a UPS return label and UPS would pick it up.

03-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To me,if you hand the package to the mail people you didn't "try to mail it". You mailed.
thanks
barondla
03-26-2012, 04:18 AM   #153
Pentaxian

If you like every-day "take with me" quality shooting, the Q is not a bad option.
03-26-2012, 05:43 AM   #154
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
To me,if you hand the package to the mail people you didn't "try to mail it". You mailed.
thanks
barondla
And if the USPS loses it your out $320.

03-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
And if the USPS loses it your out $320.
If you have the package scanned when you drop it off at the post office, then I don't think you'd have much to worry about regardless of what happens after. If QVC claims they didn't get the camera back, and you can show that you sent it via return label method they provided you, I have no doubt your credit card company would side with you in a dispute (assuming of course you paid with a credit card).

That said, the actual chances of the package getting lost when using a prepaid label that is properly attached to the package is exceeding small (<1%). The majority of lost mail results from poorly attached labels and or handwritten labels that are illegible. Personally I've shipped and receieved well over 300 packages via USPS over the past 2 years and not a single one has been lost. One package last year was significantly delayed due to an error on their part, but even that one eventually was "found" (they marked it in their system as "delivered", when in fact it was sitting in the post office waiting to be picked up).
03-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #156
Banned

I shipped it back UPS ground exactly how I received it. It cost $14.17 with $320 insurance at my local UPS center. QVC said they will reimburse me the $14.17 postage along with my full refund . It's funny that QVC called after I posted about it on the QVC forum.
QVC scammed people who ordered the Pentax Q DSLR kit (digital camera)
03-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #157
Veteran Member

I shipped it back UPS ground exactly how I received it. It cost $14.17 with $320 insurance at my local UPS center. QVC said they will reimburse me the $14.17 postage along with my full refund . It's funny that QVC called after I posted about it on the QVC forum.

I responded on your QVC thread. No idea if it will have any impact on them.

03-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #158
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not to side track this thread (I was hoping you guys would get the $300 Q, and QVC would eat the loss), but I experienced a similar thing with Paypal recently. I bought a lens off ebay and used Paypal to pay. Three weeks later I get an email from the seller saying that Paypal says the funds are "unavailable." I email Paypal and get a canned repsonse that meant nothing. It try several more times and receive nothing. Then they send me their idiotic survey about how well they answered my questions. I fill it out all negative. Sure enough I soon received an email from Paypal telling me the issue had been resolved.

Too bad you all didn't get a $300 Q. I wish one of you would challenge them so that you would eventually get one, but I understand the hassle. Best stay away from QVC, but I can't get my mom to do that.
03-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #159
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
Not to side track this thread (I was hoping you guys would get the $300 Q, and QVC would eat the loss), but I experienced a similar thing with Paypal recently. I bought a lens off ebay and used Paypal to pay. Three weeks later I get an email from the seller saying that Paypal says the funds are "unavailable." I email Paypal and get a canned repsonse that meant nothing. It try several more times and receive nothing. Then they send me their idiotic survey about how well they answered my questions. I fill it out all negative. Sure enough I soon received an email from Paypal telling me the issue had been resolved.

Too bad you all didn't get a $300 Q. I wish one of you would challenge them so that you would eventually get one, but I understand the hassle. Best stay away from QVC, but I can't get my mom to do that.
I just hope no clueless regular QVC shopper ordered it and didn't realise it's not what they got.
03-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #160
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I just hope no clueless regular QVC shopper ordered it and didn't realise it's not what they got.
It does make you wonder how often that happens.........
03-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #161
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I let you know next xmas. Might be under the tree from nonni.
04-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My refund came through this weekend.
Like I said it was worth the effort for the chance to get a deal on the Q to experiment with it.
At regular price it is unlikely I will buy it.
04-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
My refund came through this weekend.
Like I said it was worth the effort for the chance to get a deal on the Q to experiment with it.
At regular price it is unlikely I will buy it.
Mine was refunded as well and as far as I can tell no shipping was deducted, but to be safe I should check my credit card statements.
04-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
If you like every-day "take with me" quality shooting, the Q is not a bad option.
Talk about a drive-by post!
04-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #165
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Mine was refunded as well and as far as I can tell no shipping was deducted, but to be safe I should check my credit card statements.
I lost over $7 on the deal since they only refunded half the cost of my UPS return shipping cost. QVC is only for clueless women since 99% of their products are overpriced women products. I now have a PK-Q adapter , Q C-mount adapter and a 12.5mm F1.3 C mount lens and no Q.