Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Q Camera Case O-CC115 ?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

In term I might be adding some kind of protection for the Q. I see there's this O-CC115 case that's offered by Pentax.

Does anyone here use this? If so, how does it allow access to the memory card and battery? It seems to me the entire case needs to be taken off for both, which also means taking off the strap. Not very practical... unless I have it all wrong and there is an easier way.

I like the "classic" look this kind of case adds.

Wim

03-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have the black version... Theres two types out there, you can buy the non pentax ones with the tripod hole which are real nice especially if you get the TP brand but you will need a coin to remove it and it doesnt have holes for the strap, the one you posted is softer and is small, does not have a tripod hole but it does screw off easy with the fingers and with the strap around the case and not the camera its easy to take on and off, the leather feels a lot nicer too, softer.
07-31-2012, 12:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I just found this one:
https://www.hakubaphoto.jp/products/detail/0101110166-4H-00-00

It looks perfect, with both SD card and battery compartments accessible by opening the sides. Only downside is that it doesn't firmly attach to the tripod mount and doesn't allow mounting a tripod either. I managed to contact the manufacturer in Japan, but unfortunately they don't sell outside Japan, and furthermore the black version (which is the one I would like to get) is sold out in their stock. They explicitly told me they do not intend to produce any more... Shame...

If I would be more handy, I would try to make one based on this design myself... but attaching to the tripod hole. Are there leather workshops that could do this kind of custom work?

Wim
07-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #4

I have the retro case in a tan color. It's quite well made, and real leather--nicer than the similar case for the xpro, IMO. I use it with the 01 prime and the prime's lens hood; I don't use the cap, just shut the case when I want to cover the lens. Except the "fuzz" that comes off because the case is new, I'm pretty happy with it.

I don't use the strap, though, preferring to keep the Q in my pocket.

Would I buy it again? Maybe. The Q has proven durable without a case, the exterior is made quite well. The case adds bulk, which I don't love in my pocket. Good for a woman's purse, though, where there are more items that could scratch the screen, etc. And it does feel nice and look nice, I do enjoy using it on occasion.

Negatives are the aforementioned added bulk, the inability to fit when you're using the fisheye, and the fact you have to remove the lower half to charge the battery or remove the SD card. The last two are minor annoyances, IMO, it's not really that hard to remove. If it fit when using the fisheye, I'd likely use it more.

07-31-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
I just found this one:
https://www.hakubaphoto.jp/products/detail/0101110166-4H-00-00

It looks perfect, with both SD card and battery compartments accessible by opening the sides. Only downside is that it doesn't firmly attach to the tripod mount and doesn't allow mounting a tripod either. I managed to contact the manufacturer in Japan, but unfortunately they don't sell outside Japan, and furthermore the black version (which is the one I would like to get) is sold out in their stock. They explicitly told me they do not intend to produce any more... Shame...

If I would be more handy, I would try to make one based on this design myself... but attaching to the tripod hole. Are there leather workshops that could do this kind of custom work?

Wim
Thats a really cool casing......
10-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #6

I have this one:
Leather Camera Case Bag For Pentax Q Black | eBay

It actually works really well, allows access to the SD card and battery + has a tripod connection.

If I'm carrying the camera in my bag I use the full cover, but if I am taking the camera out on daily stuff I just use the half case. It fits the 01 lens...
03-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I went with the Pentax bag. Incredible value at $9.95. Very high quality supple leather. Fits a Q with lens attached, extra lens and extra battery.