Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Were you a guy....?

Hi,

Just a quick & shot question here. Were you a guy who didn't like the Q at all when it was released...but somehow you had a change of heart (with some unknown forces )?

I was one who didn't like the Q in the first place but now the Q seems to fit rather perfectly my street life after I've tried to see an imperfect thing perfectly

Joe

03-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #2

I did not like it initially because I thought the lenses would be literally toys, but most of them are definitely not that bad
03-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #3

I initially purchased the Q on release date, and returned after feeling that the performance didn't match the $870 I paid for it with sales tax.

Fast forward a few months later, and at $499 shipped to my door, the equation has changed. Cost definitely sets a level of expectation, and the $799 initial price was off the mark.

My Q2 wishlist:
- Longer Battery Life
- Focus Peaking
- Improved Sensor
03-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I initially didn't like the Q, because I thought not much lenses would be introduced for the system. But now there's even third party lens developement! Being proven wrong is really good this way.

But personally, I still wouldn't want the Q. My K5 with DA40 already is tiny. It fits right in my jacket pocket and almost goes anywhere I go. So there really isn't any need for something even smaller. And there certainly isn't any need to drop ANY features or IQ to go even smaller.

03-16-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was a skeptic at first. Then I saw it in store and dismissed it... grabbed a Nikon J1 instead. Didn't get along well with the J1. Grabbed a NEX5N...too big..for a pocket go everywhere with me device. So now I'm a Q owner, as of 3 hours ago. Going to go play with it tonight once that battery is charged!!! Just the shots I took around the shop before it died on me turned out pretty snazy. I'm impressed.
03-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
Banned

I liked the Q when it first came out except for the price but with the low QVC price I purchased it.
03-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
. . . . . My K5 with DA40 already is tiny . . . . . .
Compared to a Q, it really isn't.

I only occasionally make the time to use a camera - a 30-odd year old MX, a lovely bit of compact engineering - a fair bit smaller than a K5 (I know - comparing apples to pears is a bit unfair) . . . . and I've just bought a Q for my OH.

But it is all 'horses for courses' though, isn't it? Different tools for different jobs - and a K5 wouldn't do the job for my OH in the same way her Q wouldn't do the job for you.

I'll have to take shot with a P&S comparing the MX to the Q - the only DSLR reference I can make is the (don't shout at me) low-end Canon 450D I have. Watching some rugby now

03-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
I liked the Q when it first came out except for the price but with the low QVC price I purchased it.
The PENTAX Q - YouTube
in the video it shows that the Q has an "overimpression" mode. I cannot find this anywhere, I can't even find mention of it anywhere but in the video... are we being misled?
03-18-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I'm just curious why this shirt has (roughly) "never give up" written under the collar in French, but the price tag makes it appear to be for sale in japan.
Is Pentax sponsoring a team?

03-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Home Uniform

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
I'm just curious why this shirt has (roughly) "never give up" written under the collar in French, but the price tag makes it appear to be for sale in japan.
Is Pentax sponsoring a team?
Thank you for the translation.

There is a tag in Japanese below the uniform but it is not the price tag. It's the tag saying that this uniform is for "home games" by Dijon Football Côte d'Or (Dijon FCO). The white one haug beside is for "away games." It seems Pentax is sponsoring the team then. No any price tags are attached with both; therefore, they aren't for sale, I guess.

I shot this photo, doubtlessly using Q , at Pentax Sqaure in Tokyo, which is ranked in one of the 300 things to do in Tokyo from Lonely Planet....? You may follow the following link posted by a member here a couple of years ago for a few photos of Pentax Square:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/127539-my-photos-penta...re-2008-a.html

Regards,

Joe
03-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pcwindfall2012 Quote
Thank you for the translation.

There is a tag in Japanese below the uniform but it is not the price tag. It's the tag saying that this uniform is for "home games" by Dijon Football Côte d'Or (Dijon FCO). The white one haug beside is for "away games." It seems Pentax is sponsoring the team then. No any price tags are attached with both; therefore, they aren't for sale, I guess.
And thank you for that translation. I was going to ping my friends in France to buy one of those red jerseys for me, but it seems Pentax is no longer sponsoring the team (or else the team is selling old shirts). Zut alors!