Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok all you Q Owners - why no reviews?

The title says it all. I went to the Camera section to read about your impressions of the Q and found.....nothing. Seriously, not a single review by an owner. Not one. Is it that bad?

03-18-2012, 12:18 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They're all scared they'll be insulted by the lunatic fringe of Pentax folks who don't believe anything less than a Full Frame DSLR is any good.

Look at the folks who made such a big fuss about the K-01.

I look forward to reading those reviews also, I can't afford one at present but that doesn't mean I'm less interested in it.
03-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Pentaxians are quirky, and you can not spell quirky without a "Q"!
03-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I think that just not enough people own one.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think that just not enough people own one.
Adam, so is it 10-50-what? You'd think someone would have written up their review of the little thing.
03-18-2012, 01:12 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Reviews are serious things, Q-owners are too busy taking fun with their stuff to save time for writing
03-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
You'll obviously have to look elsewhere:

7 reviews on amazon.co.uk, 7 in German on dot.de and 5 more in English on ...dot.com. Most of them rave reviews.

03-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stern Quote
7 reviews on amazon.co.uk, 7 in German on dot.de and 5 more in English on ...dot.com. Most of them rave reviews.
Terrific. But what about Pentaxians? Wouldn't you consider them more informed consumers? Why no reviews from them here?
03-18-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Terrific. But what about Pentaxians? Wouldn't you consider them more informed consumers? Why no reviews from them here?
Here are some reasons:

- Few people will bother to write a camera review at all
- There are thousands of owners of each Pentax DSLR model and only up to ~40 reviews for each model. There are probably less than 1:40 owners of Q, so we shouldn't be surprised that there is no review at all for the Q
- It's easier to add a review to an existing section than to create a section by yourself (have to take product shots, etc)

All this explains why no one bothered to add a Q review here. But there is enough activity in this forum that you can find out people that use the Q and ask their opinion directly, if you're interested in finding out more about the camera.
03-18-2012, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #10

I see no point in me or any other owner reviewing it, it got so much coverage already, it has been wider and more diverse (controversial ) that for any other mass-marketed digital camera in the recent years if memory serves me right. I really have nothing to add, some will love it like me and some will remain indifferent no matter what I could write in a homespun review. The Q is not a religious teaching for zealots to spread. I just use it and enjoy it.
03-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Banned

There are many Q reviews on youtube and this one is the best IMHO.
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
There are many Q reviews on youtube and this one is the best IMHO.
Pentax Q - New Favouritest Camera EVER! - Review - YouTube

I think Blunty 3000 is terrific and enjoy his video rants and reviews. I just wanted one from a Pentaxian, who we would believe might be better equipped by experience to comment on the Q. Ah well.
03-18-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Asahiflex has commented several times about his Q. barondla has recently posted euphoric Replies showing Q with K-01. Maybe the owners of Q aren't the type who write reviews.

I've started an outline for a K-01 user review but it is a pretty scary thing to put yourself out there in a technically aware and proficient community such as this. Especially since this community has no fear of letting you know they disagree (and then there are the classless clowns who spew invective with no experience or knowledge). Many potential reviewers simply ask themselves, "Why bother?" and the answer is "Don't."
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Asahiflex has commented several times about his Q. barondla has recently posted euphoric Replies showing Q with K-01. Maybe the owners of Q aren't the type who write reviews.

I've started an outline for a K-01 user review but it is a pretty scary thing to put yourself out there in a technically aware and proficient community such as this. Especially since this community has no fear of letting you know they disagree (and then there are the classless clowns who spew invective with no experience or knowledge). Many potential reviewers simply ask themselves, "Why bother?" and the answer is "Don't."
Good points. Good luck with your K-01 review.
03-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I think Blunty 3000 is terrific and enjoy his video rants and reviews. I just wanted one from a Pentaxian, who we would believe might be better equipped by experience to comment on the Q. Ah well.
Pentax Q Review - Overview - PentaxForums.com