Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oh wow, I hope a store over here sells it for that kind of price! I might sell my K-r for it and some adapters

03-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #77
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Well, none of us got one yet for $300 - guess we will find out tomorrow (for some) if the Q is in the box ...
I just come into this thread out of masochism now. I know I want one, but even at $300 I told myself "No, Jing, you need a new bag, and you need to save for the k-5 replacement". And now I am so regretful I didn't get one, and am watching to see if people in this thread really get one.

Then I'll go cry afterwards.
03-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #78
Veteran Member

I've been VERY bad........
03-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #79
Veteran Member

or good, depending how you look at it

03-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #80
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Lucky.

I want to see it mounted on some of your big optical cannons. And some photos or videos made using the Q The 5.5 Q conversion factor is going to produce some insane focal length equivalents on your gear.
I wonder if SR will help with my 800mm (4,400mm FF eqiv) F8 Rokinon mirror lens handheld.
03-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I wonder if SR will help with my 800mm (4,400mm FF eqiv) F8 Rokinon mirror lens handheld.
I wonder. All I have is the 500mm F8 Opteka so it would be what 2750 equivalent? Wow!

Did you get the adapter with a tripod mount built in?
03-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #82

Getting cheaper also in the EU

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Oh wow, I hope a store over here sells it for that kind of price! I might sell my K-r for it and some adapters
Keep an eye on amazon.co.uk! There the Q is currently at 329,- with the 01 prime. Just remember to stay in U.K. currency when ordering from them because they slyly offer you to switch to EURO in the course of the ordering process. Deny this friendly offer and stick to the English Pound as Amazon has its own creative exchange rate which will set you back appr. EUR 30,- for the Q. Let your bank/credit card supplier do this for you (you can check the actual rate at oanda.com's currency converter, don't forget to add 3% credit card surplus in the drop-down menu on the converter website). Shipping from the U.K. is cheap (was EUR 3,- to Vienna/Austria) and fast - I ordered Tuesday and held the Q in hands on Friday. Besides, amazon.co.uk offers a nifty tracking service I haven't encountered on the German Amazon sites yet. And since we are all in EURO-land, no extra taxes, customs etc. apply.
P.S.: the box I received came with 2 power cords: one for the UK and one for continental use (OTOH you can buy such a cord at any electronics dealer for a EURO or two). Pentax unfortunately no more adds a printed manual, all you receive is a multilingual CD plus a useless quick-start guide (o.k., might be useful for absolute beginners).
Srecno in lahko noc!
03-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #83
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Did you get the adapter with a tripod mount built in?
Yes, I have this one coming from Amazon and will use it on my Bogen 475/501 tripod head combo.

BTW my LCDVF should also fit the Q.

03-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #84
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by stern Quote
keep an eye on amazon.co.uk! There the q is currently at 329,- with the 01 prime. Just remember to stay in u.k. Currency when ordering from them because they slyly offer you to switch to euro in the course of the ordering process. Deny this friendly offer and stick to the english pound as amazon has its own creative exchange rate which will set you back appr. Eur 30,- for the q. Let your bank/credit card supplier do this for you (you can check the actual rate at oanda.com's currency converter, don't forget to add 3% credit card surplus in the drop-down menu on the converter website). Shipping from the u.k. Is cheap (was eur 3,- to vienna/austria) and fast - i ordered tuesday and held the q in hands on friday. Besides, amazon.co.uk offers a nifty tracking service i haven't encountered on the german amazon sites yet. And since we are all in euro-land, no extra taxes, customs etc. Apply.
P.s.: The box i received came with 2 power cords: One for the uk and one for continental use (otoh you can buy such a cord at any electronics dealer for a euro or two). Pentax unfortunately no more adds a printed manual, all you receive is a multilingual cd plus a useless quick-start guide (o.k., might be useful for absolute beginners).
Srecno in lahko noc!
329.00 gbp = $521.315 usd
03-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #85
Pentaxian

I think he means it's a bargain for UK users, based on his comment on using the friendly UK pound. That's probably true since the MSRP of the Q on Amazon UK is 699gbp, which if we compare to the $799, means the discount is equivalent to $429 for us.
03-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #86

GBP 329 = USD 520 = EUR 380. The EUR-GBP ratio is still quite good in the EU.
In the US, Amazon charges USD 590,- for the Q which is EUR 430,- (but we'd have to add shipping here and especially customs). But I just checked the German Amazon site and the single-lens Q is now down to EUR 445,- (still a lot more than in the UK), the 2-lens set at EUR 649,- (UK: EUR 520,-). I got me the 2-lens set and saved some 70,- EUR by buying from the U.K. instead in my home market (forget about the 3 EUR shipping fee).
03-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #87
Site Supporter

Jogiba, your adapter has a tripod socket but doesn't appear to have the aperture ring control. Not be a problem with lenses that have their own aperture ring. Depending on how the adapter is designed it will either shoot with the lens closed all the way down( not good) or wide open( fine). Make sure to keep an eye on the tripod mount. Mine has to be retightened every few weeks. It needs bigger screws in it.

Can't wait to see your images. The Q is so much fun with good teles. Once Pentax releases the adapter they would be crazy to not offer the Q, DA300, and adapter in a birding/wildlife kit. A totally different market for the Q! Never leave without mine. Even when carrying the full bag with the DSLRs in it.
thanks
barondla
03-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #88
Banned

I am waiting for the Pentax Q adapter and will use the one without aperture ring with my scopes and mirror lenses that have no aperture control.

QuoteQuote:
Lens adapter
Model name: Adapter Q for K mount lens

Lens adapter for mounting a K mount lens onto a Q mount interchangeable-lens digital camera body
Built-in shutter unit; manual-focus operation only
Market launch scheduled for spring 2012
Pentax Ricoh shows off lenses in development for K, Q and 645 mounts at CP+: Digital Photography Review
03-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Looks like my Q or whatever it will be is out for delivery so I may be able to report back later this evening on what it turns out to be.
I'm on the route back to the UPS shipping center for the drivers so my deliveries are always late in the afternoon.
03-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #90
Banned