Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #106
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lammie200 Quote
Talk about bait and switch. At least you all can return them. I bought some headphones from woot. They have a no return policy. I sold them on Ebay and lost about $30 when the smoke cleared.
Bait and switch is illegal, you should have reported them to the government
QVC should be reported apparently as well. There is no law compelling them to honour a pricing error but once they start fulfilling with the wrong product intentionally then it becomes a bigger issue
it will be interesting to see what ships from the california site as cali has some of the strongest consumer protection laws in the US

03-19-2012, 10:20 AM   #107
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
The Q is not available body only, and the 01 prime is not available for sale by itself either, so VERY VERY unlikely to not receive the pair
After some investigation that is what I found out too. Odd isn't it, this may be the only interchangeable lens system that you can't purchase either by itself. Does make the package more likely to be useable straight out of the box!

If its an Optio and the invoice says "Q" then they owe you a "Q" under most US laws. I must admit that I ordered one too later and mine hasn't shipped yet.....
03-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like a non deliberate error to me. The resolution I would expect for most will be a refund.
03-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #109
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jezza323 Quote
Sounds like a non deliberate error to me. The resolution I would expect for most will be a refund.
they posted it as sold out then put it up again. it may not have been deliberate but it was pretty damn incompetent. Having worked retail for 25 years before something went to ad it was proofed by multiple people including the commodity buyer (who should have caught the error if no-one else did given it is their bottom line that get's hit if they honour it - and many retailers would BTW I got a canon 9000 printer from best buy for $100 below dealer cost on just such an error

03-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #110
Veteran Member

Don't get me wrong, I agree that someone has totally cocked it up, but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion they did it deliberately. It doesn't help them as a business to piss off their customers, so I doubt they would do so on purpose.
03-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
they posted it as sold out then put it up again. it may not have been deliberate but it was pretty damn incompetent. Having worked retail for 25 years before something went to ad it was proofed by multiple people including the commodity buyer (who should have caught the error if no-one else did given it is their bottom line that get's hit if they honour it - and many retailers would BTW I got a canon 9000 printer from best buy for $100 below dealer cost on just such an error
QVC tends to control their inventory by counting how many people have reserved or put something into their basket. Then if its not paid for or a certain time elapses its put back into their available stock. So, the supposed Q going into and out of inventory several times could have been entirely automated.
03-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #112
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Now I have to wait for a return label since it was not in the box.
There's a link to print a return label in your shipping email.*EDIT* Go to your QVC account page, click on the order number and it's listed there.

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
just an FYI, the Q on the same page is now listed for the "correct" price. However I kept the record of the price and page, so we definitely have that.
Now it's not listed at all. Currently the wife is on the phone. They are saying it's out of stock and they don't know if they will get them again.

Last edited by Jodokast96; 03-19-2012 at 10:54 AM.
03-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #113
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Now it's not listed at all. Currently the wife is on the phone. They are saying it's out of stock and they don't know if they will get them again.
That's convenient
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #114
Veteran Member

There's a link to print a return label in your shipping email.

That is correct - their website has removed the listing for the Q kit and the Optio VS20. However, if they make mention that the listing is not online, I have saved the original webpage of the Q at $300 and also a screenshot. I can get those uploaded tonight.
03-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike.P® Quote
That's convenient
they should have just owned up and emailed the people who ordered that there was an error and offered them a coupon code for $25 for the error for future purchases. most people here didn't think it was right but all wanted it to be right. shipping out instead the wrong item is really poor customer service even if they pay full shipping on the return as there is an inconvenience factor to take into account for people as well

even if it was automated replenishment feeding the site i would think a fast run would have raised flags on an item like the Q
03-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #116
Veteran Member

So when it's all said and done, I'm to ship them back for a full refund and a refund of all shipping charges. There is no hold list, but there is a note on the account that if they do again become available, that they honor this price. We had to ask them for this, they did not offer it themselves. Get the name of the person you speak to and be sure to ask for their direct number.
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #117
Veteran Member

So when it's all said and done, I'm to ship them back for a full refund and a refund of all shipping charges. There is no hold list, but there is a note on the account that if they do again become available, that they honor this price. We had to ask them for this, they did not offer it themselves. Get the name of the person you speak to and be sure to ask for their direct number.
Yeah, but no guarantee that they will let you know they have them back in stock.....
03-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #118
Veteran Member

Nope, but you can bet your ass I'll keep checking the page now.
03-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #119
Veteran Member

Well I'm glad they don't ship this to Canada. I would have been dinged for taxes and brokerage by the courier and that is almost impossible to get back (at best you can get the taxes back but it may cost more than the $39 in admin fees to do so )

the stupid thing is stopping it before shipment and explaining the error and offering a goodwill $25 or more discount coupon would have cost them less than the 2 courier charges they will now eat not to mention man hours and lost customer good will
Someone is sleeping at the wheel there
03-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #120
Veteran Member

actually after doing a little research i realized QVC has a really crap reputation for service resolutions so the fact that they are sending return labels and refunding is actually better than average for them.
there seem to have been a number of FTC complaints about them in the past